Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Kathy NCISA on Sky Sports News....

Yeah I thought she gave a good account of herself and fellow Norwich City supporters in her gorgeous Norfolk accent, I agreed with all of what she had to say and I noticed she even managed to get a little Roy Keane digg in there too, so well done Kathy [:)]

[quote user="Arthurs Armchair Army"]

.....how cringy!!! Just confirmed the nations belief that we are all simple yokels.

Oooooooh arrrrrrrrrh

Sorry Kathy.

[/quote]

Awww I thought her Norolk accent sounded quite cute, not like the typical yokels you hear on Canry call!

[quote user="West_London_Canary"][quote user="Arthurs Armchair Army"]

.....how cringy!!! Just confirmed the nations belief that we are all simple yokels.

Oooooooh arrrrrrrrrh

Sorry Kathy.

[/quote]

Awww I thought her Norolk accent sounded quite cute, not like the typical yokels you hear on Canry call!

[/quote]

I agree, i''m only messing with her.....[;)]

[quote user="Arthurs Armchair Army"][quote user="West_London_Canary"][quote user="Arthurs Armchair Army"]

Oooooooh arrrrrrrrrh

Sorry Kathy.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I wonder if Tilly will want her to sign her autograph on something for him?

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Arthurs Armchair Army"][quote user="West_London_Canary"][quote user="Arthurs Armchair Army"]

Oooooooh arrrrrrrrrh

Sorry Kathy.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

My name''s too long for that Butler!

I am really embarrassed about this. It was a bit of a last minute thing and I was so frigging nervous. They caught me on the hop with the Roeder and Keane questions so I had to bluff my way through it (in my cute Norfolk accent!)

[quote user="Kathy"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Arthurs Armchair Army"][quote user="West_London_Canary"][quote user="Arthurs Armchair Army"]

Oooooooh arrrrrrrrrh

Sorry Kathy.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I am really embarrassed about this. It was a bit of a last minute thing and I was so frigging nervous. They caught me on the hop with the Roeder and Keane questions so I had to bluff my way through it (in my cute Norfolk accent!)

[/quote]

Well done Kathy, i thought it was good considering you hadn''t prepared it.

[quote user="Arthurs Armchair Army"][quote user="Kathy"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Arthurs Armchair Army"][quote user="West_London_Canary"][quote user="Arthurs Armchair Army"]

Oooooooh arrrrrrrrrh

Sorry Kathy.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well done Kathy, i thought it was good considering you hadn''t prepared it.

[/quote]

I am reliably informed that she is always good prepared or not[;)]

Anyone who can manage crisps for breakfast must have been hard at work!!

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Arthurs Armchair Army"][quote user="West_London_Canary"][quote user="Arthurs Armchair Army"] .....how cringy!!! Just confirmed the nations belief that we are all simple yokels.

Oooooooh arrrrrrrrrh

Sorry Kathy.[/quote]Awww I thought her Norolk accent sounded quite cute, not like the typical yokels you hear on Canry call![/quote]

I agree, i''m only messing with her.....[;)][/quote]I wonder if Tilly will want her to sign her autograph on something for him?[/quote]I think Tilly will give kathy her P45 for upstaging him! [;)]

[quote user="BarclayChuck"]Does anyone have a link to this? Would love to hear it![/quote]

NO!

[quote user="Kathy"]

[/quote]

They must be very considerate employers to give you time off for all these interviews you do?? [:)]

Would love to hear it but guess it''ll be repeated as Sky Sports News repeat everything [:D]

Well Done Kathy anyway for upstaging Mr Tilly!

I heard this - she gave little to no information of what is really going on with tired cliches and a lack of ideas. You could see the presenter thinking '' for christ''s sake say SOMETHING''. Her accent makes us look more yokel than we actually are, though it seems to be that the media will not speak to anyone from Norwich unless they have a very strong Norfolk accent.

Can you imagined being proposed by someone with an accent like THAT??? :) :)

[quote user="komakino"]I heard this - she gave little to no information of what is really going on with tired cliches and a lack of ideas. You could see the presenter thinking '' for christ''s sake say SOMETHING''. Her accent makes us look more yokel than we actually are, though it seems to be that the media will not speak to anyone from Norwich unless they have a very strong Norfolk accent. Can you imagined being proposed by someone with an accent like THAT??? :) :)[/quote]

I bet Kathy is very pleased to get your support!!

Kathy, what did you say  for those of us who havent heard it yet?

[quote user="komakino"]I heard this - she gave little to no information of what is really going on with tired cliches and a lack of ideas. You could see the presenter thinking '' for christ''s sake say SOMETHING''. Her accent makes us look more yokel than we actually are, though it seems to be that the media will not speak to anyone from Norwich unless they have a very strong Norfolk accent. Can you imagined being proposed by someone with an accent like THAT??? :) :)[/quote]

Oh for heavens sake komakino give the girl a break!

Its actually quite scary. Not a bit like doing Radio Norfolk. They dont tell you what they are going to ask - I wasnt expecting the Roeder and Keane questions. I was so scared I was going to freeze that I admit i did resort to cliches. I''m definitely not a natural but then I didnt put myself forward, they approached me.

I''m guessing that komakino has never attempted public speaking.  It can be pretty daunting, especially when you#re asked off the cuff questions.  Well done Kathy for getting through it first take.

Komakino. You fail to appreciate that Kathy, and others have at least done something and stood up and said what they think. And you? What have you done to publicise the club lately? Before you give your advice or comments so freely why not consider yourself in her position?

As for accents, what do they matter, whatever they are? It''s what is said that counts, not the accent.

Well done Kathy, whoever you are, that was very good and if you come from Norfolk you will have Norfolk accent which sounded OK to me.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"] It''s what is said that counts, not the accent.[/quote]

Wish someone would relay what she said, bet she had a go at Roeder [:)]

Whats wrong with the Norfolk accent?

There are many worse.

Being away for 30 years, I''ve lost mine .... although it creeps back when I''m drunk for some reason.

Regional identity is something to be proud of, as is coming from Norfolk.

Let''s hope we have something to be proud of tonight.

Come on it''s not as easy as it looks, when your out of your comfort zone like that while being fully aware that thousands of people will be watching it can be quite daunting to say the least. I had a brief interview with ITV angila a few years back after a derby game and I must of made a right prat of myself after getting tongue tied 2 or 3 times, also having such a strong Norfolk accent like Kathy gives you a disadvantge as people expect you to come across as thick before you even start.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Whats wrong with the Norfolk accent? There are many worse. Being away for 30 years, I''ve lost mine .... although it creeps back when I''m drunk for some reason. Regional identity is something to be proud of, as is coming from Norfolk. Let''s hope we have something to be proud of tonight.[/quote]

Funny that! I''ve done the reverse. Born and brought up in Broadstairs and now living in East Anglia. Haven''t shaken off my Thanetian dialect though!

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Theres nothing much she can do about her accent , she did make it sound like we all wanted Gunn kept on as manager though which is not entirely the case .
[/quote]

Don''t believe that because she''s clearly said in the EEN tonight that she doesn''t want him as Manager next season!!