Sign in to follow this  
CDMullins

Roy Keane New Scum Boss

[quote user="Herb"]Excellent.The scum finally get a manager as arrogant and deluded as their supporters. Dirty and unsportsman like as a player and a thoroughly unpleasant individual - it''s a match made in heaven for them tbh.Why some people think he''s a "name" is baffling. He was given loadsamoney at Sunderland (his first managerial post) and achieved feck all.

Spent how much on a Scottish keeper no better than Marshall - 8 million or something? How does that equate to a successful manager?He''s a tosser, now he''s at a club and town full of tossers.They deserve each other.[/quote]Spot on, scum to scum. Didn''t realise I could despise him more, but this''ll do it. He''ll fail. Those bleating in despair that he''s not here should read some of what Sunderland fans were saying about him.

Whatever happens he wont be there longer than a year or two I think. If things are not going great he will quit again and if he does well a ''bigger'' club will come along and take him off their hands.

It''s a strange appointment isn''t it King? He''s certainly not the usual type that the scum would choose. But their club has changed since they sold their soul to Marcus. Do you reckon it''s a big push to the Prem next season so Evans can cash his chips? It''s a gamble because there could be a couple of  established Prem clubs relegated to contend with.

[quote user="king canary"]She does rather have it in for you. People on this forum do hold a grudge well I find.[/quote]Yes CA''s vendetta against our resident red top hack is getting tiresome, but the lad doesn''t do himself any favours. He''s as big an attention whore as anyone at times....This could have been added to the existing Keane thread which is already running at 6 or 7 pages.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

It''s a strange appointment isn''t it King? He''s certainly not the usual type that the scum would choose. But their club has changed since they sold their soul to Marcus. Do you reckon it''s a big push to the Prem next season so Evans can cash his chips? It''s a gamble because there could be a couple of  established Prem clubs relegated to contend with.

[/quote]I think its the ''big name'' manager the fans demand and thats not unique to Ipswich. Maybe it will draw players who might not otherwise drop a division to join them. I am envious of their money no doubt, but not envious of their manager.

keano''s appointment is a very clear ''statement of intent'' by ippo''s sugar daddy,,,who after 3 seasons was peed off with his £12m investment return from jimbo mag...he''ll back keano properly to have a credible tilt at promotion - keano won''t need to scrape around with ''plan z'' targets - he''ll get his man,,,and they won''t be washed up injury prone suspects either - no keano''s ''inbetweenies'' will be the real mcoy...just like when we got hucks and crouchies here - the real deal...but fancy sacking jimbo and appointing keano now???after all - every naaarwich manager knows their moby will quiet until july - when the tranny market for the also rans and hobson choicers opens...[:''(]knocks the efforts of our sugga mumsie into a hat then...[:$]

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="king canary"]She does rather have it in for you. People on this forum do hold a grudge well I find.[/quote]Yes CA''s vendetta against our resident red top hack is getting tiresome, but the lad doesn''t do himself any favours. He''s as big an attention whore as anyone at times....This could have been added to the existing Keane thread which is already running at 6 or 7 pages.[/quote]See? Told you so. Herb, mate, with respect, don''t you think you ought to leave the moderating to moderators?

Its funny how when Keane was mentioned as a potential succesor to Glenn tosser Roeder, the vast majority on here thought it a terrible idea, but as soon as another club such as Ipswich bring him in its ambitious an smart!! People just want to whinge every single thing that arises, personally I could not give a toss, great player in his day, lost a lot of respect for the guy over the years, especially walking out on Sunderland, and he is in no way a proven manager! So I like im sure most others hope he crashes and burns!!!!! As soon as the going gets tough, Keane gets going!

taken from their message board!!!"Let''s hope this is as wrong as the Peter Reid story in 2002. Keane is

not a fit human being to manage a football club : he shuld be kept

locked up somewhere with soft cushioned walls. And Pardew?

