Sign in to follow this  
On the way to Yeovil

Last 3 games a different view point

I was looking at the last 3 games and noticed something that may effect the results

Ipswich have nothing to play for apart from pride, and going on their last few games there seems to be little of that at Poo Road.

The team is made up of players that have very little of the old school, up for the old farm derby, look or feel about them.

I can see this as a three point game for us, one point at the worst.

Reading by the time we play them, automatic promotion is likely to be out of reach, so will they be more concerened with the play offs, and keeping their main players fit and card free.

I think that is the case or Reading, so again three points or at worst case one point.

Charlton will be gone by the time we play them, players are not likely to want to injure themselves prior to summer hols, or pick up bookings.

Failing that their manager is likely to play youth or fringe players, which I think will struggle against an up for it Norwich, so three points

To sum up we should secure five points minimum or maximum nine points, either way this should see us safe.

Ipswich is a derby match.  Reading is on Sky, and you know how good we are on Sky, and Charlton ?  One word, and it''s not pretty - Fulham.I''m worried.

[quote user="On the way to Yeovil"]

I was looking at the last 3 games and noticed something that may effect the results

Ipswich have nothing to play for apart from pride, and going on their last few games there seems to be little of that at Poo Road.

The team is made up of players that have very little of the old school, up for the old farm derby, look or feel about them.

I can see this as a three point game for us, one point at the worst.

Reading by the time we play them, automatic promotion is likely to be out of reach, so will they be more concerened with the play offs, and keeping their main players fit and card free.

I think that is the case or Reading, so again three points or at worst case one point.

Charlton will be gone by the time we play them, players are not likely to want to injure themselves prior to summer hols, or pick up bookings.

Failing that their manager is likely to play youth or fringe players, which I think will struggle against an up for it Norwich, so three points

To sum up we should secure five points minimum or maximum nine points, either way this should see us safe.

[/quote]

There is enough feeling at Ipswich for them to want to beat us, and most of the players were at CR for their beating earlier in the season so will want revenge - do not think they will roll over as you indicate.

Reading I agree might have their eyes on other things but are still a very good team.

Charlton will be relegated by the time we play them and a lot of the players will be thinking about next season and what club they want to leave for and so will be out to impress.  Do not think we will beat them.

Never underestimate the impact of playing for pride.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Ipswich is a derby match.  Reading is on Sky, and you know how good we are on Sky, and Charlton ?  One word, and it''s not pretty - Fulham.I''m worried.[/quote]I''d have to say this is the more realistic viewpoint.We''re poor on sky. Derby games the teams are always up for and we are never good on the last day. Charlton will not want to go down with a wimper- those players are in the shop window.

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"][quote user="blahblahblah"]Ipswich is a derby match.  Reading is on Sky, and you know how good we are on Sky, and Charlton ?  One word, and it''s not pretty - Fulham.

I''m worried.
[/quote]

I''d have to say this is the more realistic viewpoint.

We''re poor on sky. Derby games the teams are always up for and we are never good on the last day. Charlton will not want to go down with a wimper- those players are in the shop window.
[/quote]

We did big time!

My forecast is 5pts and just enough

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Ipswich is a derby match.  Reading is on Sky, and you know how good we are on Sky, and Charlton ?  One word, and it''s not pretty - Fulham.

I''m worried.
[/quote]

I posted on here prior to the Watford game "Screwed or Not Screwed" and stated we were screwed.

I thought Watford was one of the hardest of all the games left, as Watford are a strange side, not as bad as their league position suggests.

If we get "Good Norwich" then I think things will go our way.

As for Ipswich, as I said the days of the die hard blue nose players like Fab Winless have gone, I see no real fight or spirit there and we have Alan Lee!

Reading on Sky, what was our last game on Sky result?

Poor on Sky? 

Norwich 2-0 Ip***ch.  Lee Croftygoal!  Matty Pattygoal!  If you take our last match on Sky, then not so bad you would say.....

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"][quote user="blahblahblah"]Ipswich is a derby match.  Reading is on Sky, and you know how good we are on Sky, and Charlton ?  One word, and it''s not pretty - Fulham.

I''m worried.
[/quote]

I''d have to say this is the more realistic viewpoint.

We''re poor on sky. Derby games the teams are always up for and we are never good on the last day. Charlton will not want to go down with a wimper- those players are in the shop window.
[/quote]

And so are some of our loanees in the shop window, do they want relegation on their CV''s, I think not

There''s also the possibility that sides with nothing to play for do very well because they play without fear. They can just play freely without worrying about losing. I have stated before that I have a good feeling about Ipswich, but I''m still twitchy about that and I am especially worried about the other two.

At least we can not now be relegated at Portman Road; that would be too awful to contemplate.

It''s a nice thought, but even if it were true that teams with nothing to play for won''t fight as much, it would only be relevant if it didn''t apply to the other relegation candidates.  As it is, one could make a similar case for any of them e.g., Barnsley (playing Reading who, according to the OP, are likely to be saving their best players for the play offs) then Coventry (nothing to play for) then Wolves (likely to be champions by then and probably hung over from their celebrations) and then Plymouth (nothing to play for) so on that basis you''d expect Barnsley to get 12 points. 

[quote user="Empty Mirror"]

It''s a nice thought, but even if it were true that teams with nothing to play for won''t fight as much, it would only be relevant if it didn''t apply to the other relegation candidates.  As it is, one could make a similar case for any of them e.g., Barnsley (playing Reading who, according to the OP, are likely to be saving their best players for the play offs) then Coventry (nothing to play for) then Wolves (likely to be champions by then and probably hung over from their celebrations) and then Plymouth (nothing to play for) so on that basis you''d expect Barnsley to get 12 points. 

[/quote]

Crash and down to earth , Spoil my fun then