Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Leicester relegated last year with 52!

I''ve just looked at last year''s final table and it makes pretty chilling reading. I don''t think i ever realised they went down with that many points.

I''ve gone back as far as 2001 and no side has been relegated on that many points before. Walsall went down one year with 51 but other than that it''s low to mid 40s that has been the ''watermark'' for going down.

Depends on results of teams around us but from here it''s hard to conclude we can survive with anything less than two wins and a draw given that Saints and Forest are both starting to turn in good results. :(

I think i want to leave the country for a few weeks and just come back when it''s all done and dusted either way. I can''t take it otherwise.

That would mean that Forest would need 7 points from their 3 remaining games and Barnsley would need the same from their tough 4 games. Bansley have Reading and Wolves plus a resurgent Plymouth away in that lot. I agree that forests run in is easier but they have lost Earnshaw. They also have to play Southhampton which for me could be a crunch game.52 will be more than enough for our safety given our goal difference. i.e. 2 more wins. But I for one think 4 point will do the job.

[quote user="Croft Has Fcuked Up A Cross Again"]This year is completely different. Different situations and different teams involved. No two seasons are the same! Have faith![/quote]

Absolutely.

Last year when Leicester were in a similar situation to us... Leicester 4 Norwich 0 ( Leicester were relegated despite having a respectable goal difference )

This year... Norwich 4 Barnsley 0 ( Norwich were ********* despite having a respectable goal difference )

Me no like this comparison [:''(]

[quote user="Canary Pirate"]

Last year when Leicester were in a similar situation to us... Leicester 4 Norwich 0 ( Leicester were relegated despite having a respectable goal difference )

This year... Norwich 4 Barnsley 0 ( Norwich were ********* despite having a respectable goal difference )

Me no like this comparison [:''(]

[/quote]we also thrashed the champions away.. youve thrashed wolves..anyway, like people have said no season is the same and you''ll be fine - just hope forest are too so i have 3 derby games to look forward too!!good luck