Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

MATCH THREAD - Norwich City v Reading

I know I promised I wouldnt post if wolves got an equaliser v the tykes but I''ve already broken that so here I go....

I just cannot see the boys NOT performing tonight- they are professional footballers on the sky camers and will be playing in front of 25,000 people.

I have been so nervous today- this match has been on my mind all day.  After working out all the possible scenarios r.e staying up or going down I have come to the conclusion that tonight is MUST win.

The team that I would pick :

Marshall

J.O G.D, Shx, Plastic

Gow Clingan Russell Carney

Lee Cody Mac

The fans will be on song tonight- of that I have no doubt and I get the feeling we''ll put on a show in front of the sky cameras. We have scored 2 goals in the matches on sky this season (have I forgotten anyone apart from scum home, forest away?)so I predict:

Norwich City 2

Reading 0

But manager Bryan Gunn says the 25,000 Canaries fans who are expected

to rock Carrow Road to its foundations may have to temper their

feelings with patience - and wait and see which Norwich City team turns

up.Great even our so called manager is not sure the team are going to turn up tonight.

Despite our poor performances on SKY, I actually think we will win tonight, but lose against Charlton. Whatever the final outcome, things will have to change.

It should also be remembered that many of the players are in the shop window for next season, which begs the question who are they really playing for? Themselves over the club certainly, but the club will actually benefit from this - for this game at least...

[quote user="AndyJR"]Is it time to start drinking yet?

[/quote]

Yes, then at least you''ll have an excuse for feeling sick [:D]

Oh dear, I remember so many poor performances on Sky that it is almost expected from my point of view![quote user="CT "]

I know I promised I wouldnt post if wolves got an equaliser v the tykes but I''ve already broken that so here I go....

I just cannot see the boys NOT performing tonight- they are professional footballers on the sky camers and will be playing in front of 25,000 people.

I have been so nervous today- this match has been on my mind all day.  After working out all the possible scenarios r.e staying up or going down I have come to the conclusion that tonight is MUST win.

The team that I would pick :

Marshall

J.O G.D, Shx, Plastic

Gow Clingan Russell Carney

Lee Cody Mac

The fans will be on song tonight- of that I have no doubt and I get the feeling we''ll put on a show in front of the sky cameras. We have scored 2 goals in the matches on sky this season (have I forgotten anyone apart from scum home, forest away?)so I predict:

Norwich City 2

Reading 0

[/quote]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "] patience -[/quote]Stuff that - go for the throat. Attack attack attack. Shoot shoot shoot shoot shootWish i could be there but will be watching from afar on Star Sports at Midnight - COME ON CITY

CMON YOU YELLOWS

CMON YOU YELLOWS

CMON YOU YELLOWS

CMON YOU YELLOWS

CMON YOU YELLOWS

5 is my lucky number  [:)] Off to the game now, fingers crossed that we play well and get 3 points.

Thanks for opening thread.I will only stay with you until the team is announced. Out here,we have a crappy volley-ball match live, theCanary game comes on at 9.30 your time, a bit of a quandry,so have decided to watch late "live" guess I will be cheering/swearing when you are leaving ground,kicking the cat,kissing the neighbour,whatever...Have a great night all of you..3 points please

I''d like to see Gow start up front tonight. When he is playing well and linking up the midfield with the strikers we are a different team.Lee or Mooney to partner him depending on how much long stuff Gunn wishes to play tonight (hopefully not much as Reading are capable of keeping possession for long periods).

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]I''d like to see Gow start up front tonight. When he is playing well and linking up the midfield with the strikers we are a different team.

Lee or Mooney to partner him depending on how much long stuff Gunn wishes to play tonight (hopefully not much as Reading are capable of keeping possession for long periods).
[/quote]  Mooney can''t play against Reading

[quote user="AndyJR"]Is it time to start drinking yet?[/quote]I''m only going to start drinking when we score. First time I''ve hoped for a hangover..

Croft is player of the season, Christ what has this club come to? What game do people watch? A winger that huffs and Puffs but cant pass or cross, thus producing no end product. Laughable! [:$]This just confirms we accept failure even more!!!!

Should have been Clingan though to be honest none of them really deserve it!

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]Croft is player of the season, Christ what has this club come to? What game do people watch? A winger that huffs and Puffs but cant pass or cross, thus producing no end product. Laughable! [:$]This just confirms we accept failure even more!!!![/quote]Have to agree 100%. Wingers catch the eye but how good is a winger who cannot cross?

Teams:

Norwich:

Marshall,

Otsemobor,

Shackell,

Doherty,

Bertrand,

Gow,

Clingan,

Russell,

Carney,

Lee,

McDonald.

Subs: Nelson, Cureton, Lappin, Leijer, Daley.

Reading:

Hahnemann,

Rosenior,

Bikey,

Duberry,

Harding,

Cisse,

Karacan,

Kebe,

Little,

Kitson,

Long.

Subs: Federici, Matejovsky, Doyle, Stephen Hunt, Pearce.

Nice to know im not the only one, although my Reading supporting mate is cheering us on tonight too [:)]

fellow-yellow green canaries from greece are watching. fingers crossed we will make it