Sign in to follow this  
JG27

Spillane signs new deal

Michael Spillane has agreed a new contract with City.

I hope he comes back refreshed from Luton and will be given his chance to play a role in next season. Agree? Disagree? Your Views?

A Good squad player is all I can ever see him being. I do like him though obviously wants it alot more than Martin.

you can bet your bottom dollar he will be a great little player , as roeder didnt want him !!!

im pleased for the lad , i hope he comes back and do well for us , same for martin if he stays .

Great news. The Luton spell will have done him good. He comes back into the group of defenders, and although I don''t expect to be a regular, he will have a part to play.

Good young blood that wants to play for the club, and has the potential to do a job and maybe more for us (unlike many that have pulled the shirt on at some point this season). I am pleased.

[quote user="singing canary"]

you can bet your bottom dollar he will be a great little player , as roeder didnt want him !!!

im pleased for the lad , i hope he comes back and do well for us , same for martin if he stays .

[/quote]

I disagree that Roeder didnt want him.

I think sending them out on loan was the right decision. Not taking on the recall option was the mistake. If they had stayed here they would have played max 10 games each.

They have went away, got some "hairs on there chest" and been involved with a team that must make Norwich seem like Barcelona. They will come back wiser, hungrier, more experienced and better players.

Unless he''s come on leaps and bounds at Luton I can''t see him being more than some kind of backup defensive player.

Still...suppose we might as well have him than loan in another youngster just to act as cover.

Posted earlier today about Spillane:[quote user="Camuldonum"]

Here is a hint:

"I have to look at the future. I have had several offers including

City but I''m going to take a good look around first. Norwich hasn''t

been that happy for me but since then I have had others interested so I

must have a think about it really."

He''s not terribly difficult to track down, Tilly, even by the standards of your former employers.

Evenin'' all and unreported by an apparently disinterested EDP sports department. 

Come on, catch up chaps.[;)] 

[/quote]Maybe Archant already knew there wasn''t a story in it so made no effort to fabricate one?

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

Spillane signing on for another two years is good news.

[/quote]That is it, he will be a good prospect for us and should been in contention for our squad now really. Damn Roeder for pushing him out!Any news on Martin?

Superb news as I expect him to be a regualr next season probably ar right back where we desperately need strengthening defensively. Fantastic that we have another player on our books who''s actually our player. [:D][:D]

Why is Roeder getting a slating for sending Martin and Spillane out on loan?Neither would''ve had more than a handful of games this season and both shoudl come back vastly improved. We should be thanking the bloke

[quote user="Buckethead"]Maybe Archant already knew there wasn''t a story in it so made no effort to fabricate one?[/quote]Bit like those throwaway comments from Peter Cullum that were turned into exclusives you mean? [;)]

[quote user="BIC"]Why is Roeder getting a slating for sending Martin and Spillane out on loan?

Neither would''ve had more than a handful of games this season and both shoudl come back vastly improved.
We should be thanking the bloke
[/quote]

I see where your comming from but i dont hink Roeder wanted these lads back, he loaned then to get shot of them rather than improve them, If Roeder had been here i dont doubt for one min that Spillane wouldnt have been offered a new contract and that the club may well have accepted the bid luton put in for the players January.

Good work Bryan Gunn, Spillane is only 19 and will either be a major part of the team in league one or pushing for a place in the championship. Saves us money either way.