Sign in to follow this  
San Miguel

Points tally - we could end up with same as last yr.

Very optomistic but we''re currently on 46 points and if we won remaining three games we would have 55 points, which is the same total as last year.

link to last yr''s end table: http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/LeagueTable/0,,10355~20080612,00.html

if anything it proves (i) NCFC aren''t moving forward at all (not as if that''s breaking news) and (ii) the Championship is tighter this year (main cause being only one really bad team - Charlton - as opposed to 2 last yr)

I''m not sure the table actually proves a tighter championship this year since as far as I can work out last year would qualify as one of the tightest final tables that I am aware of, certainly so since the 2000-2001 season (which is all Wikipedia backdates to). Last year we saw the lowest points tally for winning the title, which was 81, a score that Wolves are already 2 points ahead of this and one that could even be surpassed by Birmingham, Sheffield and Cardiff. Wolves'' record so far predicts a final tally of 88-89 if they keep up their current points per game, and while this is still below the average winning tally since 2000-1 (95) it''s still well in excess of last year''s total achieved by West Brom.Of course at the other end we can look at the points accumulated by the team in 22nd place. Leicester have the rather unfortunate record of having gone down with the highest points total last year with 52 points - the performance of City, Forest and Barnsley would suggest that they will finish in the 49-50 point region, and since one of them has to get relegated it''s likely that this will be the marker for relegation. It''s a little above the average (47.5) but nothing special.Hand on heart I think we would be safe with 50 points, maybe because of goal difference but again that in itself is not a new phenomenom in the relegation scrap, and while the final three games could throw up some surprises I think this season''s table will really only dramatically differ from the one of last year because it is that one, not this, that was unusually tight.Tickers

I think because last years tally was a low one by the wba and the the relegated team had a higher amount than what will be necessary this year. I hope this equates to this year aswell because wolves have more (so there''s less available to go round for the bottom teams),I reckon 50 will be enough but the goal difference will be crucial.