Sign in to follow this  
alex_ncfc

Keane - what a tremendous appointment for Ipswich Town

Yes I know there are umpteen other threads on Keane but this is a message board, and quite frankly we can post what we like.

I cannot believe the amount of people on here moaning about Norwich fans moaning about Keane. The usual suspects with the usual arguments: why would we want Keane? I''d rather have Gunn here than Keane, any day of the week. What has Keane ever achieved? Why would we want a thug here?

Are you all deluding yourselves or what?

Why would we want him here? This man has instantly raised Ipswich''s profile - literally overnight. They are no longer Ipswich - they are Roy Keane''s Ipswich. The media can''t stop talking about them. He is the subject of at least 3 blogs on the BBC site (one of which quite rightly ridicules our very own Norwich with the cook in charge) Premiership managers and former team mates of his are all speaking out in their support of the appointment and his return to football.

Roy Keane might be relatively new to management, but he is a big name, a name known worldwide, and this is enough to get support of his players, staff and he has 100 times the number of contacts that Gunny does. He will attract players in a way that Bryan Gunn cannot.

What have we got? Bryan Gunn - a name which means little beyond the Norfolk borders. Sir Alex? Don''t make me laugh - he babysat for his children when he was in his early 20s. Yet the local media portray Gunn and Fergie as having some close friendship that will earn us favour when it comes to loans etc. Name me the number of loan players we have had from Fergie over the last few years through Gunn''s influence, first as ''club liason'' and now as manager? Say no more...

Of course we also have Delia - she raises our profile no end doesn''t she? Of course, that''s if you like NCFC being portrayed as a complete and utter joke outside of Norfolk. Because that is how we are seen.

Watch next season as Ipswich use their new founded ambition and financial muscle to become the top team in East Anglia.

And considering a few seasons ago that title belonged to us, it is such a shame to see us throw it away through the complete mismanagement shown at NCFC.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

Yes I know there are umpteen other threads on Keane but this is a message board, and quite frankly we can post what we like.

I cannot believe the amount of people on here moaning about Norwich fans moaning about Keane. The usual suspects with the usual arguments: why would we want Keane? I''d rather have Gunn here than Keane, any day of the week. What has Keane ever achieved? Why would we want a thug here?

Why would we want him here? This man has instantly raised Ipswich''s profile - literally overnight. They are no longer Ipswich - they are Roy Keane''s Ipswich. The media can''t stop talking about them. He is the subject of at least 3 blogs on the BBC site (one of which quite rightly ridicules our very own Norwich with the cook in charge) Premiership managers and former team mates of his are all speaking out in their support of the appointment and his return to football.

Roy Keane might be relatively new to management, but he is a big name, a name known worldwide, and this is enough to get support of his players, staff and he has 100 times the number of contacts that Gunny does. He will attract players in a way that Bryan Gunn cannot.

What have we got? Bryan Gunn - a name which means little beyond the Norfolk borders. Sir Alex? Don''t make me laugh - he babysat for his children when he was in his early 20s. Yet the local media portray Gunn and Fergie as having some close friendship that will earn us favour when it comes to loans etc. Name me the number of loan players we have had from Fergie over the last few years through Gunn''s influence, first as ''club liason'' and now as manager? Say no more...

Of course we also have Delia - she raises our profile no end doesn''t she? Of course, that''s if you like NCFC being portrayed as a complete and utter joke outside of Norfolk. Because that is how we are seen.

Watch next season as Ipswich use their new founded ambition and financial muscle to become the top team in East Anglia.

And considering a few seasons ago that title belonged to us, it is such a shame to see us throw it away through the complete mismanagement shown at NCFC.

[/quote]

[Y] Top post.

Now....tin hat at the ready and for CA to challenge you on not adding it to the other threads! [:P]

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

100% spot on with every word you have spoken, it is nice to see that there are more of you who are not deluded than those who are totally deluded! We are now the biggest blub in the ccc next season (barring newcastle) soley because of the manager we have and the players he will attract to tthe club! The st sales will now increase dramatically and I understand that Keane himself had around 2,000 fans travel to most of Sundelrands home games just to support him, he is a major drawer and that is exaclty what we want

We had the opportunity when we were promoted to the Premiership to distance ourselves from Ipswich and blew it through lack of ambition, now it''s their turn.