Hahahahahahahahaha. Glenn Roeder or Graeme Souness anyone???"ouch[:S]

[quote user="Irish canary"]Its funny how when Keane was mentioned as a potential succesor to Glenn tosser Roeder, the vast majority on here thought it a terrible idea, but as soon as another club such as Ipswich bring him in its ambitious an smart!! People just want to whinge every single thing that arises, personally I could not give a toss, great player in his day, lost a lot of respect for the guy over the years, especially walking out on Sunderland, and he is in no way a proven manager! So I like im sure most others hope he crashes and burns!!!!! As soon as the going gets tough, Keane gets going![/quote]keano might not have cut it as a prem manager - but he got sunderland up first go...not bad,,,sure - there''s plenty of question marks - would love city to stay up and cane old keano''s side when they come to carra ---but the bottom line is - its a huge statement of intent by ippo - to have a proper, credible tilt at promotion to the prem,,,i don''t think i''ve seen such an effort by smith and jones in all their time here - unless you count the hamiltion ricoh ''dream team''[:$]sure - lets all have a pop at keano - but no one can deny that ippo are genuinely gunning for the prem,,,

Ha Ha Ha ha ha ha ha ...oh how I laugh

Roberto Mancini I heard too....LMAO

As Durham said on the Radio...This is Ipswich Town! Get Real!

Have not laughed so much for ages...delusions of grandeur

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

I don''t think CA likes me.

[/quote]I''d never noticed! There are loads of non NCFC stories on the main website but it is mainly yours that get the criticism from CA and gang.I shouldn''t worry, it is less of an issue now that the board is less actively moderated. In the past threads used to just disappear for little apparent reason other than CA crying "mods!".

Is everyone saying Keane is a great appointment to manage scum, agree better than some of the candiates named!!

But from what i remember when he was at Mackems, near the end of his reign he was going round the bend, started to wear the same jackets as sir Alex, spendind a hell of alot of money on crap players!!

whether it works or not it shows they have ambition.... although most Norwich fans have probably forgotten what the word means and hence let''s provide the meaning of the word:

"an earnest desire for some type of achievement or distinction, as power, honor, fame, or wealth, and the willingness to strive for its attainment"

He got Sunderland promoted. If he does that for Ipswich, thats job done. End of.As has already been pointed out on this post, when we look for a new Manager, we go through this ridiculous and long winded "interview" process, one in which names are postulated, delusions of grandeur (from within the club) and a determination to "do the right thing" comes across, we are also told that "big names", "surprising" ones have applied and that the club -according to ND on more than one occasion are "impressed" with the quality of applicants.On and on and on it goes, then, bang! Theres a Grant, theres a Roeder, theres a Gunn. But then thats how we''ve always done Managers isn''t it, it goes back a lot, lot further...We "poached", to much wailing and gnashing of teeth down on the South coast, John Bond from Bornemouth. Then we, with one exception, changed our policy wholesale...
  • Ken Brown was appointed from within.
  • Dave Stringer followed. Ditto, although, to be fair, he may (help here?) not actually have been at the club when he was appointed?
  • Mike Walker came next-another internal appointment and if we''d have had Internet message boards when he was appointed, you can imagine the furore!
"...how can half a season managing Colchester United be good enough for a club in the Premier League..."   (oh what a lovely worry to have at that time!)(We gave him another go later on, but things were never the same, never go back-although the criteria for him being sacked the second time around were surely not 100% due to the football and the results?)
  • John Deehan came after Walker, yep, more Liverpool internal continuity. Soon sacked, but, of course, now back at the club for his pension top up!
  • Martin O''Neill, lured from Wycombe, excitement all round! But we know what happened next!! Seems that, after that, the club got into a mentality of not wanting to do such dreadful things again, "...it gets your fingers burnt, this ambition thing!.."
  • Gary Megson then. Safe, known, dependable, "knows the club". Next!
  • Bruce Rioch anyone? That bordered on a vaguely ambitious appointment, after all, he''d been Arsenal Manager! But I think our Board was thinking more Millwall when they appointed him. And they didn''t trust him to do it properly, obviously, as they also appointed....
  • Bryan Hamilton, who followed him, ANOTHER "safe", internal appointment, but hey, Delia said it, "we''ve got our man". So we sat back and waited for...well, we''re still waiting, but I think we have been for quite sometime now!
  • Nigel Worthington hit the Motherlode, and that was it, we''re never going outside of the club again, it always works think they at the top....
...but there was no-one at the club when Worthy left -about a year too late-to be that internal appointment, so the next best thing was to get another ex-City player back at the helm (think Megson, think Deehan) in...
  • Peter Grant. Enough said.
When Grant didn''t cut the mustard, it was evident that, despite the internal approach being attempted -in Jim Duffy-and not working, however much the Board must have prayed for it to do so, so they went for someone unemployed, steady, and, so they probably thought, quiet and sensible....
  • Glenn Roeder. See Peter Grant.
Luckily, after Roeder, and when, supposedly, lots of people who had actually been football Managers had shown an interest in the job, despite, it seems, working under conditions that were not exactly favourable, Gunny was pruning his roses one afternoon and said, in a moment of relaxed candour, "...hey, I''d give it a go..." -and passed the interview with flying colours!Which is where we are now.So it could be argued that we have rarely, if ever, displayed "ambition" and that maybe our perception of it now is different to what it was in the Bond era (and what great days they seem to be now!), where-as that of the people running the club is less than it was then!Not much change in the last thirty years or so, don''t expect much in the next thirty either.Ipswiich seemingly make a decision, swiftly follow it with another one, no messing about...and, if Keane gets the job, I''ll put money on him getting them up next season, at the same time, we may be finding that we are due another one in the 3rd division.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="king canary"]Dont rate him as am nager to be honest. The amount of money he spent at Sunderland was ridiculous and he walked away when the going got tough. Not the criteria of a ''born winner'' in my book.
[/quote]

