Sign in to follow this  
Hucks 96

What is wrong with me.....

I have been waiting for this day for what seems like ages but you know when I  awoke this morning it took me about 10 minutes to realise it was match day. The most important game in NCFC''s recent history and you know I am treating it like it is JUST a home game against Reading (which I know it is). Is it nerves ? Or the realisation that we probably can''t win two games in a row and we are doomed anyway? My worry is that if I feel like this will the players feel like this also? I mean even if we lose tonight we are still in with a chance, I know we move closer to the door in the last chance saloon bar but hey you know there is always Sunday.It feels like it will be an anti climax if we stay up ? Is this right ? Do I enjoy feeling miserable about my football team. I think back about all those long journeys home from far flung places having lost just when I thought this time Norwich were going to do something. Brighton 5th Round FA Cup 1983, 2 FA cup semi finals and of course the play off final most recently are a few that spring to mind. I am addicted to that sinking feeling? Never mind my Mum would say "there''s always next season" She never understood. I feel like the way Carney played against Sheff Wednesday - I know it is important, very inportant but I can''t really be arsed!I am the only one who feels like this?Ps. seeing Roy Keane in an Ipswich tracksuit with RK on the shoulder - it doesn''t look or feel right does it? I looked at the picture for a moment and stupidly said to myself - ok who''s RK at Ipswich then - who''s he borrowed the tracksuit off !!

You have my full sympathy Hucks 96. I feel exactly the same way and so, i would think, do many other yellas.

I can remember attending all those games you mention. So often we have let ourselves down at the final hurdle. Always the bridesmaid never the bride syndrome.

I have been feeling quite ill these last few weeks and it is worse now. Surely it can''t be the worry can it? Surely I''m not that stupid?

I hope we make it and then learn from the past terrible decisions and mistakes.

Frankly if we had a Lita up front and a Hucks to support I would be feeling much better. Where is our creativity going to come from?

The only comfort is that I will be surrounded by my mates of long standing so we are all in it together!!

I know where your coming from, a couple of days ago I felt quite confident that we would beat Reading at home, but as we get ever closer to kick off the realism kicks in that Norwich genuinely don''t perform when you REALLY need them to, well that''s always been the case from me experience anyway.

It is all about the performance tonight.  We need to win but will know in the first 20 mins which team has turned up and whether the loanees recognise the significance of this 90 minute confrontation.

I do not fancy us to get a result at the valley at all so think tonight is do or die.

Diagnosis: You feel the way you do because you like every other long suffering canary fan has simply suffered for too long. Your heart tells you to support the club but your brain tells you to let the club die: It has suffered for far too long. You have started to view relegation as a cure. Relegation would generate optimism, a fresh start, and more importantly a realistic chance of actually winning a few games.

Prognosis: I suspect you will realise come kick off that what you wrote in your post this morning was a load of twaddle. Once you see the lads run out onto the pitch to a chorus of OTBC you will realise that you do indeed give a shit about this embarrassment of a team we all support. And that you can be arsed to will them onto victory.

Cure: There is sadly only one cure for your suffering. And it comes in the form of three well earned points tonight. Not so much a cure, more a short term fix. Victory tonight, as I’m sure we are all aware, will only keep us in this league for one more season.

Never in the field of football has so much been asked of so few by so many!

So at the sound of the first whistle, gird your loins, grit your teeth, put your best foot forward, leave no blade of grass uncovered, fight for every ball and specially for every fan in the stands and those by their firesides around the great county....

JUST BLOODY WIN.

I am stressed already, my head is pounding and I feel sick, I just dread the walk out of the ground if we lose. I wasn''t this bad at Fulham but it was the  unknown then. Come on Norwich you can do it !  

Know how you feel. It''s maybe that dragged out inevitability. The knowing that come Sunday there will be too many players out there with a different agenda. An agenda that says, "I''m not really bothered cos I know that I''m off back to my real club" or "It''s not a problem cos Hull/ WBA/ Shefield Utd have been on to may agent and promised a move as long as we go down". Fulham all over again. It sorta makes tonight''s match a bit of an anti-climax before the anti-climax if that makes sense.

I''ll still be there shouting for them but I''ll be b****red if I''m hanging about for them to take the p*ss afterwards. My guess is that they''ll cancel the "Walk of Shame" if we lose anyway.

[quote user="jimbob"]I am stressed already, my head is pounding and I feel sick, I just dread the walk out of the ground if we lose. I wasn''t this bad at Fulham but it was the  unknown then. Come on Norwich you can do it !  [/quote]

Shoot me down if you want, but my feeling is that Fulham was very different. We had done bloody well to be in a position to keep hold of our Premier League status - defeat and relegation was gutting, but not entirely surprising.

Tonight is a whole different kettle of fish: we were at the very least a solid championship team, who might be promotion contenders most seasons. 

The third tier of English football is virtual oblivion - just look at the sheer number of games you have to play in a season.  We are talking about the continued existence of the club as most of us have known it all our supporting lives - and that scares the brown stuff out of me.

I''m glad a do not feel alone. Many thanks for all your posts. I was hoping as the working day drew to a close that I would feel more up for it - but sadly I don''t. Its a weird sort of feeling; anticipation mixed with excitment and nerves. Strangely I felt like this on my wedding day (do hope Mrs Hucks96) isn''t reading this!! Talk of the devil Mrs Hucks96 has rung up to discuss tea - yeah right, like I can eat anything now, has no idea ?? (maybe just some toast then?) I''m not sure even my usual three pints before the game will help tonight. Good luck everybody! OTBC