Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

gunn wants to stay on next season

what ever the situation , he wants the job .

would you give him a go ? , yet i think that decision has been made along time before the season finishes .

[quote user="singing canary"]

would you give him a go ? , yet i think that decision has been made along time before the season finishes .

[/quote]

What gives you the impression that he wants to stay on? And even if he does, why do you think that decsion has been made already?

You''ve just posted two lines of fantasy that you believe to be true.

[/quote]

[IMG]http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l367/robinsainty/aaaa.jpg[/IMG]

[/quote]

Predictable and no! we must not reward failure.............but we will![:@]

I have my reservations and I don''t think it''s certain he will stay. I think if we''re relegated, I think the board could well look elsewhere.

Of course he does. The money he''s raking in as manager must be considerably more than he has ever made at the club in his manifold previous roles. Only a moron would pass up the opportunity to manage a football club.

Yep, you can blame our current problems on Bryan Gunn.  Oh and Glenn Roeder.  And Peter Grant.  And Nigel Worthington, Bryan Hamilton, Mike Walker (the secondtime).  I dont think it has anything to do with our board (Chase included) continually selling our best players (premiership quaity) and replacing them with cut price alternatives (championship/league 1 quality), whilst investing the money into off field interests.  Nor has it anything to do with having a team comprised of loan players.  No, it''s definately Bryan Gunns fault, and he should be sacked immediately.  The sooner we find "THAT" manager, who comes in and casts a magical spell over the current squad and transforms them into top of the championship/premiership standard players the better............................

[quote user="singing canary"]he was interviewed this morning , i have just read it on news now .[/quote]

Interviewed for what? The job he already has? [:^)]

FFS, this is the last thing we need. Just Gunn saying "I want the job on a full-time basis next season" will be more than enough for our pathetic, gutless, clueless board, so that they can avoid making anything even close to a decision. Like Wiz says, we will just be rewarding failure - if we stay up, why give the job to the man who almost relegated us and got us into the bottom 3? He is the worst managerial appointment in our history and we must look elsewhere.

i certainly dont think hes the worst , i think the board have made poor choices with roeder and grant , one a faliure at previous clubs , the other unproven .

given time i think gunn would be good , yet i feel the damage was done , he has had his hands tied , yet give us a fighting chance with the front players he brought in ,

the loan players killed us , and bad decisions on who we have sold on or let go ., and who we should have brought in when had the chance .

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]FFS, this is the last thing we need. Just Gunn saying "I want the job on a full-time basis next season" will be more than enough for our pathetic, gutless, clueless board, so that they can avoid making anything even close to a decision. Like Wiz says, we will just be rewarding failure - if we stay up, why give the job to the man who almost relegated us and got us into the bottom 3? He is the worst managerial appointment in our history and we must look elsewhere.[/quote]Anybody that cites Wizard as somone to support his case is either being ironic or really is rather desperate!

do you think anyone else norwich would or could have brought in had any other options ? a couple of loan players  and to try and get results out of a team of players we dont own ?

you would be asking a small miracle from god to pull that on off ,im not defending gunn , im saying he had no money , apart from 25 k to bring in anyone , hardly fair to judge his signings when he hasnt made any apart from one perminent player .

I think we should get an outside manager, keep Gunn as Coach or assistant, and get Dion or Boothrooyd in (prefrably Boothrooyd)

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I think we should get an outside manager, keep Gunn as Coach or assistant, and get Dion or Boothrooyd in (prefrably Boothrooyd)
[/quote]

May i ask why? Gunn is not a coach, let alone a manager. This is a man who left the game of football after he retired as a player, to move into the commerical side of the business, something he is more than able and quite good at. He was out of touch with the game and less than 2 years after being appointed as club liason, the man is now our manager. Don''t you see something wrong here?!

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]FFS, this is the last thing we need. Just Gunn saying "I want the job on a full-time basis next season" will be more than enough for our pathetic, gutless, clueless board, so that they can avoid making anything even close to a decision. Like Wiz says, we will just be rewarding failure - if we stay up, why give the job to the man who almost relegated us and got us into the bottom 3? He is the worst managerial appointment in our history and we must look elsewhere.[/quote]

Anybody that cites Wizard as somone to support his case is either being ironic or really is rather desperate!
[/quote]

Unlike desperate Norwich appointing someone without a clue as manager then?

What amazes me is that there were so many people who assumed he''d just step down at the end of the season and let Crook or Butterworth take the reigns. Why? This is a job that he''s supposedly be after for years, and we know that the board don''t like making tough decisions so they''re hardly going to push him out.

He''s got this job in the bag, and he knows it. He was talking about preseason the other week so clearly he thinks he''ll still be there.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I think we should get an outside manager, keep Gunn as Coach or assistant, and get Dion or Boothrooyd in (prefrably Boothrooyd)[/quote]

May i ask why? Gunn is not a coach, let alone a manager. This is a man who left the game of football after he retired as a player, to move into the commerical side of the business, something he is more than able and quite good at. He was out of touch with the game and less than 2 years after being appointed as club liason, the man is now our manager. Don''t you see something wrong here?!

[/quote]well sack him then, i dont care, i just thought especially if we stay up it would be nice for him to be involved, and since he dosnt seem to scout very well etheir....

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I think we should get an outside manager, keep Gunn as Coach or assistant, and get Dion or Boothrooyd in (prefrably Boothrooyd)[/quote]

[/quote]well sack him then, i dont care, i just thought especially if we stay up it would be nice for him to be involved, and since he dosnt seem to scout very well etheir....[/quote]

Being ''nice'' is what has got us into so much trouble in the past. Do you think Ipswich with their new CEO have any plans to be ''nice'' with their recruitment policy?

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]FFS, this is the last thing we need. Just Gunn saying "I want the job on a full-time basis next season" will be more than enough for our pathetic, gutless, clueless board, so that they can avoid making anything even close to a decision. Like Wiz says, we will just be rewarding failure - if we stay up, why give the job to the man who almost relegated us and got us into the bottom 3? He is the worst managerial appointment in our history and we must look elsewhere.[/quote]Anybody that cites Wizard as somone to support his case is either being ironic or really is rather desperate! [/quote]

Unlike desperate Norwich appointing someone without a clue as manager then?

[/quote]Sorry - I apologise - Wizard is a balanced, thoughtful and insightful poster, with clarity of vision and consistency of purpose. It takes someone of your intelligence to recognise this.