Sign in to follow this  
JuanVelasco

Kris Renton is a dissapointment!

Expected him to go to Kings Lynn to get match fit and show the potential that he so obviously had....... 7 games later and he hasnt scored! 

Dont know where that leaves him really, no goals in 7 games in the Blue Square North probably means that he isnt going to make much of an impression anywhere else....

The lad is only 18/19 I suppose.... but still, you would have expected him to have hit the net?

I know Lynn are not having a great time at the minute and it is a tough , physical league . He has been dropped to the bench recently and they only have two games left this season so perhaps the lad is not quite there for us and needs to be at Lynn longer  

[quote user="ryan85k"]

Expected him to go to Kings Lynn to get match fit and show the potential that he so obviously had....... 7 games later and he hasnt scored! 

Dont know where that leaves him really, no goals in 7 games in the Blue Square North probably means that he isnt going to make much of an impression anywhere else....

The lad is only 18/19 I suppose.... but still, you would have expected him to have hit the net?

[/quote]

He has been a major disappointment at Lynn. Speaking to regular supporters it''s clear that he has made little impression and the average comment is along the lines of "if he''s the future of Norwich they''re in big trouble".

He''s another good example of how some of us seem to overrate our young players. He never looked anything special at all yet you still found people who were suggesting he should be in the first team squad.

[quote user="gary "]I know Lynn are not having a great time at the minute and it is a tough , physical league . He has been dropped to the bench recently and they only have two games left this season so perhaps the lad is not quite there for us and needs to be at Lynn longer  [/quote]

May be a season with Luton next season would be ideal. Their manager use to be a centre forward so I should imagine he could teach Renton how to be a good centre forward.

I''ve seen him play for Lynn very recently and wasn''t impressed at all plus if he isn''t good enough for their team what future does he have with us?.

I saw the guy in the reserves and youth team and I wasn''t impressed and wondered what all the fuss was about!

The fact hes on loan at King''s Lynn rather than a higher level team says it all really!

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

You have to give players time to come back from serious injuries such as a broken leg.

Secondly a 10 minute sub appearance as in a recent game doesnt give him much of a chance to impress.

[/quote]

Hes been back from that broken leg for about a year! Plenty enough time!

I would say that he, like other young players, have been disadvantaged by Roeders decision to get rid of the reserves.... he deserves more time for that. He has another year on his contract, but we cant make the same mistakes again, get him out on loan for the full season..... and see how he gets on.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

I saw the guy in the reserves and youth team and I wasn''t impressed and wondered what all the fuss was about!

The fact hes on loan at King''s Lynn rather than a higher level team says it all really!

[/quote]

This was before the broken leg!

Couple or 3 seasons back I used to have a laugh with my mates every game cause Rentons picture was in the academy section every game as if he was our only academy player!

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

You have to give players time to come back from serious injuries such as a broken leg.

Secondly a 10 minute sub appearance as in a recent game doesnt give him much of a chance to impress.

[/quote]

Hes been back from that broken leg for about a year! Plenty enough time!

I would say that he, like other young players, have been disadvantaged by Roeders decision to get rid of the reserves.... he deserves more time for that. He has another year on his contract, but we cant make the same mistakes again, get him out on loan for the full season..... and see how he gets on.

[/quote]

Exactly, he needs regular football.

Let''s not write him off yet. it maybe that he''s struggling with the injury still (and it was a really horrific one) and his fitness due to a lack of matches as Roeder''s decision to get rid of the reserves and fill it with the odd match against opposition like Lowestoft. Sometimes aswell things just dont work out at a particular club and it''s hard to know wh, yet he may go to another club and find his feet and do well. I''m happy to wait and see before deciding he''s rubbish.

[quote user="ridgeman"]

Another of Grants classic signings that has shown little or no ability but is Scottish.

[/quote]He was brought in in the Summer of 2006, Grant didn''t turn up until October/November. Can''t blame him for this one.