Sign in to follow this  
matt crowhurst

PARKING ON SUNDAY?????

Hi, does anyone know where i can park on Sunday, which is as near to the ground (if you can call it that) as possible as i am driving down but cannot walk too far due to having an operation on my foot last week?thanks in advance and i think we will win and stay up though it depends on Alan Lee after his performance yesterday, which i thought was outstanding, and whether he can stay on the pitch for the whole game

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]Hi, does anyone know where i can park on Sunday, which is as near to the ground (if you can call it that) as possible as i am driving down but cannot walk too far due to having an operation on my foot last week?thanks in advance and i think we will win and stay up though it depends on Alan Lee after his performance yesterday, which i thought was outstanding, and whether he can stay on the pitch for the whole game[/quote]Cardinal''s Park is near (about 5 minutes), but you''ll have to get there really early to get a space.  There''s parking at the Buttermarket in the town centre as well, which is about a 10/15 minute walk.  I guess you could also park at the train station which is another 10/15 minute walk.

Last season I took the car and parked close by. I think it was this carpark: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?sourceid=navclient&q=ipswich&ie=UTF8&split=0&gl=uk&ll=52.058308,1.149032&spn=0.001008,0.002148&t=h&z=19

It is a maximum stay of 2.5 hours, so you need to time it right to get to the game and back to the car within that time limit. We sat in the car until about 30 minutes before k/o and then bought a ticket before walking down to the ground.

Thanks for the info guys, Matt do you not get a ticket as you go through the barrier entering the car park or have ipshit not caught up with technology yet!!!!!

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]Thanks for the info guys, Matt do you not get a ticket as you go through the barrier entering the car park or have ipshit not caught up with technology yet!!!!!
[/quote]

No, it was still pay and display last season, so as long as no traffic warden about you can wait as long as you want before buying a ticket.

There''s a car park right next to the ground, less than 5 mins walk to the visitors entrance, takes about 30 mins to get out but they keep the Norwich fans in for 20 mins anyway.

thanks CA, im assuming that i would need to be there at least an hour before kick off to get a space. do you know how much they charge for the pleasure?

This might help you for the car park adjacent to the ground

FANS heading for Portman Road this season will face increased car parking charges, after a rise was given the go-ahead.

The concessionary rate of £3.50 for supporters will be abolished and replaced with the standard tariff of £4.40 in four council-run central car parks.

or there is the Cardinal Park car park where all the eating places are like Old Orleans, Frankie and Benny etc etc but I''m not sure how much that is. That car park is about 10 mins walk to the ground.

This might also help you

http://www.touchlocal.com/nat/c-3240-t-12917-Car+Parks-Ipswich

Enjoy your day Matt [:D]

If you park in the car park next to the ground take any Norwich stickers out of the car.

Thanks CA for all of your help, think im going to go for this one but good point on the stickers will make sure i take them out. Are you going? if so hope you can enjoy it too though it does depend on the score tho providing alan lee takes a few out i''ll be happy

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]Thanks CA for all of your help, think im going to go for this one but good point on the stickers will make sure i take them out. Are you going? if so hope you can enjoy it too though it does depend on the score tho providing alan lee takes a few out i''ll be happy
[/quote]

Yes I''ll be there Matt but won''t enjoy the day much as I get too stressed for the ''''derby'''' games. Plus I have a few close Ipswich fans who''ll I''ll be meeting up with for an early breakie and then for a meal after the game which is always a bit awkward for one party unless its a draw.[:)]

Enjoy  the day!

I alwys use the multi-storey car park which is next door to the train station,always plenty of space and its free at the weekends.Word of advice,on departure turn right ,dont go left as you come on to the main road,you will be there a long time.