Do you rate Gunny more than Keane?

[/quote]

Yes actually.  Whatever I think of Gunny in the absolute, compared just with Keane he will be a better man manager over the long term, will be better at player selection and recruitment and is more stable mentally

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="king canary"]Dont rate him as am nager to be honest. The amount of money he spent at Sunderland was ridiculous and he walked away when the going got tough. Not the criteria of a ''born winner'' in my book.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes actually.  Whatever I think of Gunny in the absolute, compared just with Keane he will be a better man manager over the long term, will be better at player selection and recruitment and is more stable mentally

[/quote]

No wonder City fail with opinions like yours.

[quote user="Essex Yella Belly"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Essex Yella Belly"][quote user="JimRoyle"][quote user="Essex Yella Belly"]Keano, keano, keano!
[/quote]

It''ll end in tears*

Not that I''m jealous and bitter of course! [;)]
[/quote]

*...for you on Monday, when you''re relegated..live on Sky!
[/quote]
Screw you, hippie.
[/quote]

Wahey!! Here he is..are you going to tell me to "die" again?
[/quote]

ahh Roy Keane.. the man Sunderlands players gave up on due to his constant bullying of them.. Ipswich is a place similar to Norwich, nice friendly club, nice "friendly" support.. big bad roy is going to make a fist of it... they wont like his sort there.

see you in league 1 bin man....

jas :)

Regardless of what the current squad make of it, I cannot believe he will have gone there without some serious cash being promised for transfers.

Expect to see some big players going there in the summer and a team challenging for promotion next year.

Roy Keane turns and runs off crying when things get difficult.. well that''s going to be day one of training trying to explain his moral stance to Haynes!

We beat Sunderland at home with Roy Keane in charge 1 - 0 ...  goal by yesss Earnshaw !

Maybe he wants Alan Lee as a striker and will score 25 goals next season .. all possible

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No wonder City fail with opinions like yours.

[/quote]

Do you disagree with me Wiz?   Why?

Thank you for flattering me though by your suggestion that I as a simple fan am responsible for City''s failure.   I had no idea that I had such a strong effect on transfer policy, team selection, tactics, player performance and substitution decisions.  Similarly'' the Board clearly respond to every thought.

No doubt you will say that my tacit support and apathy allow the Board to thrive.  I don''t support the Board actually but your vehement opposition has hardly had a discernable affect hasit?

Truth is that the fans are largely irrelevant to decisions made in the Club.  We are consumers and are too loyal to affect the decisionmaking process with our economic activity.

Excellent news.  just how much will that cost?

what a waste of money.

no way will they go up or keane stick around.

Roy Keane,  down the road, it''s the funniest thing  I have heard in ages and ages.

An unproven rookie manager but with excellent playing credentials. I can''t think who that reminds me of !Anyway, what an incompetent decision. IMO, it will definitely backfire on Evans and Ipswich because he will demand large sums of money to buy players, not achieve promotion and walk away claiming he did not receive full support.

