Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Piswich's ambition.....

Yes next season Ipswich going all out for promotion with us floundering mid table in League 1 with a team of kids. Thats the beauty of having Delia Smith in charge.

The scum have just demonstrated the diference between our clubs. They are 9th and have dumped their CE and brought in a man with a high powered background in sports management and then given their manager the elbow and look as if they might replace him with someone who took a relegation haunted side straight up within the same season. In short, to them 9th is unaceptable and heads have rolled.

In contrast we are in serious danger of relegation, follow failed manager with failed manager before settling on the odd-job man (and I don''t blame Gumnny in the slightest) and have a bog standard solicitor as our CE. Are the fans upset? Do they demand changes? No, they sing "Delia''s Barmy Army" as the sozzled trout parades in front of them following a defeat to our bitterest rivals.

No wonder the scum have finished above us on average 2 years out of every 3 over the whole of their League history. [:(][:(]

I have said it in another post I really dont think Keane has done brilliantly as a manager considering he has spend £70 Million and sunderland are still fighting relegation. But the fact is I would still probably have Keane ahead of any of the managers that Delia has chosen which shows you how badly she has chosen. I diddnt sit with the Norwich fans at portaloo road on saturday but I also fail to understand why they were cheering her for. I know alot of people dont like her but still it just seems that to many are prepared to just let her sit back and appoint a load more useless managers and waste more money on building conservatories and restaurants.

I also have to say that Ipswich seem to have appointed a very knowledgable chap as their new ce. And maybe both us and also the FA should take a leaf out of their book and also appoint someone in this role that actually knows something about sports and football. Not old lawyers or ITV bosses or ex government ministers.

Just to add to that I would like to comment about Magiltons sacking. Ok like many City fans I dont really like the man but to sack him over the phone while he is looking after his ill mother is not really the right way to do things and shows what a dirty club they are

A dirty nasty club that might actually acheive something through their ruthless decision making, rather than pansying about until its to late and then appointing cheap options?  Hmm....think I would rather have the nasty club![quote user="ndhscanary"]

I have said it in another post I really dont think Keane has done brilliantly as a manager considering he has spend £70 Million and sunderland are still fighting relegation. But the fact is I would still probably have Keane ahead of any of the managers that Delia has chosen which shows you how badly she has chosen. I diddnt sit with the Norwich fans at portaloo road on saturday but I also fail to understand why they were cheering her for. I know alot of people dont like her but still it just seems that to many are prepared to just let her sit back and appoint a load more useless managers and waste more money on building conservatories and restaurants.

I also have to say that Ipswich seem to have appointed a very knowledgable chap as their new ce. And maybe both us and also the FA should take a leaf out of their book and also appoint someone in this role that actually knows something about sports and football. Not old lawyers or ITV bosses or ex government ministers.

Just to add to that I would like to comment about Magiltons sacking. Ok like many City fans I dont really like the man but to sack him over the phone while he is looking after his ill mother is not really the right way to do things and shows what a dirty club they are

[/quote]

I know its The Sun but they are claiming Keane has been promised £20 million for players.

[quote user="crafty canary"]

The scum have just demonstrated the diference between our clubs. They are 9th and have dumped their CE and brought in a man with a high powered background in sports management and then given their manager the elbow and look as if they might replace him with someone who took a relegation haunted side straight up within the same season. In short, to them 9th is unaceptable and heads have rolled.

In contrast we are in serious danger of relegation, follow failed manager with failed manager before settling on the odd-job man (and I don''t blame Gumnny in the slightest) and have a bog standard solicitor as our CE. Are the fans upset? Do they demand changes? No, they sing "Delia''s Barmy Army" as the sozzled trout parades in front of them following a defeat to our bitterest rivals.

No wonder the scum have finished above us on average 2 years out of every 3 over the whole of their League history. [:(][:(]

[/quote]Now Crafty, that''s a hell of a stat but I''m not going to dispute it. But why you now want to start using that lot down the road as a stick to beat our club with I will never understand. But that amazing stat that you researched is a black mark against a lot more than your pet sozzled old trout. Because for the first 11 years I followed my beloved team we never finished above the scum once. Thanks for reminding me of that! But whose fault was it? Was it the lack of ambition shown by Geoffrey Watling, who to my knowledge only got one meagre goal diffrence finish above the scum in all his years at the helm. No... let''s not dwell on it.

Are you a fan of Roy Keane Crafty? Do you wish he was our manager? Are you jealous of that lot down the road? You''re just another one in a long line this week who criticises the fans. Are you actually criticising yourself too Crafty? Or is it those other fans? All the rest except you, Smudger, Cluck, Arthur and Mr Carrow?

Serious question for you Crafty... do you believe scum fans are better than ours? Because that''s what your post imply''s.

