Sign in to follow this  
ca

Lets talk about Norwich v Reading game

Its only a few days away and its going to be maybe the biggest game of the season at home.

What team would you play and whats your prediction ??

I''ve gone for Jamie upfront  with Lee because Mooney is unavailable and Gow didn''t impress me against Ipswich, was far too selfish in passing the ball on loads of occasions.Carney starts on the left with Lappin waiting in the wings in case Bertrand or Carney don''t perform.

Marshall

Semmy - Doc - Shacks - Bertrand

Croft - Clingan - Rusty - Carney

Lee - Cureton

Subs - Nelson - Gow - Drury - Cody - Lappin

My Prediction 2-0 to us, Lee & Clingan

I''d go

Marshall

Otsemobor

Doherty

Shackell

Bertrand

Croft

Clingan

Russell

Lappin

Lee

Cureton

Prediction 1-1

[quote user="cityangel"]

Its only a few days away and its going to be maybe the biggest game of the season at home.

What team would you play and whats your prediction ??

I''ve gone for Jamie upfront  with Lee because Mooney is unavailable and Gow didn''t impress me against Ipswich, was far too selfish in passing the ball on loads of occasions.Carney starts on the left with Lappin waiting in the wings in case Bertrand or Carney don''t perform.

Marshall

Croft - Clingan - Rusty - Carney

Lee - Cureton

Subs - Nelson - Gow - Drury - Cody - Lappin

[/quote]

Interesting team there CA, Mooney is a big big loss (lot of people eat there words since he has been signed,save that for another thread!) Dont think id play Cureton but maybe have him on the bench as he might be hungry now and revel in this type of game, I woul definetly not start him though! Start with Gow, and prob bring Cody on if he is not performing, same for lappin with Carney! Id go with:

Marshall

Croft - Clingan - Rusty - Lappin

Lee  -  Gow

Subs: Nelson Carney, Cody, Curo, Drury

3-1 win city. Lee X 2 Clingan 1

Marshall

Otsemobor Doc Shackell Bertrand

Croft Clingan Russel Gow

Lee McDonald

Nelson, Carney, Drury Lappin Daley?

I have a whole week off next week, so I shall be celebrating or commiserating come Monday eve!! ON THE BALL CITY!!!

[quote user="ncfc90"]Marshall Otsemobor Doc Shackell Bertrand Croft Clingan Russel Gow Lee McDonald Nelson, Carney, Drury Lappin Daley?[/quote]

Actually NCFC this team looks pretty good, id be in favour of this line up [Y]

Well i think Lee and McDonald could work really well together. Mcdonald has pace to burn, and providing his fitness is up to scratch hopefully can get onto many of Lee''s flick on''s.

[quote user="ncfc90"]Well i think Lee and McDonald could work really well together. Mcdonald has pace to burn, and providing his fitness is up to scratch hopefully can get onto many of Lee''s flick on''s.[/quote]

Yeah it might be the way to go, we have nothin to lose playing the lad and he could do well! Give him a shot I say (better than Cureton anyway!!)

I''d field a 3-5-2 attacking formation:

Marshall - GKLeijer - CBDoherty - CBShackell - CBOtsemobor - DMRClingan - MFGow - AMCPattison - MFBertrand - DMLLee - FWCureton - FW  Subs:NelsonDruryCroftRussellCarney

I''d go with Lee and McDonald as well. Impressed with Cody when he came on last Sunday. If he''d played for longer he may have got one in. I reckon we could get a draw; maybe quite a high scoring game, like Wolves away.

[quote user="AndyJR"]I have a whole week off next week, so I shall be celebrating or commiserating come Monday eve!! ON THE BALL CITY!!![/quote]Right, see you in the pub at 5pm on Monday then. The Kid''s will be ok at......

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]5-0 Reading.

Its going to be a humiliating Rout if last weeks game is anything to go by !

OTBC
[/quote]

You can''t honestly believe we''ll lose 0-5?

Why do people think that JC will deliver the goals, when he hasn''t all season? It has to be Cody, he has looked exciting every time.

Marsh

Semmy Doc Shacks Berty

Gow Rusty Clingfilm Carney

Cody Mc, Lee.

Carney could be swapped for Berty and Drury for Berty.

You mean like we did at Fulham, no of course it could not happen....[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]5-0 Reading.Its going to be a humiliating Rout if last weeks game is anything to go by !OTBC[/quote]

You can''t honestly believe we''ll lose 0-5?

[/quote]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Do you mean ''not passing'' CA, because I don''t understand that sentence otherwise?

My team would be: Marshall, Semmy, Bertrand, Doc, Shackell, Croft, Klingon, Pattison, Lappin, Lee, Gow.

I think it will be same as above (back five picks itself) but Gow on the left wing, Rusty in the centre and I do think McDonald up front. He''s one of the few substitutions Brap puts on.

On another note, I do quite like Shyster''s team and formation. Lots of bite and good in the attack.

[quote user="cityangel"]

I''ve gone for Jamie upfront  with Lee because Mooney is unavailable and Gow didn''t impress me against Ipswich

[/quote]I''d rather start with 10 men than with Cureton up front.

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Do you mean ''not passing'' CA, because I don''t understand that sentence otherwise?

My team would be: Marshall, Semmy, Bertrand, Doc, Shackell, Croft, Klingon, Pattison, Lappin, Lee, Gow.

I think it will be same as above (back five picks itself) but Gow on the left wing, Rusty in the centre and I do think McDonald up front. He''s one of the few substitutions Brap puts on.

On another note, I do quite like Shyster''s team and formation. Lots of bite and good in the attack.

[/quote]

Yes I meant ''''not passing''''  [:)]

Guess I''m outvoted with Jamie but guess he''ll start with Gow upfront anyway.

[quote user="cityangel"]

I''ve gone for Jamie upfront

[/quote]

Why go for Jamie upfront if you don''t even fancy him to score?

If he doesn''t score what else is he going to do? His finest impression of a statue?

Looks like Croft isnt going to make it so Carney and Gow on the wings or Carney and Lappin or Carney and Bertrand and Drury at left back??

I''m hoping Cody and Lee start upfront, although Gow is much better up front than on the left so i feel we''ve got good choices in who starts up front.

I''d rather have seen Lappin and Crofty out wide but we''ll have to wait and see on his fitness.

One thing is absolutely certain from today''s results, and that is that we now have to win one of our last two games or we are gonners: before today, 2 draws could have been enough had Barnsley lost both.

Bearing this in mind, I can''t fathom why we''d start with Cureton on Monday if Cody is fit.  Cody has been in the squad for weeks now and has looked good when he''s come on, whereas Cureton hasn''t come close to playing so I can think of no reason at all why Cureton should jump straight into the starting XI.  Perhaps a spot on the bench, but even that would not be certain.