[quote user="billabasblue"]

100% spot on with every word you have spoken, it is nice to see that there are more of you who are not deluded than those who are totally deluded! We are now the biggest blub in the ccc next season (barring newcastle) soley because of the manager we have and the players he will attract to tthe club! The st sales will now increase dramatically and I understand that Keane himself had around 2,000 fans travel to most of Sundelrands home games just to support him, he is a major drawer and that is exaclty what we want

[/quote]Alex and his ilk would say a lot of things that you would find pleasing Bill. They want to see us relegated and in administration too. I wouldn''t be surprised if they join you next year with the admiration that they are showing. Frankly, you are welcome to them!

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]Watch next season as Ipswich use their new founded ambition and financial muscle to become the top team in East Anglia.

And considering a few seasons ago that title belonged to us, it is such a shame to see us throw it away through the complete mismanagement shown at NCFC.[/quote]Let''s have a little look at this Ipswich who you admire so much. Didn''t they go into administration in 2003 and could only pay their creditors 5p in the pound forcing local businesses to go bust, costing people their jobs and even knocking local charities. Having come through that, they ran up huge debts AGAIN. This time, it was Norwich Union, and  the banks who suffered and even their own shareholders, whos shares were valued at £20 became worthless over night. Yet you accuse our lot of mismanagement. Yeah right!

They''ve trampled on everyone in their path to get to where they are now. You go ahead and admire and envy them. For the above reasons I''ll still see them as scum. PAH!

Am i the only one who doesn''t give a toss what the binners are up to?(Except to say i hope it goes horribly wrong!!!)

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]Watch next season as Ipswich use their new founded ambition and financial muscle to become the top team in East Anglia.

And considering a few seasons ago that title belonged to us, it is such a shame to see us throw it away through the complete mismanagement shown at NCFC.[/quote]Let''s have a little look at this Ipswich who you admire so much. Didn''t they go into administration in 2003 and could only pay their creditors 5p in the pound forcing local businesses to go bust, costing people their jobs and even knocking local charities. Having come through that, they ran up huge debts AGAIN. This time, it was Norwich Union, and  the banks who suffered and even their own shareholders, whos shares were valued at £20 became worthless over night. Yet you accuse our lot of mismanagement. Yeah right!

They''ve trampled on everyone in their path to get to where they are now. You go ahead and admire and envy them. For the above reasons I''ll still see them as scum. PAH!

[/quote]

But that was then this in now pal, we are now amongst the wealthiest clubs in the division and have the most famous manager in the league, what happened back then means NOTHING in the here and now, I admit we got lucky in the past in terms of avoiding points deduction and now falling firmly on our feet with our new owner but hell we will take that luck and enjoy ramming it down your throats in EXACTLY  the same way you would to us if the shoe was on the other foot!  

P.s Enjoy league 1!

[quote user="billabasblue"]we are now amongst the wealthiest clubs in the division [/quote]Then pay back all those people you''ve knocked over the years! 

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="billabasblue"]we are now amongst the wealthiest clubs in the division [/quote]Then pay back all those people you''ve knocked over the years! [/quote]

Did you pay back all those people you knocked in the 30''s when your club went into liquidadtion? In any event nobody does that in any walk of life, if a business goes under owing money they just simply reopen under a slighlty different name with no debts, it may be harsh but its life!!

Enjoy League 1!

You''re spot on, it is a tremendous appointment from the perspective of a City fan. I''m sure Keano will take them far......to the far reaches of non-league football and we''ll never hear from the inbred fans of that crappy club from an unattractive small Suffolk town ever again. Here''s hoping anyway!!

Don''t lets worry about Barnsley and Plymouth today lets just all keep chatting about Ipswich and Keane thats much more important isn''t it?? [:$]

You''re spot on, it is a tremendous appointment from the perspective of a City fan. I''m sure Keano will take them far......to the far reaches of non-league football and we''ll never hear from the inbred fans of that crappy club from an unattractive small Suffolk town ever again. Here''s hoping anyway!!

LOL you are a very jealous and bitter man, if it is such good news from a city point of you Why is that around 75% of your fans on here and other boards are gutted by it and even your local papers have come out and said how gutted they are about it?

As for non league football your club is doing exactly the right things to get YOU there, give it a couple of seasons and you will end up like Luton, no money, no team NO HOPE!!

Enjoy League 1!

FLUSH!

Silly Binner can''t count, obviously.

Did you see the ''Keane or Gunn'' thread? It was split about 50-50, so where you pulled that ''75%'' stat from i''ll never know.

Crawl back to your hovel, inbred.

