Sign in to follow this  
Salopian

Any one to be a prophet?

The next week or two will be unbearable as we wait to see which teams are relegated. It is all the more difficult because it will be some time before we have a ruling from the FA on Southampton''s financial position.Here goes:Charlton seem to have too much to do, even though they have good enough players to defeat us. I hopwe that we have collected enough points by then not to need to beat them.Who goes down with them? I think that Barnsley are the most likely, despite the game in hand. Their fixtures are tough, apart from the next game against Coventry which they could win.Between Norwich, Forrest and Southampton it is difficult. Perhaps the most encouraging thing is that they play each other in the final game and they can''t both win this.I think that Forrest have the best chance, despite recent injuries and suspension. They have Coventry at home as well as Southampton, and Blackpool away - no the most challenging list. I( expect them to finish on 53 points.Southampton like us have two away games and one at home. The best I can see is three draws, but if they were lucky to win one, then they could finish on 51 points. The problem is that like Forrest they have some good players and have been under-performing.So it''s all in our own hands. Two wins out of three and we are virtually safe. One win and a draw will not be enough. So which Norwich shall we see at the three games, - the one which played Cardiff and Watford, or the one which surrenders? We may know on Sunday.

[quote user="Salopian"]The next week or two will be unbearable as we wait to see which teams are relegated. It is all the more difficult because it will be some time before we have a ruling from the FA on Southampton''s financial position.

Here goes:
Charlton seem to have too much to do, even though they have good enough players to defeat us. I hopwe that we have collected enough points by then not to need to beat them.

Who goes down with them? I think that Barnsley are the most likely, despite the game in hand. Their fixtures are tough, apart from the next game against Coventry which they could win.

Between Norwich, Forrest and Southampton it is difficult. Perhaps the most encouraging thing is that they play each other in the final game and they can''t both win this.

I think that Forrest have the best chance, despite recent injuries and suspension. They have Coventry at home as well as Southampton, and Blackpool away - no the most challenging list. I( expect them to finish on 53 points.

Southampton like us have two away games and one at home. The best I can see is three draws, but if they were lucky to win one, then they could finish on 51 points. The problem is that like Forrest they have some good players and have been under-performing.

So it''s all in our own hands. Two wins out of three and we are virtually safe. One win and a draw will not be enough. So which Norwich shall we see at the three games, - the one which played Cardiff and Watford, or the one which surrenders? We may know on Sunday.

[/quote]

Not exactly prophetic or new information!  We are out of the relegation zone so of course it is in our hands.

I have a prophecy for you - there will be at least one yellow card in the derby....

City to defeat Ipswich and Reading but lose to Charlton - This will see us safe.

I still fancy Southampton to get something from Sheff Wed and Burnley - so they are not dead and buried.

Forest will drop (even though they will beat Southampton) and Barnsley could take Southampton to the wire.

But i''m gonna put my neck on the line and go with - Charlton, Forest and Southampton.

Palace will free-fall but escape as too will Plymouth.