Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Creative contracts!

What with clubs coming up with ever more creative loans, re-loans, buy-to-loan etc how about we get Huckerby on a contract that allows him to leave if we don''t get promoted but to stay and get a fat pay rise if we do. That way we could put him on reduced wages just for the rest of this season which he may put up with.
I''m not surprised he''s p****d off with his agent for saying all that stuff. I think anyone would be. And if Hucks is genuine about what he has been saying there''s no reason to assume a contract like suggested wouldn''t be possible.
I never understood why clubs couldn''t come up with contracts whereby if they got relegated the players would have to take a pay cut. Or leave. If they''d done that none of the nonsense with bradford, derby, binmen etc would have happened. It''s simple maths. Just how did the conversations go in the boardrooms?!
"our wage bill is 5 mil, our income is 10 mil. If we get relegeated it becomes 1 mil. Oh well, lets just hope we don''t get relegated!" Never fails to amaze me!

I think thats what there is a city.

If we get promoted the players get a 50% pay rise. If they then go down again the wages reduce back down to a similar level to what they were before.

I think that is what the baggies have done!!