Keane is like Bryan Robson, the players looked up to and respected him for what he did as a player yet as time went on his man management skills were tested more and more as the fear factor from his playing days wore off.

At Sunderland when the going got tough Keane just grew a beard and walked out, that isn''t the mantra of someone who is tough.

Hope this ends in tears for Scum

[quote user="Old Shuck"]
He got Sunderland promoted. If he does that for Ipswich, thats job done. End of.

As has already been pointed out on this post, when we look for a new Manager, we go through this ridiculous and long winded "interview" process, one in which names are postulated, delusions of grandeur (from within the club) and a determination to "do the right thing" comes across, we are also told that "big names", "surprising" ones have applied and that the club -according to ND on more than one occasion are "impressed" with the quality of applicants.

On and on and on it goes, then, bang! Theres a Grant, theres a Roeder, theres a Gunn. But then thats how we''ve always done Managers isn''t it, it goes back a lot, lot further...

We "poached", to much wailing and gnashing of teeth down on the South coast, John Bond from Bornemouth. Then we, with one exception, changed our policy wholesale...

• Ken Brown was appointed from within.

• Dave Stringer followed. Ditto, although, to be fair, he may (help here?) not actually have been at the club when he was appointed?

• Mike Walker came next-another internal appointment and if we''d have had Internet message boards when he was appointed, you can imagine the furore!
"...how can half a season managing Colchester United be good enough for a club in the Premier League..."   (oh what a lovely worry to have at that time!)

(We gave him another go later on, but things were never the same, never go back-although the criteria for him being sacked the second time around were surely not 100% due to the football and the results?)

• John Deehan came after Walker, yep, more Liverpool internal continuity. Soon sacked, but, of course, now back at the club for his pension top up!

• Martin O''Neill, lured from Wycombe, excitement all round! But we know what happened next!! Seems that, after that, the club got into a mentality of not wanting to do such dreadful things again, "...it gets your fingers burnt, this ambition thing!.."

• Gary Megson then. Safe, known, dependable, "knows the club". Next!

• Bruce Rioch anyone? That bordered on a vaguely ambitious appointment, after all, he''d been Arsenal Manager! But I think our Board was thinking more Millwall when they appointed him. And they didn''t trust him to do it properly, obviously, as they also appointed....

• Bryan Hamilton, who followed him, ANOTHER "safe", internal appointment, but hey, Delia said it, "we''ve got our man". So we sat back and waited for...well, we''re still waiting, but I think we have been for quite sometime now!

• Nigel Worthington hit the Motherlode, and that was it, we''re never going outside of the club again, it always works think they at the top....

...but there was no-one at the club when Worthy left -about a year too late-to be that internal appointment, so the next best thing was to get another ex-City player back at the helm (think Megson, think Deehan) in...

• Peter Grant. Enough said.

When Grant didn''t cut the mustard, it was evident that, despite the internal approach being attempted -in Jim Duffy-and not working, however much the Board must have prayed for it to do so, so they went for someone unemployed, steady, and, so they probably thought, quiet and sensible....

• Glenn Roeder. See Peter Grant.

Luckily, after Roeder, and when, supposedly, lots of people who had actually been football Managers had shown an interest in the job, despite, it seems, working under conditions that were not exactly favourable, Gunny was pruning his roses one afternoon and said, in a moment of relaxed candour, "...hey, I''d give it a go..." -and passed the interview with flying colours!

Which is where we are now.

So it could be argued that we have rarely, if ever, displayed "ambition" and that maybe our perception of it now is different to what it was in the Bond era (and what great days they seem to be now!), where-as that of the people running the club is less than it was then!

Not much change in the last thirty years or so, don''t expect much in the next thirty either.

Ipswiich seemingly make a decision, swiftly follow it with another one, no messing about...and, if Keane gets the job, I''ll put money on him getting them up next season, at the same time, we may be finding that we are due another one in the 3rd division.

[/quote]That sums up a lot of what has gone wrong here. Just to support your case MIck Dennis has just been on Sky saying what a bad appointment Roy Keane is and pulled the Evans regime to pieces, he of course supports our regime being close friends of the hierarchy.

I would go along with your last sentence.