Sign in to follow this  
Gentleman Jim

Andy Reid

Just seen on Sky Sports that this chap is likely to leave Forest for a Prem Club in January.

He would certainly solve our midfield short comings. IMHO

(1) Does anybody else think so ?

(2) If so could we afford him with cash + player exchange, perhaps ?

We could ask Jim Brennen to put in a word as he was previous team mate, (hmmm perhaps not).

I think this has been discussed previously, would like to see it but I don''t think it would happen. Probably be someone like Liverpool or Villa he goes to.  I like the idea of a player plus cash deal though, which player(s) did you have in mind?

"Hey Jim - can you have a word with someone that would freeze you out of first team action forever please??!" I think not.

Anyway, they turned down £5m from Spurs didn''t they? I don''t think we could afford half of that although he''s a very good player.

Agree with you there Jim, saw him on tele a couple of weeks ago, and he scored a cracker.

Can''t see him coming to us though, will probably go to a so called "bigger" club, like Blackburn or Southampton.

Who could we offer in part ex?

Since Forest supposedly want £5 million for him I think he''s somewhat unlikely to come to us.

Julio Arca on the other hand is in the last year of his contract at Sunderland and refusing to sign another one......................

kinnear was asking for something ridiulous for him, about 10 million. he''ll probably go for about 4, certainly too far out of 1.2million budget

[quote]I''ll take that as a NO then ..... sulk[/quote]

Don''t get me wrong Jim- I''d absolutely love Andy Reid in our team.  But a player of Reid''s quality will cost money which we couldn''t produce at this time

[quote]Just seen on Sky Sports that this chap is likely to leave Forest for a Prem Club in January. He would certainly solve our midfield short comings. IMHO (1) Does anybody else think so ? (2) If so cou...[/quote]

spurs bid £5m for him back in the summer so i think its safe to say he wont be comming to carra however miracles do happen from time to time so if he signs who do you relegate to the subs bench

Reid would be a great signing but some papers today are reporting that Newcastle are interested in him.  If that''s the case there''s no chance!

Dont''t think there is any chance any way Susie.   Players like Reid are well out of our league and if he does not go to Newcastle he will go to someone like Villa etc.  We have had this same posting a couple of months ago and it was mostly agreed then that he would be out of our league so why it has reared up again is quite beyond me.

I''m not suggesting for one second that we could even think about getting reid (it won''t happen as we can''t afford him). But if we did it would be such a shame to have to drop francis wouldn''t it.

Why francis? I hear you all ask 

Simple, it wouldn''t be holt would it he''d still be playing if we had Beckham Lampard and even Gerrard here.

Reid would be superb but like Bent is just out of price range unfortunately - and far more attractive sides than Norwich are interested - but again he plays in a position that is not our main priority.  For left midfield I would prefer Arca anyway.

OTBC