Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

Will Cullum step forward if we go down?

In November 08 Peter Cullum stated that he would invest in the club if we were on the financial brink. Relegation would surely put us on the financial brink? I know that Mumby always delivers "the club is stable" blahblahblah when times are tough but relegation would surely change all that? It would only take a small amount of investment to gain promotion from Leauge 1 (imo). Relegation could be the best thing that ever happened to this club.

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"]

In November 08 Peter Cullum stated that he would invest in the club if we were on the financial brink. Relegation would surely put us on the financial brink? I know that Mumby always delivers "the club is stable" blahblahblah when times are tough but relegation would surely change all that? It would only take a small amount of investment to gain promotion from Leauge 1 (imo). Relegation could be the best thing that ever happened to this club.

[/quote]

Nobody knows for sure what will happen in the future. So we will have to wait and see...

I reckon he will have to, mabey not by himself, mabey some sort of consortium, was it Foulger was rumoured to be doing that as well, it could even involve Delia, if she really feels she has to be involbed with the club

He said he wouldn''t let Norwich rot, and what are we doing now? Rotting!

If he buys us on the cheap just because we''re in League One, it proves he''s in it for his own interests only IMO. Not that I want the current board, I''d just like to see someone else take over.

[quote user="Croft Has Fcuked Up A Cross Again"]He said he wouldn''t let Norwich rot, and what are we doing now? Rotting! If he buys us on the cheap just because we''re in League One, it proves he''s in it for his own interests only IMO. Not that I want the current board, I''d just like to see someone else take over.[/quote]

I hate to use the old car analogy again but I''m going to anyway. I''m looking to buy a new car but the seller has it listed too high. So instead of buying the car anyway "because I love it" I''ll play the waiting game and slowly watch the price drop down and down as the seller becomes more and more desperate to get rid. Eventually it reaches a bargain price and I make my move. Nothing wrong with that.

Question my credentials as a Norwich fan if you like but I''d do exactly the same as Cullum (if he is looking to buy us which I doubt anyway)

[quote user="Croft Has Fcuked Up A Cross Again"]He said he wouldn''t let Norwich rot, and what are we doing now? Rotting! If he buys us on the cheap just because we''re in League One, it proves he''s in it for his own interests only IMO. Not that I want the current board, I''d just like to see someone else take over.[/quote]

To be fair, he said that before the biggest economic meltdown since the 1920s. Things have changed sadly.

And Delia, said this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4MjxRKhYCk

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]

I hate to use the old car analogy again but I''m going to anyway. I''m looking to buy a new car but the seller has it listed too high. So instead of buying the car anyway "because I love it" I''ll play the waiting game and slowly watch the price drop down and down as the seller becomes more and more desperate to get rid. Eventually it reaches a bargain price and I make my move. Nothing wrong with that.

Question my credentials as a Norwich fan if you like but I''d do exactly the same as Cullum (if he is looking to buy us which I doubt anyway)

[/quote]The problem with the old car anaology is that they are only going to go down in value. It''s more like a share - it can go up and down. If the owner thinks it will go up, s/he would be foolish to sell at the bottom of the the market. If however, the owner thinks it will go back up it would be wiser to hold on.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

And Delia, said this:

[/quote]I got 14 seconds into it and wanted to cause harm to my computer just hearing the bleeding cook.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

And Delia, said this:

[/quote]

I got 14 seconds into it and wanted to cause harm to my computer just hearing the bleeding cook.
[/quote]

lol that''s why I can''t watch it anymore

Mr C said at the time that he would "not stand by" if the club were threatened with administration or (by implication) bankruptcy.   I don''t personally think Norwich are in that situation even if  you were unfortunate enough to be relegated.

