Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

the case for Cureton vs Ipswich

dont worry, i already have the tin hat on in preparation....

basically who would give Cureton a subs place on Sunday? or even a start up front with Lee?

the only reason i mention it is jamies record against Ipswich is very good, he scored in a 3-0 win at carrow road in 94-95, in the famous green hair game the following season he bagged the qualiser last season as well.

some players just seem to do well against certain teams.. Jamie has alwayss done well for us against Ipswich and with him and Lee up front its surely going to rile their supporters a little bit.

I know its likely Jamie will be off in the summer but i have a feeling that Portman road would be his last hoorah for us, his previous record proves it can be.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

basically who would give Cureton a subs place on Sunday? or even a start up front with Lee?

the only reason i mention it is jamies record against Ipswich is very good, he scored in a 3-0 win at carrow road in 94-95, in the famous green hair game the following season he bagged the qualiser last season as well.

some players just seem to do well against certain teams.. Jamie has alwayss done well for us against Ipswich and with him and Lee up front its surely going to rile their supporters a little bit.

I know its likely Jamie will be off in the summer but i have a feeling that Portman road would be his last hoorah for us, his previous record proves it can be.

[/quote]

Have you been on the cooking sherry again Jas?[:D]

the only reason i mention it is jamies record against Ipswich is very good,

jas :)[/quote]His record v any club is irrelevant. The question is "how is he likely to fare v the current Ipswich side, compared with other City players?" If we didn''t have Lee, McDonald, Gow - and even the hesitant Mooney - I wouldn''t be afraid to pick him and yes, he''d benefit from playing alongside the likes of Lee. But we do have better and less risky alternatives - and Gunn needs to establish a bit of continuity in the remainiung games. So: no. No chance.

I had this conversation with friends yesterday and agreed that Curo is a man who will turn up against Ippo and push that much more for the occasion. Its a cert Lee will score too

I''m surprised at you Jas. Thought you''d have a bit more common sense than to believe performances from bygone eras to be relevant? Not for me I have to say.

[quote user="Dan-NCFC"]

I''d be all for that,

and him banging in in the winner will surely shut a lot of you up!

:P 

[/quote]Remind us again how many winners he''s banged in for us in over 20 games this year?

[/quote]Are you first wiz in disguise?

A place on the bench is the best he can hope for and even then not sure his passion for NCFC will enable him to have more of an impact coming on than someone like Cody.

There is no case for Cureton v Ipswich. You wont see him play for Norwich again.

What is he - 6th choice now? Only if an epidemic strikes would he play, and that aint gonna happen.

He doesn''t deserve it. Since he came back the summer before last his performances for us have been weak and lazy. He offers no real threat, he doesn''t worry the opposition defence and he hasn''t scored enough goals to cover up the weaknesses in the rest of his game.

I mean I know Mooney hasn''t really done a lot for the last couple of games but at least he keeps going, he keeps moving.

The team we''re putting out at the moment is more or less the right one/the best available to us.

You would imagine that JC will be well up for playing. I guess it depends on what Gunn sees in training. Surely Cureton will be going full pelt trying to earn a recall for this one, if he earns a recall to the bench I wouldn''t be disappointed.

Well who would you leave out to give jamie a place though? The past is the past, he''s probably not match fit & he hasn''t pulled up any trees for us since returning, so no. No chance. Not fair on our other forwards.

I''m surprised Wiz has resisted putting his 2 penneth in! As much as I like ''Jamie-lad'' I just don''t think he''s up to the job. Lee will be our main man come Sunday lunchtime!!

[quote user="Iwan is God"]I''m surprised Wiz has resisted putting his 2 penneth in! As much as I like ''Jamie-lad'' I just don''t think he''s up to the job. Lee will be our main man come Sunday lunchtime!![/quote]

I''ll say this Iwan, baring injuries, you should never change a winning side.

in Jas''s defence - we all cringe at hearing the name Danny Haynes and perhaps it''s the other way round with the one or two fans that the binner''s have

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="Dan-NCFC"]

I''d be all for that,

[/quote]

Remind us again how many winners he''s banged in for us in over 20 games this year?
[/quote]

He has missed less sitters than the rest of them though ...................strange that ......you fu****s never notice those sorts of things do you?

[quote user="barclay seats 4849 "][quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="Dan-NCFC"]

I''d be all for that,

[/quote]Remind us again how many winners he''s banged in for us in over 20 games this year?[/quote]

He has missed less sitters than the rest of them though ...................strange that ......you fu****s never notice those sorts of things do you?

[/quote]There is much discussion on this site about Cureton missing sitters I''m surprised you have managed to miss all those posts from your lofty perch.Try using the search box and entering ''sitter'' Four posts from after JC was dropped, page after page discussing Jamie. link

I just hope that some mug of a manager takes him off our hands this summer. I won''t call him a donkey as that wouldn''t be fair to those dumb creatures. [:S]

[/quote]

I agree Jas, was saying yesterday that Jamie would be in his element playing with a big guy like Lee, I would have him on the bench against Ipswich too.

I always liked Cureton cause he is Norwich through and through and he was a very talented goalscorer in his DAY!

But this season he was given chances by Roedernowhere and Gunn and didn''t take them, in fact if he''d of scored just 3-4 of the out and out chances hes missed then we''d be safe now. I think Curetons problem with Norwich was that he tryed to hard and this led to his poor form.

Given his poor record this season I don''t think hes worth more of a chance than those that have been ahead of him in the que like messrs Mcdonald, Gow, Lee, and Mooney.

My only concern about Cureton is the 2 goals he scored while on loan at Barnsley may help to relegate us!

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Iwan is God"]I''m surprised Wiz has resisted putting his 2 penneth in! As much as I like ''Jamie-lad'' I just don''t think he''s up to the job. Lee will be our main man come Sunday lunchtime!![/quote]

I''ll say this Iwan, baring injuries, you should never change a winning side.

[/quote]

Unless you''re Bryan Brap

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]the case for Cureton vs Ipswich[/quote]All our other players die in mysterious gardening accidents.

Well if Curo can only raise his attitude in training for certain games then it says something about his general attitude.