Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Tomorrow's match ball

You obviously mean yello - and I am not sure I beleive you!

I was under the impression that the yellow ball thing - between Ist November and end of Feb (?) was only done in the Football League. 

This originally started as an experiment and was deemed such a success that the Football League carried it on.  Even though the Premier League chose to ignore it. 

The Premier League have never switched to a yellow ball during the season.  The Premier League use a different make of ball to the Football League.

The yellow Nike ball is making its Premiership debut tomorrow and will be used in every Premiership game until February 28.

In the highly unlikely..er hmm...event of us being behind at half time will Worthy do an Alex Ferguson and demand that we change into the green shirts because the ball is camouflaged against our yellow ones?

I stand corrected.

In the time honoured tradition of this board......... there now needs to follow 7 or 8 replies between us apologising for any offence caused, explaining that I was only making a point and not casting doom and gloom, etc, etc.

I was always under the impression we were rubbish with the yellow ball as our season used to die off around christmas.  Hopefully the Premier is becoming more like the good old Nationwide - the next thing we need to change is that ridiculous Premier League Anthem and handshake non-sense before kick-off.