Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

16th May 2005 Fulham 6 - 0 Norwich

4 yrs ago we were in a similar position that we find ourselves in now.We had a chance of survivial, it was in our hands. Win and we stay up, lose and we go down. It was a time for men to step up. It was a time for warriors, for heroes. Sadly the Norwich City team that played Fulham that day had no warriors, no heroes and indeed, no men. We crumbled in a pathetic fashion and were relegated without a fight.Tonights match is part 1 of our survival war. Will we see men? heroes? Or will we wilt and fade into oblivion like we did 4 yrs ago.Lets get behind the boys, the fans at least have to be heroes tonight.

[quote user="Barclayman"]4 yrs ago we were in a similar position that we find ourselves in now.

We had a chance of survivial, it was in our hands. Win and we stay up, lose and we go down. It was a time for men to step up. It was a time for warriors, for heroes. Sadly the Norwich City team that played Fulham that day had no warriors, no heroes and indeed, no men. We crumbled in a pathetic fashion and were relegated without a fight.

Tonights match is part 1 of our survival war. Will we see men? heroes? Or will we wilt and fade into oblivion like we did 4 yrs ago.

Lets get behind the boys, the fans at least have to be heroes tonight.
[/quote]

Well said. We need to rock the house tonight. Even if the team play crap.

What is always forgotten, is that Steve Foley collapsed in the dressing room about 10 minutes before kick-off, and it was suspected he might be having a heart attack. I can''t help but think that if a friend and colleague of yours was in the same position, your mind might be a bit distracted from your job. Yes the performance was shocking, but too many facts have become ignored to help people win their own personal pathetic arguments

Yeah, the fans really need to be the 12th man tonight, and i''m assuming the ref will be crap again so it''ll be a nice even 12 vs 12 game.

[quote user="WilliamG"]What is always forgotten, is that Steve Foley collapsed in the dressing room about 10 minutes before kick-off, and it was suspected he might be having a heart attack. I can''t help but think that if a friend and colleague of yours was in the same position, your mind might be a bit distracted from your job. Yes the performance was shocking, but too many facts have become ignored to help people win their own personal pathetic arguments
[/quote]

I never knew that to be honest, but then im sure I didnt read the back pages for a few weeks after that game.

[quote user="WilliamG"]What is always forgotten, is that Steve Foley collapsed in the dressing room about 10 minutes before kick-off, and it was suspected he might be having a heart attack. I can''t help but think that if a friend and colleague of yours was in the same position, your mind might be a bit distracted from your job. Yes the performance was shocking, but too many facts have become ignored to help people win their own personal pathetic arguments
[/quote]

"Right boys, let''s do this for Steve - look what we''ve done to him"

6-0. Shall we ignore that fact? Tonight (and sunday) are the time for us to put the demon of that day to bed. That''s the fact we need to concentrate on. And if we''re up for it, there''s little doubt we can do it.

[quote user="WilliamG"]What is always forgotten, is that Steve Foley collapsed in the dressing room about 10 minutes before kick-off, and it was suspected he might be having a heart attack. I can''t help but think that if a friend and colleague of yours was in the same position, your mind might be a bit distracted from your job. Yes the performance was shocking, but too many facts have become ignored to help people win their own personal pathetic arguments[/quote]What about the fact Francis was a bag of shiite that day[:''(]

[/quote]

And because of that continued worry for steve foley we also peformed woefully in the championship aswell.

If we show the same commitment that Preston did against Birmingham then we will have a chance against Reading.  Team selection will be critical tonight and we need to see evidence of every player fighting for the 50-50 balls.  If any player is having a poor game then Gunn has to make the substitution early, and not leave it too late, which has been the case recently.  Reading still have an outside chance of automatic promotion, but they will also have the guarantee of play off matches coming up, so hopefully they will try and protect some of their key players.