[quote user="Badger"]The problem with the old car anaology is that they are only going to go down in value. It''s more like a share - it can go up and down. If the owner thinks it will go up, s/he would be foolish to sell at the bottom of the the market. If however, the owner thinks it will go back up it would be wiser to hold on. [/quote]Love the erm analogy ''it''s more like a share'' well actually it''s exactly like several hundred thousand shares because that''s what ownership of the club entails, owning several hundred shares.Still.If Delia thinks the share value is going to somehow magically rise then either she''s madder than the maddest mad hatter at the mad hatters award ceremony for mad hatter of the year, or she is banking on finding oil in the redundant land we own, she''s got planning permission for a ''Wensum water'' bottling plant or whilst cheating at cooking she discovered the secret of alchemy and can make genuine £50 notes from filo pastry, because I fail to understand how anyone cannot see the Clubs stock is falling dramatically and has been for some time.

He can keep his money!.

We need someone with the long term interests of the club and its supporters upermost in their minds not someone who wants things on the cheap.

Dont get me wrong - id love to see illions spent on the tem but not t the expense of the great things that this club has.

[quote user="Disturbed"]

not t the expense of the great things that this club has.

[/quote]Care to name say just three great things this club has at the moment?I''ll make it easy and give you a starter.1) A tremendous fanbase.just 2 to go.

The situation is actually quite awful.Delia''s position is similar to that of someone in negative equity. This does not matter, so long as she can finance the debt, i.e. as long as she can keep providing £1-2m a year to keep the cluib afloat.However, with a diminishing income she will not be able to carry on. But if she sells up now, she will lose all her investment - & cannot be choosy about the buyer, who may or may not behave to the fans'' liking regarding investment etc.Her only alternative is to reduce running costs to something she can manage. A lot less than now. I should think player wages would come under intense scrutiny. Of course, these would be far less in the lower divisions .......Not good.

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="Badger"]

The problem with the old car anaology is that they are only going to go down in value. It''s more like a share - it can go up and down. If the owner thinks it will go up, s/he would be foolish to sell at the bottom of the the market.

If however, the owner thinks it will go back up it would be wiser to hold on.
[/quote]

Love the erm analogy ''it''s more like a share'' well actually it''s exactly like several hundred thousand shares because that''s what ownership of the club entails, owning several hundred shares.

Still.

If Delia thinks the share value is going to somehow magically rise then either she''s madder than the maddest mad hatter at the mad hatters award ceremony for mad hatter of the year, or she is banking on finding oil in the redundant land we own, she''s got planning permission for a ''Wensum water'' bottling plant or whilst cheating at cooking she discovered the secret of alchemy and can make genuine £50 notes from filo pastry, because I fail to understand how anyone cannot see the Clubs stock is falling dramatically and has been for some time.

[/quote]

Nothing more than an aside - and I have no idea whether cheating at cooking has helped Norwich City - but she did sell the rights for the "A Delia Cheat Recipe" flash (the technical term) to Aunt Bessie for her mash and roasties.

We only know this because we got an order to "track down Aunt Bessie."  Track her down, we did.  To Tryton Foods in downtown Hull HU4 7DY where we discovered that the dear old girl was invented by a London marketing agency (allegedly in the pub) and the only problem was the design agency with Aunt Bessie''s portrait.  They had ten goes at it.  They finally settled on the rosy cheeked old dear with her pudding bowl and spoon but, even then, there were anxious debates over whether her...err....mammaries were a little on the ample side.  In the end, a what-the-hell prevailed on the Layerthorpe Industrial Estate.

Funny old business, food. [:|]

I dont think Cullum will come in just yet he will bide his time he can see the club is slowly sinking. In times of an uncertain economy I am not certain that I would want to shovel millions into a club in decline.

On a more positive note if and when investment does come hopefully the board will be restructured and once again we can move forward.

delia will still want premiership money for this club , with no players of our own .

she doesnt want to sell more than fly , or she is too ignorant to see shes failing this club big time .

as i have said before norwich need fresh blood with someone with ambition , and a good brain .

cullum would have made this club work as he is a very bright man . and made 120 million when the world is failing .

i would like to say i really hope your right , yet is see this club continue to follow the delia smith downwards spiral trend whilst the cook still holds on to this club

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="Disturbed"]

not t the expense of the great things that this club has.

