Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

Will Cullum step forward if we go down?

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Cullum didnt become a billioanire by being stupid and has been reported on here and in the papers in the last few weeks Towergate have done very well financially.. meaning Cullum will have more personal wealth to play with.

the old car analogy is spot on....

Delia will get what the club is worth in league 1 and will be forced to accept it.. either that or she will go to Cullum cap in hand and swallowing her pride....

jas :)

[/quote]

No, as I said above, her first option is to cut expenditure to the bone. She cannot be forced to accept any offer so long as NCFC can service the debt.

[/quote]

I wonder if the recent 2 million quid from Delia and Mick was just utilised to service the debt and keep the bailiff bully-boys from the gates of Carra?

Maybe another reason the Turner Two departed is because they would rather not chip in to service the debt - but preferred to put it towards to the ''core'' product that is the team?.....  

This is of course the sensible reality, and to those who say "he should buy now" etc - please wake up :-)[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]

[quote user="Croft Has Fcuked Up A Cross Again"]He said he wouldn''t let Norwich rot, and what are we doing now? Rotting! If he buys us on the cheap just because we''re in League One, it proves he''s in it for his own interests only IMO. Not that I want the current board, I''d just like to see someone else take over.[/quote]

I hate to use the old car analogy again but I''m going to anyway. I''m looking to buy a new car but the seller has it listed too high. So instead of buying the car anyway "because I love it" I''ll play the waiting game and slowly watch the price drop down and down as the seller becomes more and more desperate to get rid. Eventually it reaches a bargain price and I make my move. Nothing wrong with that.

Question my credentials as a Norwich fan if you like but I''d do exactly the same as Cullum (if he is looking to buy us which I doubt anyway)

[/quote]

How is now as good a time as any????Sell now and he pays for a Champioship club worth an alleged 56 million, wait untilk we go down, and the fans are trying to rip the boards throats out, and then offer half that....Thats why he is rich and you are not.[quote user="singing canary"]im sure now would be a good time if any , if he wanted to become  local hero ,sadly i think he would have done something by now .[/quote]

Spot on pastry!!! Some people are so far up Delias arse they cant see it...and Cullum will always be there pantomime villan as he dared to talk about an offer he made to Delia in the press. For those that think Cullum was in the wrong what do you think of the fact that Delia denied on radio that anyone had shown an intrest in the club?

There is a very real and very terrifying prospect that even if we go down, nothing will change at the top. I am not sure if they can drag this club any lower but I for one dread watching them try!

[quote user="Pastry"]How is now as good a time as any????Sell now and he pays for a Champioship club worth an alleged 56 million, wait untilk we go down, and the fans are trying to rip the boards throats out, and then offer half that....Thats why he is rich and you are not.[quote user="singing canary"]im sure now would be a good time if any , if he wanted to become  local hero ,sadly i think he would have done something by now .[/quote][/quote](Sigh) Cullum needed to find £40m to do what he apparently wanted to do, even if he got the shates gratis.Do you seriously think the fans will be "trying to rip the Board''s throat out"? I doubt if you''ll even see Chase style protests. The fan base is different. Football''s different.I feel an era of austerity coming in .......

Given that one of the stock responses to posts advocating pressure be brought to bear on Delia to leave is often along the lines of  "But we might get a really dodgy owner replacing her", i think, faced with the prospect of our current owners keeping the club on "life support" just to protect their investment, we may have got the dodgy owners we`ve been warned about.....

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Cullum didnt become a billioanire by being stupid and has been reported on here and in the papers in the last few weeks Towergate have done very well financially.. meaning Cullum will have more personal wealth to play with.

the old car analogy is spot on....

Delia will get what the club is worth in league 1 and will be forced to accept it.. either that or she will go to Cullum cap in hand and swallowing her pride....

jas :)

[/quote]

Sorry but Towergate have not done "very well financially". You really must understand the diference between income and profit. Any one that owes £450 million and have just re worked their debt because of breaking banking covenants has not "done very well financially". Sorry to be precise. And frankly PC''s "personal wealth" is in no way affected by these figures. He will increase his wealth substantially only if Towergate is floated. Some way off at the moment.

Well it would appear the unthinkable has all but happened. Releagtion to League One will no doubt be confirmed come 4pm this Sunday evening. Ive spent the whole season preparing for this fate so I personally am not too upset. The big question now is where do we go from here? Well where do we begin?

To begin with we must examine the financial implications that would accompany the drop. The better players will depart, some for money some for free. Our club will be stripped to the bare bones as high flying Championship or even Premiership clubs swoop down savage our club like the carcass of a dead animal, offering money way short of the true valuation, which the club will have little choice but to accept.

My best guess would probably go down these lines. Clingan (£600k) Marshall (£600k) Pattison (£300k) Hoolahan (£500k) Stefanovic (£350k – there is no way we could afford his wages) Fotheringham (free) Croft (free). Sadly most of our more inept inexperienced players will fail to attract such attention and will no doubt remain on the books. Oh and anyone expecting to see this money reinvested in the team can forget it. This money won’t even come close to plugging the holes that will no doubt appear due to the loss in revenue. True, the wage bill will be greatly reduced as a result of this exodus and remaining players will no doubt deservedly see a reduction in their wages. But let’s not get too excited, any players that are bought in will be paid a similar weight in peanuts as every other monkey at the club. There will be no high earners in League One.

I would imagine that the raping of our club will be over within weeks of the transfer window opening. This will leave us with a squad that holds very little in depth and even less in value. Even by League One standards it will look lightweight. 10 of the 17 players who will remain will be products of the youth setup. Expecting these guys to make the leap to first team reckoning would be stupidity of the highest order regardless of the drop down in league status. But let’s face facts – the combined IQ of our boardroom equates to that of a glass of water. We will inevitably go with what we’ve got – Youth and loans. Yes - no doubt the reliance on loans will remain and be prevalent for some time to come under the current boardroom. They simply don’t invest in our own players anymore and there is no doubt in my mind that they will continue to attract as many loans as the loan policies allow them…. Christ we would probably consist of nothing but loans if it meant freeing up a couple of grand.

My point is this: We are ever so slightly in the brown stuff. We need a full compliment of players we can call our own next season and only investment will finance this. No more loans, it is them who have got us to where we are. No more throwing away money on loan fees. No more appointing the clubs jester as manager. No more faith in the legends crap. We need to hollow the club to the core out and start again. Beginning with the legends. We need someone with experience. Ideally Robins. Bloody hell, lets get Worthington back infact!

We are a massive club. We own a Premier League ground. We have absolutly massive support. We have the potential to be great again.  We need to ensure things are done properly next season. And most importantly, we have to ensure Peter Cullum joins the boardroom.

PETER CULLUM: PLEASE SAVE US

Update: I have emailed Peter and asked for his take on some the issued raised.

If I get a response I will paraphrase what he said. MY gut reaction based of previous emails with Cullum is Delia won''t sell.

My personal opinion is that Cullum made his interest known, and before he even got a chance to examine the affairs and make an offer the board came out with their ridiculous £56million evaluation, and Cullum simply walked away. Delia doesnt want to sell, everything so far points to her willingness to accept investment ONLY. Things need to get a lot worse, the the fans need to start taking responsibility and protest against the board, to create an atmosphere so uncomfortable that the board go begging back to Cullum. The onyl thing the cook cares about more than her money is her personal image, the mere thought of that being tarnished will force her out.