[quote user="Pastry"]A dirty nasty club that might actually acheive something through their ruthless decision making, rather than pansying about until its to late and then appointing cheap options?  Hmm....think I would rather have the nasty club![/quote]The A14''s that-a-way, Pastry...

[quote user="First Wizard"]Who said admistration was a disaster then?[:S][/quote]If you can guarantee that Norwich will be taken over if they go into administration then I recommend you let the majority shareholders know. Otherwise I suggest you keep it zipped because treating administration as the light at the end of the tunnel makes you look a bit thick. [Y]

As i''ve said, i think it will be a long time until we play Ipswich again unless the way the club is run is changed dramatically!

Ambition? Our board couldn''t even spell it! [:@]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="crafty canary"]

[/quote]Now Crafty, that''s a hell of a stat but I''m not going to dispute it. But why you now want to start using that lot down the road as a stick to beat our club with I will never understand. But that amazing stat that you researched is a black mark against a lot more than your pet sozzled old trout. Because for the first 11 years I followed my beloved team we never finished above the scum once. Thanks for reminding me of that! But whose fault was it? Was it the lack of ambition shown by Geoffrey Watling, who to my knowledge only got one meagre goal diffrence finish above the scum in all his years at the helm. No... let''s not dwell on it.

Are you a fan of Roy Keane Crafty? Do you wish he was our manager? Are you jealous of that lot down the road? You''re just another one in a long line this week who criticises the fans. Are you actually criticising yourself too Crafty? Or is it those other fans? All the rest except you, Smudger, Cluck, Arthur and Mr Carrow?

Serious question for you Crafty... do you believe scum fans are better than ours? Because that''s what your post imply''s.

[/quote]

Why drag me into your bitching???

Because you are at the front of the queue when it comes to throwing insults at City fans. "Spineless" was your latest offering only  yesterday.

There is another connection between you all too The Armchair Activist strikes again! [:O]

In fact for your shameful "spineless" jibes at City fan''s I think you should be the leader of the AAA

(Arthur''s Armchair Army)

As soon as it goes wrong, then Keane will have a hissy fit and be off. Evans and CE won''t tolerate him. Remember he did do well at Sunderland, but he had a stupid amount of money to spend. Saying all that, I do believe that they will be in the mix at the top. Mind you look at Koopeerrr.

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]I know its The Sun but they are claiming Keane has been promised £20 million for players.
[/quote]

That won''t be enough for the angry young Irishman, though. He needed EIGHTY MILLION POUNDS at Sunderland to gain promotion. Hopefully he will waste that £20 million on players who are complete duds and then go cap in hand to his sugar daddy for more, and then be shown the door.

[;)][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Because you are at the front of the queue when it comes to throwing insults at City fans. "Spineless" was your latest offering only  yesterday.

There is another connection between you all too The Armchair Activist strikes again! [:O]

In fact for your shameful "spineless" jibes at City fan''s I think you should be the leader of the AAA

(Arthur''s Armchair Army)

[/quote]

Quite happy to be leader of Arthurs Armchair Army [:)]....as long as it distances me from morons singing Delias barmy army after we have just LOST to our bitter rivals and been put in deeper shite.....Im quite happy for you and your spineless Delias barmy army brigade to have a laugh and a joke on your way to sending us to the 3rd tier....Im also happy to be an armchair fan after health problems and at 72, years of loyalty.

How are the splinters on your arse from the fence sitting Nutty? Nuttys Sit On The Fence And Cosy Up To Delia Barmy Army perhaps?[;)]

Nice to see you are still smiling Arthur, you know I mean no harm but the thing is mate, those fans who went to Portaloo are anything but spineless. Regardless of the fact that they sang "Delia''s barmy army". When they set out they knew that they would have to endure scummer fans taunting them about relegation, and if they lost it would be ten times worse, but they went there all the same. That takes guts on its own but they also supported the team throughout the match, didn''t hide, sulk, go quiet  or try to leave early. I came back and stated I was proud of them where as you and your army came on here calling them spineless and all kinds of other things.

I don''t wish to make light of your health problems because I know you would love to still have been there with us. But if you had been with us how would you have reacted if you got back expecting a load of abuse on here from the scummers only to find it was actually from some of your own[:^)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

But if you had been with us how would you have reacted if you got back expecting a load of abuse on here from the scummers only to find it was actually from some of your own[:^)]

[/quote]

Give em some back...theres plenty to pick at with that lot mate, what I wouldnt have done is sing in praise one of the people I deem responsible for our status...makes us look a bit simple in my opinion.[;)]

Arthur... I think you missed my point. We gave ''em some back all game. And from the scummy ground to the scummy station. And then came back here to be called spineless by some of our own.

