Sign in to follow this  
Jez

Watching the match in London and Newcastle.

Hey, anyone know of a pub in London or Newcastle that is likely to be showing our game instead of the Newcastle game on setanta?  I''m aware that this is almost an impossibility in the Toon, but is there a Norwich pub in the big smoke?

[quote user="Jez"]Hey, anyone know of a pub in London or Newcastle that is likely to be showing our game instead of the Newcastle game on setanta?  I''m aware that this is almost an impossibility in the Toon, but is there a Norwich pub in the big smoke?
[/quote]

Delia''s got a gaff in London...(I assume she''s also got Sky)...See if she''ll lend you a key?

[quote user="Jez"]Hey, anyone know of a pub in London or Newcastle that is likely to be showing our game instead of the Newcastle game on setanta?  I''m aware that this is almost an impossibility in the Toon, but is there a Norwich pub in the big smoke?
[/quote]

Hi... I got this email from Tim Allman (Kenton Canary) :

Norwich City v Reading - Monday 27th April 2009, 7:45pm k/o

For those unable to make it to Norwich for the final home game of the
season on Monday night, the Offside Bar in Islington will be showing
the match live on their Big Screens. With a Premiership match on TV
the same evening (Newcastle v Portsmouth), this will probably be the
only venue in London where our vital game takes centre stage.

A match day menu will also be available.

The offside bar is located on City Road, between Angel and Old Street
tube stations. For more information please see their website:
http://www.offsidebar.com/

Charlton v Norwich City - Sunday 3rd May 2009, 1:15pm k/o

Cheers

Tim

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks alot Tim!  That allows my brother to watch the game.  Now just need to find a geordie who''ll allow me to watch the game instead of the demise of their own team :p

Ardent Norwich fan living in Chester le Street.I will be watching the game live on Sky at home with a couple of beers or so.

Confident we can beat Reading and stay up.

Always thought 52 points would be enough and am sure we will get them 

By the way,the big song up here at the moment is that old number DOONTOON (Downtown)

Be good to play the toon next season

It would be good to be playing the toon next year, and I don''t see Shearer saving them.  But I''m not as confident that we''ll stay up, the Reading game is gonna be tough, and it wouldn''t be the first time we''ve slipped up on the last day of the season.  Anyone remember Fulham?

Just in case anyone else is like me and stuck in the toon on Monday evening, my sources have told me that the bar in Eldon Leisure Centre (above the shopping centre) doesn''t have Setanta and therefore should be showing our game.  And should also be easy to get to the bar as the geordie''s will all be off watching their own relegation battle.

[/quote]

Bit of difference there, either Newcastle or London. So if there is no pub in Newcastle showing it, you will go to London? Cool.[:O]

[/quote]

Bit of difference there, either Newcastle or London. So if there is no pub in Newcastle showing it, you will go to London? Cool.[:O]

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nah, if you''d read my other posts you''d have realised that it''s my brother who''s in London, and me in Newcastle

[quote user="Jez"]Just in case anyone else is like me and stuck in the toon on Monday evening, my sources have told me that the bar in Eldon Leisure Centre (above the shopping centre) doesn''t have Setanta and therefore should be showing our game.  And should also be easy to get to the bar as the geordie''s will all be off watching their own relegation battle.[/quote]hmm, mite have to check that out if i can''t get it put on a screen somewhere in jesmond