Sign in to follow this  
pennywise

chelsea v liverpool

it was one of the best games i have ever seen i would have rather seen liverpool win but alex,lampard''s second and fabio aurelio goals were brillant

Unlike most other football fans - especially the younger ones - I view last nights game as comedy football. The continental teams must have been watching in horror at what football has become - and a quarter final in The Champions league at that. 100 mph football with lots and lots and lots of mistakes. Little to be proud of, with Chelsea privately furious of a blaze display.

All this may make good television, but from a technical point of view it was a horror show. This is what the Premier League revels in, but you do have to wonder where this will end? I''ve played a lot of local football over the years, but never been involved in such a shambles as what I saw last night - If I''d of played like Cech I would of been dropped for a month. Not good enough.

[quote user="komakino"]Unlike most other football fans - especially the younger ones - I view last nights game as comedy football. The continental teams must have been watching in horror at what football has become - and a quarter final in The Champions league at that. 100 mph football with lots and lots and lots of mistakes. Little to be proud of, with Chelsea privately furious of a blaze display. All this may make good television, but from a technical point of view it was a horror show. This is what the Premier League revels in, but you do have to wonder where this will end? I''ve played a lot of local football over the years, but never been involved in such a shambles as what I saw last night - If I''d of played like Cech I would of been dropped for a month. Not good enough.[/quote]i agree with the Cech comment...but it was a very entertaining game to watch...and after all we go and watch football to be entertained!!! and win of corse

I disagree with Komakino. last night turned out that way because there was everything to play for

can you really say that another team would have stopped Aurelio or Alex''s goals?

the Premier League does idolise the attacking play but don''t forget that it also has players like Terry, Ferdinand, Vidic to name but 3, who are in my opinion the best defenders in the world.

i want English teams to keep dominating the Champions League so that the best players in the world know this is the league to come to. Would love to see Messi playing in the Premiership one day, for example.

One thing that did make me cross last night was Clive Tyldesley''s commentary - some Chelsea fans tried to look at his screen when Drogba''s free kick touched the side netting and he said "stay at home at watch it on ITV next time" bet his employers liked that but that''s shameful imo. fans should be encouraged to go to games to keep it alive. i guess it was a throw away comment but the way ITV sells itself to death really annoys me

[quote user="San Miguel"]

I disagree with Komakino. last night turned out that way because there was everything to play for

can you really say that another team would have stopped Aurelio or Alex''s goals?

the Premier League does idolise the attacking play but don''t forget that it also has players like Terry, Ferdinand, Vidic to name but 3, who are in my opinion the best defenders in the world.

i want English teams to keep dominating the Champions League so that the best players in the world know this is the league to come to. Would love to see Messi playing in the Premiership one day, for example.

One thing that did make me cross last night was Clive Tyldesley''s commentary - some Chelsea fans tried to look at his screen when Drogba''s free kick touched the side netting and he said "stay at home at watch it on ITV next time" bet his employers liked that but that''s shameful imo. fans should be encouraged to go to games to keep it alive. i guess it was a throw away comment but the way ITV sells itself to death really annoys me

[/quote]Also clives impression of Guss Hiddink was poor and he should keep his mouth shut sometimes

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"] 

Only negativity towards Chelsea. Because I hate Chelsea. And so should any football fan in my opinion in the way that Abramovich''s money alone has made them one of the best teams in the world in the space of one season.

[/quote]So how is that any different from the others? They are all only there because they have money. It stopped being a "reasonably" level playing field about 20 years ago, when they stopped sharing the gate money equally.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[quote user="STAR IN THE HOOD"]Why the negativity towards English sides?[/quote]

Only negativity towards Chelsea. Because I hate Chelsea. And so should any football fan in my opinion in the way that Abramovich''s money alone has made them one of the best teams in the world in the space of one season.

[/quote]Surely you mean failed to make them one of the best teams in the world?