Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

really sad to see

I think you''re all entirely right to say that such penalties punish fans as well as directors. However, my point was that, in Luton''s case, their fans never complained about their directors'' rather sharp practice when it was to their advantage (membership schemes, plastic pitches, no away fans) so they''ve got to take the rough with the smooth.

We should also remember that they only got the usual points deduction for administration (15 points). The other 15 was for illegal payments which is quite clearly against the rules and gives them an unfair advantage over clubs, like us, who conduct themselves properly in the transfer market.

The only aspect in which I do feel sorry for Luton is that, whilst the football league had the balls to effectively relegate them (rightly so), the FA shirked the obligation to do the same to West Ham regarding the whole Tevez farce, which rather smack of their usual reluctance to punish "big clubs."

what gets me , the directors walk away from it unpunished , surely the people who run the club should be punished not the fans or the club .

one difference between luton and norwich , we certainly have a good moan about delia and gang!!!