That won''t be enough for the angry young Irishman, though. He needed EIGHTY MILLION POUNDS at Sunderland to gain promotion. Hopefully he will waste that £20 million on players who are complete duds and then go cap in hand to his sugar daddy for more, and then be shown the door.

Sorry Scummer but Keane needed £10m to get Sunderland promoted not £80m, he will get more than £10m with us next season so we have every chance of promotion next season!!!

Arthur... I think you missed my point. We gave ''em some back all game. And from the scummy ground to the scummy station. And then came back here to be called spineless by some of our own.

[/quote]

Im glad they got some stick, but all im saying is I wouldnt be singing "Delias Barmy Army". Thats all mate. Bit like singing "Tony Blairs Barmy Army" when he was speaking in public. Dont sing the name of those responsible for our downfall-it makes us look thick.

[quote user="billabasblue"]

Sorry Scummer... picture of six-fingered hand ... but Keane needed £10m to get Sunderland promoted not £80m, he will get more than £10m with us next season so we have every chance of promotion next season!!!

[/quote]

I''d keep that covered up if I was you billy boy[:|]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Im glad they got some stick, but all im saying is I wouldnt be singing "Delias Barmy Army". Thats all mate. Bit like singing "Tony Blairs Barmy Army" when he was speaking in public. Dont sing the name of those responsible for our downfall-it makes us look thick.

[/quote]

That''s got nothing to do with your claims that our fans are spineless though has it Arthur. Spineless since the Prem?

honestly what a laugh? how some of you are able to "spin" the news is incredible! you can''t all be Doncaster or his fingers would have been worn off.

Keane being appointed is very bad news for us, because it shows the scum have A/ ambition and B/ cash to spend.

There is no other way to see it, that is it, full stop.

Oh, and that''s despite the scum having nowhere near as many season ticket holders as us, pouring money into our clubs coffers every season.

Evans vs Smith?

Keane vs Gunn?

Really difficult to work out that, for some of you apparently.

For the purposes of this debate it doesn''t matter whether Keane ends up being a success - its the message it sends and the difference in attitude and approach of the two clubs. They have had a mediocre season (although still much better than us) and have acted swiftly and deciscively to remove both the chief exec and the manager and bring in high profile replacements with a bit of clout. They''ve gone out and got the man they wanted to manage them rather than going through some convoluted interview process involving psychometric testing (FFS!). I have no doubt whatsoever that they will be pushing for the prem in the next couple of seasons.

All of you saying "i''m glad we haven''t got Keane" and "I wouldn''t want to have Marcus Evans" and lets wait and see how it all pans out are part of the sort of inertia that has held our club back and enables Delia to peddle her line that there''s nobody out there interested who would meet her "best interests of the club" test. This "would they be any better" and "i''d rather stick with what I know" attitude is what holds us back. Many scummers would have been very uneasy at Evans coming in and many of us crowed but unfortunately his actions since taking over do suggest he means business. I wouldn''t want us to go down precisely the same route and owe sums of that magnitude to one individual but its surely food for thought for a few people?

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

For the purposes of this debate it doesn''t matter whether Keane ends up being a success - its the message it sends and the difference in attitude and approach of the two clubs. They have had a mediocre season (although still much better than us) and have acted swiftly and deciscively to remove both the chief exec and the manager and bring in high profile replacements with a bit of clout. They''ve gone out and got the man they wanted to manage them rather than going through some convoluted interview process involving psychometric testing (FFS!). I have no doubt whatsoever that they will be pushing for the prem in the next couple of seasons.

All of you saying "i''m glad we haven''t got Keane" and "I wouldn''t want to have Marcus Evans" and lets wait and see how it all pans out are part of the sort of inertia that has held our club back and enables Delia to peddle her line that there''s nobody out there interested who would meet her "best interests of the club" test. This "would they be any better" and "i''d rather stick with what I know" attitude is what holds us back. Many scummers would have been very uneasy at Evans coming in and many of us crowed but unfortunately his actions since taking over do suggest he means business. I wouldn''t want us to go down precisely the same route and owe sums of that magnitude to one individual but its surely food for thought for a few people?

[/quote]

But Jim it depends how you spin it. piswich fans didn''t feel he acted swiftly and decisively. How long has Evans been there? How long have they wanted rid of Mad Madge? Which ever way this pans out there are going to be accusations that he hung on to Magilton too long.

But you are right, let''s wait and see how it pans out. Jealousy is a wasteful emotion, especially jealousy of what might happen.

Ah but...

Norwich Fans  V  piswich fans

Is that so difficult to work out?

Some apparently get it wrong[:|]

[/quote]

Ha Ha! My post was a bit tongue in cheek actually NN, as I thought it would hook you for a reply.

Do you do anything else other than post on here? Must be a full time job.....