[/quote]

Care to name say just three great things this club has at the moment?

I''ll make it easy and give you a starter.

1) A tremendous fanbase.

just 2 to go.
[/quote]

Great thing(s) Disturbed ??.............I''m disturbed.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]I don''t think so. The reality is relegation wouldn''t change anything in regards to ownership.[/quote]

It''s our Delia''s club, and let''s not forget it......How much has the Board of Directorship altered over the last decade since their grasping of the reins? Bob Cooper does a bit - then stands down, Rogernator appointed Chairman, The Donkster rises from legal adviser to CE and then becomes an entrenched board member, Mr Watling sadly passes away, Bazzer Skipper stands down, The Turner Two arrive - and then go as quickly as they came.....

Carl Moore chips in with some gratefully received wonga to finance footballers....The board receive all the plaudits - but then ''come clean'' after the truth is ''outed'' and nonchalantly mention that it was a local businessman that actually allowed ''Hcuck and stuff'' to come to the club....

Wherever we are next season, Delia will still be here - with the same gang, same $h*t.......just a different season......Then what?....

More of the same....methinks.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="Badger"]

The problem with the old car anaology is that they are only going to go down in value. It''s more like a share - it can go up and down. If the owner thinks it will go up, s/he would be foolish to sell at the bottom of the the market.

If however, the owner thinks it will go back up it would be wiser to hold on.
[/quote]

Love the erm analogy ''it''s more like a share'' well actually it''s exactly like several hundred thousand shares because that''s what ownership of the club entails, owning several hundred shares.

Still.

If Delia thinks the share value is going to somehow magically rise then either she''s madder than the maddest mad hatter at the mad hatters award ceremony for mad hatter of the year, or she is banking on finding oil in the redundant land we own, she''s got planning permission for a ''Wensum water'' bottling plant or whilst cheating at cooking she discovered the secret of alchemy and can make genuine £50 notes from filo pastry, because I fail to understand how anyone cannot see the Clubs stock is falling dramatically and has been for some time.

[/quote]

We only know this because we got an order to "track down Aunt Bessie."  Track her down, we did.  To Tryton Foods in downtown Hull HU4 7DY where we discovered that the dear old girl was invented by a London marketing agency (allegedly in the pub) and the only problem was the design agency with Aunt Bessie''s portrait.  They had ten goes at it.  They finally settled on the rosy cheeked old dear with her pudding bowl and spoon but, even then, there were anxious debates over whether her...err....mammaries were a little on the ample side.  In the end, a what-the-hell prevailed on the Layerthorpe Industrial Estate.

Funny old business, food. [:|]

[/quote]

Nice to see a talented Journo used to his full potential.

[quote user="Disturbed"]

He can keep his money!.

We need someone with the long term interests of the club and its supporters upermost in their minds not someone who wants things on the cheap.

Dont get me wrong - id love to see illions spent on the tem but not t the expense of the great things that this club has.

[/quote]

Sigh.

"On the cheap". How much were Wolves and Ipswich sold for recently?

Cullum didnt become a billioanire by being stupid and has been reported on here and in the papers in the last few weeks Towergate have done very well financially.. meaning Cullum will have more personal wealth to play with.

the old car analogy is spot on....

Delia will get what the club is worth in league 1 and will be forced to accept it.. either that or she will go to Cullum cap in hand and swallowing her pride....

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Cullum didnt become a billioanire by being stupid and has been reported on here and in the papers in the last few weeks Towergate have done very well financially.. meaning Cullum will have more personal wealth to play with.

the old car analogy is spot on....

Delia will get what the club is worth in league 1 and will be forced to accept it.. either that or she will go to Cullum cap in hand and swallowing her pride....

jas :)

[/quote]No, as I said above, her first option is to cut expenditure to the bone. She cannot be forced to accept any offer so long as NCFC can service the debt.