Sign in to follow this  
ACE

Just seen the Roy Keane press conference on Sky....

Possibly the most miserable I have felt all season :-(It says everything when you see Roy Keane, love him or hate him, sitting in front of the Ipswich badge with the press clamouring round and attention from all the main TV channels.He is probably on 6 times the wage of Gunny and is inheriting a half decent squad with probably around 10-15 million to go out and spend on half more.We are sitting here in glee because Southampton might bale us out of the sh*t, while wondering how the hell we would even field a squad to play the likes of Colchester and Yeovil if we go down.How totally depressing. Someone MUST be accountable for this mess surely?

[quote user="Pastry"]Possibly the most miserable I have felt all season :-(It says everything when you see Roy Keane, love him or hate him, sitting in front of the Ipswich badge with the press clamouring round and attention from all the main TV channels.He is probably on 6 times the wage of Gunny and is inheriting a half decent squad with probably around 10-15 million to go out and spend on half more.We are sitting here in glee because Southampton might bale us out of the sh*t, while wondering how the hell we would even field a squad to play the likes of Colchester and Yeovil if we go down.How totally depressing. Someone MUST be accountable for this mess surely?[/quote]I would have been far more worried if I''d have seen Billy Davies or Warnock in that chair.  Iain Dowie even.  Why ?  Because they''ve had success on a budget at this level.

Its not about being worried, its about seeing a gulf growing between our local rivals that could take us a decade to even get close to matching again.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Pastry"]Possibly the most miserable I have felt all season :-(It says everything when you see Roy Keane, love him or hate him, sitting in front of the Ipswich badge with the press clamouring round and attention from all the main TV channels.He is probably on 6 times the wage of Gunny and is inheriting a half decent squad with probably around 10-15 million to go out and spend on half more.We are sitting here in glee because Southampton might bale us out of the sh*t, while wondering how the hell we would even field a squad to play the likes of Colchester and Yeovil if we go down.How totally depressing. Someone MUST be accountable for this mess surely?[/quote]I would have been far more worried if I''d have seen Billy Davies or Warnock in that chair.  Iain Dowie even.  Why ?  Because they''ve had success on a budget at this level.[/quote]

A cheque book manager with zero man management skills..............he wont get £70 million to play with at the scum...Marcus would never get it back.

Think you totally missed the point of what I posted!  He does not need 20 million, the scum already have a squad that is evidently capable of getting into the top 6.  Keane is a NAME, a real NAME, which despite the derogatory stuff on here, means somethin in the footballing world, especially when it comes to attracting players who would like the glory of a promotion run and then first team football in the premier league.The depressing fact is we are being shown to be totally outclassed by our local rivals, both in terms of on the pitch investment and investing in a chairman and manager with some clout outside of a ten mile radius of their ground.....[quote user="McCanary"]A cheque book manager with zero man management skills..............he wont get £70 million to play with at the scum...Marcus would never get it back.[/quote]

[quote] Its not about being worried, its about seeing a gulf growing between

our local rivals that could take us a decade to even get close to

matching again.[/quote]But if we avoid relegation, if keane pees 15 million up the wall on a 7th placed team, and it happens, look at Wolves in the past, if Evans gets fed up with it all, who will be on the right side of the gulf then ?  Wait and see...

Very true, but as I said, I posted out of the sheer depression of seeing it on the TV.[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote] Its not about being worried, its about seeing a gulf growing between

our local rivals that could take us a decade to even get close to

matching again.[/quote]But if we avoid relegation, if keane pees 15 million up the wall on a 7th placed team, and it happens, look at Wolves in the past, if Evans gets fed up with it all, who will be on the right side of the gulf then ?  Wait and see...[/quote]

[quote user="Pastry"]Think you totally missed the point of what I posted!  He does not need 20 million, the scum already have a squad that is evidently capable of getting into the top 6.  Keane is a NAME, a real NAME, which despite the derogatory stuff on here, means somethin in the footballing world, especially when it comes to attracting players who would like the glory of a promotion run and then first team football in the premier league.

The depressing fact is we are being shown to be totally outclassed by our local rivals, both in terms of on the pitch investment and investing in a chairman and manager with some clout outside of a ten mile radius of their ground.....

[quote user="McCanary"]A cheque book manager with zero man management skills..............he wont get £70 million to play with at the scum...Marcus would never get it back.[/quote][/quote]

Evidently they don`t as proven by the table..

If they do have a squad capable, then why would you need a NAME to attract any more???

