Sign in to follow this  
Camuldonum

Luton gone

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

So Martin/Spillane available for those who want.  Jarvis/McVeigh currently unclear.

[/quote] the 2 loanee''s aren''t going anywhere until Gunnys had a good long look at them over summer.

Doesn''t a more accurate journalistic report look something like this:

Luton Chairman Nick Owen stated the objective will be to retain as many players for next season as they can in an attempt to quickly regain their football league status. Of course, other clubs that own players that have been on loan to Luton will be making decisions regarding the players they own accordingly. 

Good to see you not missing an opportunity to "stir" Cam.

I just checked google maps and Luton is still on there?Oh wait, you mean the football team has been relegated.    Thanks for letting us know, not sure we would have found out otherwise.

[quote user="Duffman"]I just checked google maps and Luton is still on there?Oh wait, you mean the football team has been relegated.    Thanks for letting us know, not sure we would have found out otherwise.

[/quote]Spot on. I enjoy Cams posts (sometimes) but he can be v. patronising

So Martin/Spillane available for those who want.  Jarvis/McVeigh currently unclear.

[/quote]

I cannot recall Gunny making any decisions about the two lads belonging to OUR football club as yet.Have i missed a link somewhere along the line posted by the font of all footballing knowledge for us mere mortals who cannot read newspapers or explore the internet.Heaven forbid that we look on the Luton website if so desired.

Yes i know sarcasm is the lowest form of wit but i just could not help myself.

[/quote]

Does that mean that we can have Martin and Spillane available for selection against Ipswich and our remaining fixtures? Is that what you are implying by ''those who want.'' Or what is the point of your post?

In what way were Jarvis/McVeigh unclear? Had they been drowning their sorrows on a bender with Martin?

Oooh can I join in? Can I? Puuurrrrrlease!!!!!BURN THE JOURNO!!!!!!!1BURN THE CAM11!!11!11hOw dear you tell us abbouT aomething tht every singl pster already nows. Unite all posters with over 2,000 posts and drive this nefarious journalist from our local message board. It must be done and it must be done tonight!W*nkers [:|][:|][:|][:|]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

I cannot recall Gunny making any decisions about the two lads belonging to OUR football club as yet.Have i missed a link somewhere along the line posted by the font of all footballing knowledge for us mere mortals who cannot read newspapers or explore the internet.Heaven forbid that we look on the Luton website if so desired.

[/quote]

Absolutely biting sarcasm Tilly perhaps even awesome.

Being a journalist and being a former police constable is more or less saying the same thing wouldn''t you say?

You and I have a lot in common: we are both generally regarded as scum (although, of course, not in Norfolk).

More interesting are Spillane''s comments as to his (undecided) future not as yet reported by your local newspaper.

Why is that do you think?  Squeezed out by space or they didn''t ring him? [:|]

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Being a journalist and being a former police constable is more or less saying the same thing wouldn''t you say?

You and I have a lot in common: we are both generally regarded as scum (although, of course, not in Norfolk).

More interesting are Spillane''s comments as to his (undecided) future not as yet reported by your local newspaper.

[/quote]

Nice one Cam, is that the sound of flaming torches being extinguished by the baying mob?

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think you are trying to be all things to all men Cam old boy.Patronising me by calling me Tilly but then saying that i am pigeon holed as scum coupled with yet another dig at Archant.You just cannot help yourself can you?

Thing is as much as we care about the future of Martin and Spillane we are less than a week away from playing our biggest rivals and all eyes in this neck of the woods are focused solely on next Sunday.Next will come Reading followed by Charlton.The two young men you talk of are with the greatest respect not on the radar.We are more worried about what is going on at Forest and Barnsley not forgetting Southampton.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]Thank you for speaking on behalf of all City fans Tilly.

Much appreciated [:|]
[/quote]

But he''s right on this occasion, the majority of fans will be more worried at the moment about the game on Sunday and our league position than the future of Spillane and Martin.

Here is a hint:

"I have to look at the future. I have had several offers including City but I''m going to take a good look around first. Norwich hasn''t been that happy for me but since then I have had others interested so I must have a think about it really."

