Sign in to follow this  
chicken

As it stands

Saturday 18th April (All links from the BBC):Nottm Forest v Coventry (home win)Reading v Barnsley (home win)Sheff Wed v Southampton (home win)Charlton v Blackpool (home win)-------------------------------------------------------------------------Sunday 19th April:-obscene team name deleted incase of offense caused - v Norwich (draw)------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tuesday, 21 April 2009

Charlton v Cardiff, 19:45 (away win)

Coventry v Barnsley, 19:45 (draw)------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saturday, 25 April 2009

Barnsley v Wolverhampton (away win)Blackpool v Nottm Forest (draw)Southampton v Burnley (away win)------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monday, 27 April 2009

Norwich v Reading, (draw)------------------------------------------------------------------------Sunday, 3 May 2009Charlton v Norwich (away win)Nottm Forest v Southampton  (home win)Plymouth v Barnsley (home win)-------------------------------------------------------------------------Looking at that there seems to be two other teams we should be supporting in the run in - Coventry and Blackpool!
I then went and did my match predictions - posted in brackets after the games. For the purposes of the games I didn''t go fo detail I just went for win (1-0), loose (1-0), or draw (0-0). My predictions would leave the bottom of the table like this:20: Nottingham Forrest - 53 points.21: Norwich City - 51 points.22: Barnsley - 47 points.23: Southampton - 44 points.24: Charlton - 37 points.I don''t think that this will pan out the way I see it but I think four more points and we are safe. The problem for me is the fact that our last three games are arguably the toughest. A local derby where league positioning tends to go out of the window, the scum are unlikely to play like they are mid table mediocraty against us and it is probably the only game left for them to savour and enjoy - or at least try to. I don''t like to say which way that will go.Then we have Reading at home who may well need the points to stay in the play-offs. However if they do win against Barnsley then I can see some rotation coming into play. They would be at least five points clear of Swansea who would only have two games to make it up in. Still, a Steve Coppell team is rarely easy to beat and we look to be relying on a result to ensure safety.We are then away at Charlton who will by then be relegated. Once more that is a bit of a hard game to predict because although I would like to say we would win it they will be playing for pride - if they have any left. That coupled with our poor away record. It is in our hands but none of these games are easy.You can''t help but feel Coventry seem to have taken their foot off the pedal. Loosing 4-0 to Plymouth and then drawing 0-0 with Charlton. I am not sure they are going to put up much resistance against Nottingham Forrest or Barnsley.Hang on tight ladles and jellyspoons, the rollercoaster has a few dips and twists yet . . . . . I already feel like being sick . . . . .

I think Saints will beat Burnley and that we may only pick up 1 - 3 points if we''re not really on it! Squeaky as hell I''d say! Worst case scenario for me is the solo point from 3 games and a summertime court battle with Saints over admin! Please let us pick up an early 3 at P''oo road!

It does not look good,  and we will need at least 4 points from the remaining games.   But I can see us struggling to get a result from any of the games but also us getting 7 points,   its that sort of league and season.

It is in our hands and if we get the points we will be fine.   Attitude;  do our players have the bottle?  thats the crunch,

I wonder if our players are like our fans Zip? I am sticking with my belief that we will get between 52-55 points and be safe. I haven''t wavered from this since mid February and have had plenty of stick on here from time to time. Now while I admit I tend to see things through the thickest yellow and green welding goggles I do have a belief too. Many other fans have long since accepted our relegation, have no belief, and a different attitude to me. In a few weeks we will find out who is right but in the mean time let''s hope the players have a better attitude and more bottle than a lot of the fans who have long since accepted the Third Division for us next season.

We could also really do with Reading taking enough points from Barnsley and Derby to cement their playoff spot before they come to us. I cannot see them fielding their best team for Norwich and Birmingham if they know they''ve got a playoff match the following week.

It is certainly going to be tight.  I cannot decide whether having the derby next is better or worse than playing another team safely ensconced in mid table obscurity with nothing to play for.

Obviously both they and us will raise or games as the match is so important but does this mean we will have more or less of a chance to get 3 vital points?

I just don''t know, the whole thing is making my head hurt!

I feel that the most unpredictable factor is us.

It seems impossible to predict which Norwich City will turn up. The Blackpool, Wednesday, Swansea team or the one which played so well on Saturday (and in the last derby game etc.) They continue to lift our expectations one game and deflate them the next.

The attitude of other teams to their various fixtures is also vital, and in this the Reading scenario is, as has been pointed out, the most crucial of all. They could well take their foot off the accelerator with a play off place assured, but teams with nothing to play for seem to do well against us.

Coventry seem to have gone off the boil, but they remain a competent side with sound management.

I see no games, but like what I am reading about Alan Lee. For a loanee, his commitment to the cause cannot be faulted and this gives me a lot of hope.

He could turn out to be the most significant signing of the season and I for one am happier to go into this crucial stage of the season with him in the team than I would be without him.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]I feel that the most unpredictable factor is us. It seems impossible to predict which Norwich City will turn up. The Blackpool, Wednesday, Swansea team or the one which played so well on Saturday (and in the last derby game etc.) They continue to lift our expectations one game and deflate them the next. The attitude of other teams to their various fixtures is also vital, and in this the Reading scenario is, as has been pointed out, the most crucial of all. They could well take their foot off the accelerator with a play off place assured, but teams with nothing to play for seem to do well against us. Coventry seem to have gone off the boil, but they remain a competent side with sound management. I see no games, but like what I am reading about Alan Lee. For a loanee, his commitment to the cause cannot be faulted and this gives me a lot of hope. He could turn out to be the most significant signing of the season and I for one am happier to go into this crucial stage of the season with him in the team than I would be without him.[/quote]

I think Lee is important but want to see him start scoring a few goals!  Cannot believe that our top scorer is ''own goal''....