[quote user="Pastry"]Think you totally missed the point of what I posted!  He does not need 20 million, the scum already have a squad that is evidently capable of getting into the top 6.  Keane is a NAME, a real NAME, which despite the derogatory stuff on here, means somethin in the footballing world, especially when it comes to attracting players who would like the glory of a promotion run and then first team football in the premier league.

The depressing fact is we are being shown to be totally outclassed by our local rivals, both in terms of on the pitch investment and investing in a chairman and manager with some clout outside of a ten mile radius of their ground.....

[quote user="McCanary"]A cheque book manager with zero man management skills..............he wont get £70 million to play with at the scum...Marcus would never get it back.[/quote][/quote]

Yes he is a name but at the moment that is all he is.  If you look across the Divisions 37 managers have been fired this season.  Every one, name or not, came in to a fanfare of expectation from message boards not unlike this one.  In the majority of cases they were described at the time as *the* appointment that would change things at their club. 

The Ipswich situation could be either a triumph or a disaster.  Once again, only time will tell.

Look at this another way - they''ve got more than double our debt, (£35 to 40M, growing at £5M per season) and probably now double our Wages. They''ll have to increase debt, unserviced, to justify this decision, and if they do get into the Premiership..guess what... Marcus will want his money back. If not thats maybe Â£50M they will owe him in 2 years time. OK there is a bit of envy in this, but look at Southampton, where the debt grew to finance failed ambitions, now they''re in the mire. Thats not my ambition for this football club. And there are more to follow, all with unmanageable debt, and I don''t want my Team to be in that pack. Perhaps a spell in the 3rd tier is a price we have to pay to get our act together.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote] Its not about being worried, its about seeing a gulf growing between our local rivals that could take us a decade to even get close to matching again.[/quote]

But if we avoid relegation, if keane pees 15 million up the wall on a 7th placed team, and it happens, look at Wolves in the past, if Evans gets fed up with it all, who will be on the right side of the gulf then ?  Wait and see...
[/quote]

IF, IF, IF

You are right. lets never change anything or consider selling to anybody or think about taking a risk with an ambitious managerial appointment just in case it all goes wrong!

The debt is not repayable until we have spent 5 years in the PL, by which time we would hav earnt roughly £300m in tv revenue alon, Marcus will make good money out of the club but at the same time we will have an established PL club with 30,000 fans attending week in week out and some good quality players, its totally win-win! A lot of you all said lets see what happens a year into Evans take over, well what has happened is he has backed Magilton in every signing he has gone after, has now installed one of the most famous men in world football as manager and will back him with whatever it takes to get promoted!

We as supporters are loving it big time, look at you and saints that is where we could have been without Sir Marcus.

[quote user="billabasblue"]

The debt is not repayable until we have spent 5 years in the PL, by which time we would hav earnt roughly £300m in tv revenue alon, Marcus will make good money out of the club but at the same time we will have an established PL club with 30,000 fans attending week in week out and some good quality players, its totally win-win! A lot of you all said lets see what happens a year into Evans take over, well what has happened is he has backed Magilton in every signing he has gone after, has now installed one of the most famous men in world football as manager and will back him with whatever it takes to get promoted!

We as supporters are loving it big time, look at you and saints that is where we could have been without Sir Marcus.

[/quote]Be careful it does''nt all blow up in your face.  He rather likes blowing things up, or rather he likes arranging meetings with people who do.  Lovely chap, you can keep him.

what goes round comes round , how much money did keane blow at sunderland , few million ,

dont rate him nether do sunderland fans ..why not ask some of them , you may change your tone and worry then !!

and you can keep Auntie Delia and her merry band of penny pinchers, we have a billionaire you have a drunken mare, end of story!!!

[/quote]

What Ipswich has is a wake of small business owners many of whom went bust as a result of doing business with ITFC. That''s a fact. What''s not a fact is what the latest decisions will yield in the future. That''s a dream. I genuinely hope it doesn''t become a nightmare for you. I would say, however, it''s got an even chance of becoming that. Instead of spending your time on this forum why don''t you spend that time visiting some of those poor Ipswich businesmen who had dealings with ITFC and ask them how they feel about your dream? Make sure when you ask your question that you''re outside of spitting distance.

money well spent this season for you lot then .. mid table and even we beat you with a load of loan players 2-0

we have our reasons for a bad season , i hope he blows a major hole in your chairmans pocket , and fail im sure he will .

[quote user="singing canary"]

what goes round comes round , how much money did keane blow at sunderland , few million ,

dont rate him nether do sunderland fans ..why not ask some of them , you may change your tone and worry then !!