He''s not terribly difficult to track down, Tilly, even by the standards of your former employers.

Evenin'' all and unreported by an apparently disinterested EDP sports department. 

Come on, catch up chaps.[;)] 

I feel very naughty getting involved in this; I hate ''telling off'' other posters and am very much the live-and-let-live type of person, otherwise known as a hippy.

However Cam has of late become increasingly more and more patronising and runs the risk of turning himself into a Smudger type character; someone with a lot of interesting stuff to say but it all getting lost in a maelstrom of charicature. We all know Martin and Spillane are returning to the club soon. We all know they''d have returned whether Luton were relegated or not. We also have much, much more important things to worry about like going away to the scum and staring relegation in the face. Jarvis and McVeigh being Luton players too does not make much difference in any case.

I''ve gone on the record before as saying I liked Cam''s postings so please don''t cry yourself to sleep on my account.

Evenin'' all and unreported by an apparently disinterested EDP sports department. 

[/quote]

Then why post on an Archant message board if you have such a low opinion of them Cam??

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

Then why post on an Archant message board if you have such a low opinion of them Cam??

[/quote]

I think Cam is after the low-hanging fruit and thinks we ( Archant ) are easy pickings. Climbing a tree and doing some real journalistic work is probably a little beyond him at this point.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]Thank you for speaking on behalf of all City fans Tilly.

Much appreciated [:|]
[/quote]

Don''t call him ''Tilly'', its patronising.

I think poor little Shack Attack might be a bit PMT.    Either that or he/she is a proper hard nut, writing the word W*nkers.   What a dare devil he/she is.

[quote user="Duffman"]I think poor little Shack Attack might be a bit PMT.   

Either that or he/she is a proper hard nut, writing the word W*nkers.   What a dare devil he/she is.

[/quote]

Yep, I''m almost as hard as those who form a little group to attack an ''outsider'' for having the temerity to post on our message board. I thought w*nkers was quite polite to be honest [;)]

errr back to the original point....

I think luton fans have been waiting for the inevitable since about Christmas, last weekend europhia, this weekend complete and utter sadness....the club will be playing the likes of Stevenage Borough (ironically only 10 miles away from Luton if that)

They are having a parade on Sunday for winning the Johnstones Paint Trophy wonder how many Luton fans will attend this now the clubs relegation has been confirmed?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Sorry Cam i thought this was a Norwich City board... who gives a flying fig about Luton?

jas :)

[/quote]

Everybody who cares about football in this country should.

It is not a parochial game, every team needs opposition to play and therefore the welfare of our great game should matter to all.

The predecessors at Luton acted against the rules and regulations of the FA but it is the fans, as always, who suffer.

That''s why taking and interest in what goes on, not just at your own club is important.

Most important however is to watch closely all those things done in the name of NCFC because ultimately if the custodians of our club cock up, it will be all the fans who suffer.

So have a little feeling for the fans of Luton Town (the bastards that knocked us out in 59 bl***dy Billy Bingham) because this was not their fault but someone acting on THEIR behalf.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Sorry Cam i thought this was a Norwich City board... who gives a flying fig about Luton?

jas :)

[/quote]

Everybody who cares about football in this country should.

It is not a parochial game, every team needs opposition to play and therefore the welfare of our great game should matter to all.

The predecessors at Luton acted against the rules and regulations of the FA but it is the fans, as always, who suffer.

That''s why taking and interest in what goes on, not just at your own club is important.

Most important however is to watch closely all those things done in the name of NCFC because ultimately if the custodians of our club cock up, it will be all the fans who suffer.

So have a little feeling for the fans of Luton Town (the bastards that knocked us out in 59 bl***dy Billy Bingham) because this was not their fault but someone acting on THEIR behalf.

[/quote]

Spot on. As I''ve posted on another thread, the perpetrators disappear leaving the fans to suffer. Unfortunately, given the murkiness surrounding most clubs'' affairs, there is no reason to feel confident that it couldn''t happen to us, so let''s keep the high horses in the stables!

Gary Doherty is a luton fan he scored on the same day as they went down he watched them win at wembly last sunday but luton will be up again next season,poor doc but  now he can concetrate on helping us stay up now