Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Something that was raised on Canary Call yesterday

We play the scum after everyone else and of course the reading home is the monday after everyone else has played.Do you think the delaying of our games will be positive or negative for us?I can only see it being positive. If we''re out of the bottom 3 when we kick off against the scum then we will have the freedom to play and attack to our best ability and could see us winning against a very poor ips**** team . Reading at home is a night game and for some reason we always play well in night matches at Carrow Road (Cardiff and Wolves anyone)?What say you?

[quote user="CT "]Reading at home is a night game and for some reason we always play well in night matches at Carrow Road (Cardiff and Wolves anyone)?[/quote]QPR, Crystal Palace, Charlton (FA Cup) and Southampton anyone?Anyway... possibly an advantage but depends on how we can handle the pressure I suppose.

id rather we were not tbh. if forest and barnsley win saturday then this just adds unwanted pressure and anxiety. if our rivals lose then we may feel we can take our foot of the pedal a bit and this could also be bad news.

id much rather be playing before our rivals or at least the same time. i think playing after is a lose lose situation

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

id rather we were not tbh. if forest and barnsley win saturday then this just adds unwanted pressure and anxiety. if our rivals lose then we may feel we can take our foot of the pedal a bit and this could also be bad news.

id much rather be playing before our rivals or at least the same time. i think playing after is a lose lose situation

[/quote]

Agreed, I can see our rivals getting results ahead of us and that might impact the way we try to play - cannot go to Pman and play for a draw.

The Doc was interviewed after the match by Radio Norfolk and he did suggest that if City''s closest rivals won this could be quite a blow to the Canaries'' confidence going into their later kick off games, and on the contrary they would be uplifted if the other teams in danger lost. This made me think that perhaps it would be a good idea for Team Gunn and the entire 1st team squad to have a news blackout before these games. In other words, perhaps they should adopt a policy of no news is good news.

[quote user="Phil E Stein"]The Doc was interviewed after the match by Radio Norfolk and he did suggest that if City''s closest rivals won this could be quite a blow to the Canaries'' confidence going into their later kick off games, and on the contrary they would be uplifted if the other teams in danger lost. This made me think that perhaps it would be a good idea for Team Gunn and the entire 1st team squad to have a news blackout before these games. In other words, perhaps they should adopt a policy of no news is good news.[/quote]

You can do that for a 17:15 k/o on the same day, but just not possible for a match kicking off a day/two days later than all the rest.

I see it as nothing but an advantage. I''m sure the players would rather go out knowing what is required of them instead of going out there oblivious to what is going on in Nottingham/Barnsley.

Put it this way, if Forest are held on saturday, wouldn''t the players would go out with a nothing to lose and everything to gain attitude?

And CT, At last a sensible thread!

[quote user="Croft Has Fcuked Up A Cross Again"]I see it as nothing but an advantage. I''m sure the players would rather go out knowing what is required of them instead of going out there oblivious to what is going on in Nottingham/Barnsley.

Put it this way, if Forest are held on saturday, wouldn''t the players would go out with a nothing to lose and everything to gain attitude?

And CT, At last a sensible thread!
[/quote]Muchos gracias senor [Y]

I think if we get 50 (and lose the other match by the odd goal) we''ve got a reasonable chance.

52 would surely do it though.

[quote user="canari francais"]51 pts will NOT be enough. I''m not even convinced 52 will be. I think we need to win 2 and draw the other.[/quote]

51 points enough for us with our better GD, not enough for Forest or Barnsley!!

We could, of course, go into the Reading game already safe....

How? if we win against the filth, we''ll be 3 clear of Forest and Barnsley (depending on them both losing on the saturday) with 6 points up for grabs...

Oh i geddit now...

Sorry for being dumb, I didn''t take into account the fact that Reading is after a whole weekend of fixtures as well.

I can see both Barnsley AND Forest beating Coventry. With the Tykes having a game in hand,I can also see both of them winning another game as well. That gives them 52 pts,and OK,if we match that ,and with our better GD, we MAY be OK,but I would''t like to chance it. We need 53 pts to be absolutely sure,I''m afraid.

[quote user="one 4 the future"]All they need to no is win all three and we''ll be playing championship football next season.[/quote]

....and hope that Forest and Barnsley don''t win all theirs 5-0    ........

[quote user="CT "]We play the scum after everyone else and of course the reading home is the monday after everyone else has played.Do you think the delaying of our games will be positive or negative for us?I can only see it being positive. If we''re out of the bottom 3 when we kick off against the scum then we will have the freedom to play and attack to our best ability and could see us winning against a very poor ips**** team . Reading at home is a night game and for some reason we always play well in night matches at Carrow Road (Cardiff and Wolves anyone)?What say you?[/quote]

Acting second is always an advantage.

As an example we might just need a draw in the Reading game to make it certain we keep up.

This would change the way we play in the 2nd half.

It would also influence team/bench selection

Also If GD plays a part not getting tonked is important in the thinking as its worth an extra point.

An extra point with 3 games to go is massive

Am I being crazy by beginning to think we could actually win the last 3 games?

Ipswich is a derby game where league position rarely plays a part, and Ipswich have hit some managerial turmoil recently which could unsettle them along with their disgruntled fans

Reading are coming to Carrow Road, where I remain confident we can beat anyone

Charlton are rubbish

Then again, I did have very high hopes for Chris ''High Density Material'' Killen...