Keane''s appointment is a huge surprise. Certainly a coup for Ipswich. But I can''t help thinking that the football club is simply treated as a sideshow in the great ''Roy Keane News Extravaganza'', just as Sunderland were. The story is all about Roy Keane. The fact that his current club is Ipswich seems almost incidental. He will cast them aside soon enough, just as he did with Sunderland.As mentioned on Football Focus today, Keane spent £70million on 33 players in two seasons to get Sunderland promoted and scrape survival in the Premier League. If Ipswich really have that sort of money currently available, then whoever takes charge is likely to succeed (in relative terms, compared to a mid-table Championship side). But remember that even with that fortune to spend, Sunderland remain small fry struggling amongst the Premier League clubs.I have to say, that when we won the Football League and were playing in the Premiership I didn''t give the fortunes of Ipswich Town a second thought. Now our paths are deviating the opposite way, I''m still not fussed. My concern is solely with my club, Norwich City. Norwich have never been in a position to achieve success through big money and celebrity names. I feel as a club we have always earned any success that has come our way.

I''m not gutted... not because I think he will be a miserable failure at Ipswich, but because I couldn''t bloody care less. I''m more interested in a crucial time for our club personally.

Top post.Ignore the fans like the gentleman above as he clearly has no aspirations and would be happy to see Norwich vs Blyth Spartans rather than Norwich vs Inter Milan.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Top post.

Ignore the fans like the gentleman above as he clearly has no aspirations and would be happy to see Norwich vs Blyth Spartans rather than Norwich vs Inter Milan.
[/quote]

It''s all about having fun and experiencing the foodball matchday experience - regardless of the result....Then home for ''Britain''s got Talent''.....sorted.

Sorry I didnt realise....I thought I had bled yellow and green for all these years because i wanted to hold my head proud and say Im a Norwich fan. ;)If id realised i woulda just not been the family black sheep football fan ( me and my dad are NCFC the rest of my family are gooners !! Curse me being taken to Carrow road aged 5, maybe if it was Highbury id have been a happier man in general :( ) or Id have just jumped on the Trawler men band wagon a few years back.At the rate its going Norwich City vs Lowestoft town is on the cards as a league match by 2012. I will look forwards to that, great food, great fans and a nice little kick about.Lovely.

Roy Keane is a high profile appointment. Not necessarily a good appointment.As has been said, his record at Championship level is good. But he''s only had one club, and had huge amounts of cash with which to get Sunderland promoted. His man management skills are well known to be poor (it''s said he maintains discipline through staring), he''s controversial and his transfer policy is dubious to say the least.I think the jury is out on Roy Keane, the manager, and it''s a risky appointment by Ipswich.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

Good post. Truth hurts.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Ignore the fans like the gentleman above as he clearly has no aspirations and would be happy to see Norwich vs Blyth Spartans rather than Norwich vs Inter Milan.[/quote]I would prefer to concentrate on us hopefully staying up (yes, there is still a chance) than give a fig about what Ipswich are doing. I would suggest that means I would rather us be playing in this league than Blyth any time soon.

Sorry but all the people who seem to think that Ipswich are destined for greatness purely because they appointed Roy Keane as manager are idiots! The only reason why there is so much hype surrounding Ipswich Town right now is because Roy Keane is such a high profile, appointing him as manager is not a sure sign of ambition in any way. If Ipswich would have appointed someone like Paul Ince as manager who has done as much as Roy Keane as manager if not more (given he has spent alot less money) then no one would have given this stroy a second glance, but because Roy Keane is a such a high profile it''s assumed that Ipswich are set for greatness, this is not the case as Keane still has alot to do to prove himself as a great manager.

I don''t know what''s worse, the deluded Ipswich fans who think that there club are now world beaters or the the depressed Norwich fans who think Ipswich are now set for greatness and can''t talk about anything else, despite the fact we have a huge game coming up on monday.

GET A GRIP FOR CHRIST SAKE!

I dont think its just the appointment of Keane but the whole new set up that the ex olympic supremo will create that will make the difference -as much as i hate to say it the scum will atleast reach the playoffs next season - if not automatic

[quote user="billabasblue"]

LOL you are a very jealous and bitter man, if it is such good news from a city point of you Why is that around 75% of your fans on here and other boards are gutted by it and even your local papers have come out and said how gutted they are about it?

As for non league football your club is doing exactly the right things to get YOU there, give it a couple of seasons and you will end up like Luton, no money, no team NO HOPE!!

Enjoy League 1!

FLUSH!

[/quote]

I wonder where Bill and his mates are today....

Just goes to show that 18 months is a long time in the football world!!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="billabasblue"]

Enjoy League 1!

FLUSH!

[/quote]

I wonder where Bill and his mates are today....

Just goes to show that 18 months is a long time in the football world!!

[/quote]

Now what exactly were you looking for Nutty when you came upon this?