Sign in to follow this  
Blainsey

Hartson on a Bozzy

Looks like Celtic arent gonna renew the big mans contract this season. what a signing he would be! proven goalscorer and could be a great foil for hucks. possible problem is that he is fat, but i still think he would do a job for us. 

Can''t see it happening. Apparently we were talking to him for about a week in the summer. We couldn''t reach an agreement then, so if either him or his agent don''t compromise in some way it ain''t gonna happen.

lol, no i do not represent the ''big'' man, although i do hear his agent can frequently be found in the glasgow branch of KFC stocking up on post match snacks for John ''tubs'' Hartson

[quote]Looks like Celtic arent gonna renew the big mans contract this season. what a signing he would be! proven goalscorer and could be a great foil for hucks. possible problem is that he is fat, but i stil...[/quote]

Signing the ''lump'' would make the charge of the light brigade, seem like a sensible military decision!.  

Oh dear is this what we have come down to - John Hartson. Who next Robbie Fowler or a n other yesterday man?  didnt any of you see his ineffective display against England? 

Blimey - we have little enough cash to spend , we need to make sure that what little we do have is spent wisely on either on

1) a player with potential to give the club a future if not this season, then next, whichever division we are in (eg Ashton) or

2 ) a high quality but risky loanee who soaks the cash through high wages but gives us a real possibility of getting us the goals we need to avoid relegation without the long term risk of crippling the club if we do go down.

Helveg at least has a desire to perform and an aim to play in the next world cup.  Hartson is the wrong type of  player at the wrong stage in his career coming from a poor league where he can sore goals despite being unfit.

Anyway getting him on a bozzy means he cant play for us until June when he current deal finishes.

OTBC