Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

What reaction would there be if we lost tonight?

Any thoughts on the crowd reaction if we did lose? Does anyone seriously think there would be protests or more "Delias Barmy Army" chants?

I honestly think we will comfortably win, but wonder what would happen given the worse case scenario?

Please please please NO singing in support of Delia, sing for the team 100% but not those th\at put us in this mess.

I think a win tonight will see us safe as I cant see Barnsley getting anything at Plymouth.

What will happen,Nothing!! To many fans are happy with the Cook and her band of yes men, funny thing is i have a starnge feeling we might just sneak it tonight BUT every time i''ve said that we lose,so i''m going for 3-0 Reading ; )

[quote user="Arthurs Armchair Army"]

Any thoughts on the crowd reaction if we did lose? Does anyone seriously think there would be protests or more "Delias Barmy Army" chants?

I honestly think we will comfortably win, but wonder what would happen given the worse case scenario?

Please please please NO singing in support of Delia, sing for the team 100% but not those th\at put us in this mess.

I think a win tonight will see us safe as I cant see Barnsley getting anything at Plymouth.

[/quote]

I think its really difficult to know Arthur. On the one hand we certainly don''t have the same sort of universal hated of Delia that there was for Chase by the end, despite what a casual scan of this forum would suggest. I think that the majority want her out but recognise that there has to be a viable alternative in the current climate.

Set against that is the fact that we are teetering on the edge of the drop to a level that we haven''t plumbed for nearly 50 years. If that drop becomes reality, and if its presaged by a poor peroformance tonight then it could generate some pretty heated responses. The thing is with crowds that people feed off each other, so if a reasonably sized group get a protest going then it might catch hold, but I personally doubt it, TBH.

[/quote]

Arthur (nice name by the way), as a kid I remember my nan watching the westling from her armchair on a Saturday afternoon. She would be supporting whatever nice clean-cut mummy''s boy wrestler was fighting Mick McManus. This wrestler would always proceed to get horribly beaten by malicious Mick, often by foul means. He would then make a brief rally to get my nan on the edge of her seat before the "dirty beggar" finished him off. My grandad would look on, unmoved by the whole charade, waiting to check his football coupon.

I suggest, if we lose, you will react like my nan[;)]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

I think its really difficult to know Arthur. On the one hand we certainly don''t have the same sort of universal hated of Delia that there was for Chase by the end, despite what a casual scan of this forum would suggest. I think that the majority want her out but recognise that there has to be a viable alternative in the current climate.

Set against that is the fact that we are teetering on the edge of the drop to a level that we haven''t plumbed for nearly 50 years. If that drop becomes reality, and if its presaged by a poor peroformance tonight then it could generate some pretty heated responses. The thing is with crowds that people feed off each other, so if a reasonably sized group get a protest going then it might catch hold, but I personally doubt it, TBH.

[/quote]

Now, in all seriousness, I agree totally with this post.

[/quote]

A big fat I told you so to all those fans that seem to want to support a rather pathetic manager in Gunn

I''m not sure they''ll be much of a reaction. But I can see the stadium emptying pretty quickly.

[quote user="Have Heart"][quote user="Arthurs Armchair Army"]

[/quote]

A big fat I told you so to all those fans that seem to want to support a rather pathetic manager in Gunn

[/quote]

Indeed. But what would your case be if we won? I suspect you would be singing his praises.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Arthurs Armchair Army"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Agree with this completely mate, I honestly think if a large enough group make themselves heard Delia could be in for a rough ride tonight.  If all else fails, then I intend to sit in my seat and cry in order to get featured on Sky Sports [;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Arthurs Armchair Army"]

[/quote]

Arthur (nice name by the way), as a kid I remember my nan watching the westling from her armchair on a Saturday afternoon. She would be supporting whatever nice clean-cut mummy''s boy wrestler was fighting Mick McManus. This wrestler would always proceed to get horribly beaten by malicious Mick, often by foul means. He would then make a brief rally to get my nan on the edge of her seat before the "dirty beggar" finished him off. My grandad would look on, unmoved by the whole charade, waiting to check his football coupon.

