Sign in to follow this  
canary cherub

The Man . . .

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Smudger"]

I guess the Man just swings with popular opinion like the rest of our spineless majority???

Funny articles but never exactly challenging because they are always way behind the times (which is why I stopped reading him).

However, I wouldn''t like to start rumours but I wrote this article as the Man said that he was struggling and needed to follow the lead set by the Great Smudger.

Time for a pint... C''mon Reading... DELIA OUT!!! [B]

[/quote]

I don''t believe that I''m going to bother asking this of you Smudge as you do like to dodge a question, but in the spirit of achieving the impossible I can but try to get you to answer this :

What makes you think that relegation will be the end of the current board ?
[/quote]

Did I say that blah???

It will surely be a step closer to the end of the road for them though wouldn''t you say?

I am sure with our dumb arsed fans that they will be allowed to have us heading for the Div 3 trap door before anything really changes.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="Peter Thorne"]At last, an artice that fires an arrow right at the heart of the problem. This will make deeply uncomfortable reading for many fans.

A key part is that the majority of Norwich fans are deeply and irreversibly attached to Delia Smith. Here is a slightly defenseless, slightly eccentric elderly woman, an almost maternal figure with whom they have shared so much with. Younger supporters have grown up with her... infact, for anyone 18 or under, Delia is all they know. Here then is a 13 year relationship, including of course a brief holiday together in the Premiserhip sun, so deep and entrenched that calling it a cultish devotion is not a stretch. When the Clucks and Smudgers of this world say most fans  now support "DNCFC", they''re totally on the money.

Now, I wasn''t born in Norfolk, and perhaps that''s why I have felt the exact frustration expressed in this article for many years.  Actually, sometimes I wonder if you do need to be from "outside" something to evaluate it properly. There are many individuals at CR, and on this very message board, who neatly fit The Man''s description.  The average Norwich fan, and probably the average Norfolk citizen, is exactly as The Man calls them. There can be absolutely no denying it.
[/quote]

I don''t know a single supporter who is "deeply and irreversibly attached to Delia Smith". Many fans I know and speak to acknowledge Delia''s hard work and servitude but equally fully admit she''s long past her usefulness and needs to go asap.
[/quote]

I saw a supporter in block C Lower Barclay that was prepared to attack another supporter for daring to chant anti Delia slogans. I think you might badge that as deeply and irreversibly attached...

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="Peter Thorne"]At last, an artice that fires an arrow right at the heart of the problem. This will make deeply uncomfortable reading for many fans.

A key part is that the majority of Norwich fans are deeply and irreversibly attached to Delia Smith. Here is a slightly defenseless, slightly eccentric elderly woman, an almost maternal figure with whom they have shared so much with. Younger supporters have grown up with her... infact, for anyone 18 or under, Delia is all they know. Here then is a 13 year relationship, including of course a brief holiday together in the Premiserhip sun, so deep and entrenched that calling it a cultish devotion is not a stretch. When the Clucks and Smudgers of this world say most fans  now support "DNCFC", they''re totally on the money.

Now, I wasn''t born in Norfolk, and perhaps that''s why I have felt the exact frustration expressed in this article for many years.  Actually, sometimes I wonder if you do need to be from "outside" something to evaluate it properly. There are many individuals at CR, and on this very message board, who neatly fit The Man''s description.  The average Norwich fan, and probably the average Norfolk citizen, is exactly as The Man calls them. There can be absolutely no denying it.
[/quote]

I don''t know a single supporter who is "deeply and irreversibly attached to Delia Smith". Many fans I know and speak to acknowledge Delia''s hard work and servitude but equally fully admit she''s long past her usefulness and needs to go asap.
[/quote]

I saw a supporter in block C Lower Barclay that was prepared to attack another supporter for daring to chant anti Delia slogans. I think you might badge that as deeply and irreversibly attached...

[quote user="Smudger"]

I guess the Man just swings with popular opinion like the rest of our spineless majority???

Funny articles but never exactly challenging because they are always way behind the times (which is why I stopped reading him).

However, I wouldn''t like to start rumours but I wrote this article as the Man said that he was struggling and needed to follow the lead set by the Great Smudger.

Time for a pint... C''mon Reading... DELIA OUT!!! [B]

[/quote]

If you truly believe that "common Reading" why don''t you stand outside the Barclay tonight, before kick off and start shouting it.

I am sure plenty of supporters will help you find your Ar** afterwards!

Relegation wont remove Smith just someone with money and a crow bar[:D]