[/quote]

I have read loads from Sunderland fans most of which have been very positive, most of them wouldnt say a bad word gaainst him, of course not every sunderland fan in the world will have rated him but thats the same with any manager! The interviews of sunderland fans on Sky sports were all pretty positive, iwhen they were in the ccc they were more than happy that he took them from BOTL (your territory!!!) to champions in 8 months with around £10m of funds, if he does that for us he will be a hero!  Still you keep your advertising guy Gunn in charge of your club, at least he is a really really nice man eh?

Keane is a vile, nasty piece of work and won''t do anything at Ipswich. Probably the most hated man in football? He took Sunderland up and is responsible for their relegation fight now. He spent 80 million pounds, which included the following:
  • Craig Gordon - £9m
  • Keiran Richardson - £5.5m (!!!???)
  • Andy Reid - £4m
  • Paul McShane  - £2.5m
  • Michael Chopra - £5m
  • Anton Ferdinand - £8m
  • George McCartney - £4.5m
  • Teemu Tainio - £4m
  • Steed Malbranque - £5m
  • El-Hadj Diouf - £2.5m
  • Dickson Etuhu - £1.5m
I think that list says it all...I had to laugh at Shearer''s comment on SSN, "I don''t care, I''ve got bigger things to worry about" Agreed. Sod the binners and Keane, and everything they stand for. I hope they rot.

Why would I visit them they are irrelevant to me, lifes tough, people lose there homes and buisnesses every day of the week, its sad but life goes on, we are now a well oiled, well drilled monster of a club in ccc terms who are already one of the favourites for promotion next season!

[quote user="mockystickwell"]

But when was the last time shearer got asked about your club?

How much for Clingan by the way????[:D]

[/quote] Yes and you will be all over the news and press when he fails and walks out , face it Evans is getting restless for his profit and if Keane fails which is very likely Evans will pull out and your club will be finished. A very good match though one of the scummiest human beings in football to one of the scummiest clubs in the country .

and you can keep Auntie Delia and her merry band of penny pinchers, we have a billionaire you have a drunken mare, end of story!!!

[/quote]Bet you don''t have Keane 1yr from now he''ll spit his dummy out and walk away. 

But as I have pointed out here:http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1652042/ShowPost.aspxPeople are taking into account what was spent when they went up, not before.Would we get upset if we had 70 million to spend??!![quote user="Croft Has Fcuked Up A Cross Again"]Keane is a vile, nasty piece of work and won''t do anything at Ipswich. Probably the most hated man in football? He took Sunderland up and is responsible for their relegation fight now. He spent 80 million pounds, which included the following:
  • Craig Gordon - £9m
  • Keiran Richardson - £5.5m (!!!???)
  • Andy Reid - £4m
  • Paul McShane  - £2.5m
  • Michael Chopra - £5m
  • Anton Ferdinand - £8m
  • George McCartney - £4.5m
  • Teemu Tainio - £4m
  • Steed Malbranque - £5m
  • El-Hadj Diouf - £2.5m
  • Dickson Etuhu - £1.5m
I think that list says it all...I had to laugh at Shearer''s comment on SSN, "I don''t care, I''ve got bigger things to worry about" Agreed. Sod the binners and Keane, and everything they stand for. I hope they rot. [/quote]

[quote user="Dictator Smith"][quote user="mockystickwell"]

But when was the last time shearer got asked about your club?

How much for Clingan by the way????[:D]

[/quote] Yes and you will be all over the news and press when he fails and walks out , face it Evans is getting restless for his profit and if Keane fails which is very likely Evans will pull out and your club will be finished. A very good match though one of the scummiest human beings in football to one of the scummiest clubs in the country .
[/quote]

Oh well, we can be a scummy team which is going forward, whilst norwich can be the most well liked team in the whole of league 1!

Why would I visit them they are irrelevant to me, lifes tough, people lose there homes and buisnesses every day of the week, its sad but life goes on, we are now a well oiled, well drilled monster of a club in ccc terms who are already one of the favourites for promotion next season!

[/quote]

Oh, I see. Well, your attitude to the overall community you live in seems to match the past behaviour of your club. Not one of the finer places to live in England I imagine. 

But you havent gone anywhere yet have you ? what happens if he finishes lower than 9th does he get the same knife in the back Magilton did ?

12/1 to go up 25/1 to go down , bookies not that sure of you are they . 6/5 Keane to walk before his contract expires lmao now they do seem pretty certain on that one.