[/quote]

Actually Nutty, ive been feeling ok lately so im going tonight. Doris has even given me the nod for a swift half[B]

[quote user="Arthurs Armchair Army"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Arthurs Armchair Army"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Actually Nutty, ive been feeling ok lately so im going tonight. Doris has even given me the nod for a swift half[B]

[/quote]

Good news mate[Y][B]

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"][quote user="Have Heart"][quote user="Arthurs Armchair Army"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Indeed. But what would your case be if we won? I suspect you would be singing his praises.

[/quote]

No not at all, if we win great... but still want to see gunn go at the end of the season he has done nothing worth praising .

one presume the reaction would depend on the manner of the defeat

i know you havnt played well lately and your upset

but you play best your ability and so do reading the chances are they will least pick up 1pt, if they get all 3pts and you play well for 90minutes you sometimes just have to put your hands up and say "better side won" as hard as it maybe - and you''ll prob think "why the hell havn''t we played like that"

if you lose and your play crap - then i should think the mood will turn ugly

Any thoughts on the crowd reaction if we did lose? Does anyone seriously think there would be protests or more "Delias Barmy Army" chants? [/quote]

I think other than boos there''d be nothing.

[quote user="Have Heart"][quote user="Arthurs Armchair Army"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Wow I wish I had your vision and fortune telling abilities, i''d be a millionaire by now [:$]

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Arthurs Armchair Army"]

Any thoughts on the crowd reaction if we did lose? Does anyone seriously think there would be protests or more "Delias Barmy Army" chants? [/quote]

I think other than boos there''d be nothing.

[/quote]

I think you might underestimate the feelings of some fans, that''s the thing about these kinds of matches you can never gauge what the fans will do.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Have Heart"][quote user="Arthurs Armchair Army"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Wow I wish I had your vision and fortune telling abilities, i''d be a millionaire by now [:$]

[/quote]

Haha just an opinion, although I would rather be sat with a beer, with the biggest grin across my face as the full time whistle blows knowing we have picked up 3 points

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Have Heart"][quote user="Arthurs Armchair Army"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Haha just an opinion, although I would rather be sat with a beer, with the biggest grin across my face as the full time whistle blows knowing we have picked up 3 points

[quote user="Beauseant"]

If that drop becomes reality, and if its presaged by a poor peroformance tonight then it could generate some pretty heated responses.

[/quote]Yes - a few tuts, the odd hushed criticism outside Yellows, and a quiter-than-usual stroll to the Coach & Horses.Passion indeed.

I disagree with the majority on this thread so far. I think if we lose it will turn ugly to be honest & there will be protests on Carrow Road after the game.

[quote user="Iwan is God"]I disagree with the majority on this thread so far. I think if we lose it will turn ugly to be honest & there will be protests on Carrow Road after the game.[/quote]

No chance and deep down everybody knows it. The fans will applaud the players and the boards ''effort'', give evils and round on anyone who decides to boo or voice discontent to ''our delia'', then quietly skulk home, have a cup of cocoa and off to bed ready for work in the morning.

The EDP will be full of players saying that they know that they must do better at Charlton etc etc etc etc etc etc.

But surprisingly there will be nothing from Delia............................................

None most probably... Norwich fans are pathetic and any action should of been taken a long time ago.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Arthurs Armchair Army"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Agree with this completely mate, I honestly think if a large enough group make themselves heard Delia could be in for a rough ride tonight.  If all else fails, then I intend to sit in my seat and cry in order to get featured on Sky Sports [;)]
[/quote]

if we go behind quickly and drop heads could be a horrid night. if we battle hard and win everyone will walk away happy. we will know at 10pm!! i personally think we may win either 1-0 or 2-0 but we will see....

Probably a standing ovation same as at Craven Cottage.What a message that sent out to the board and our brave boys (allowing of course, for their trauma of seeing Steve Foley having a turn...) Clappy clappy clappy...

Thats why we are where we are, looking at the reaction that we have just seen after losing and just about been relegated and people have just walked out of the ground with just a  few boos. Thats sums up this bloody club!!

RIP Norwich City....obscurity for a very long time. Well done Barnsley,Forest and Plymouth you showed a fight that has been long gone under Delia''s regime. Good old Little Norwich!!