Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

The Watford fans

Yes Smithy, this was commented on a lot around me. Maybe they needed Lee Marshall to strut his stuff in their faces to liven them up a bit[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Yes Smithy, this was commented on a lot around me. Maybe they needed Lee Marshall to strut his stuff in their faces to liven them up a bit[;)]

[/quote]

Yeah,think i was at that one!Went down really well if i remember!

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t think I have ever seen so many things rain down onto the pitch[:@]..... however many of them went home with one shoe??? [:D]

So what. Our away support always sits down as well. As annoying as that is.

Yes Maldini, then when you try and stand-up you get some arrogant tosser behind you, telling you to sit down, which i think if you don''t like people standing at away games, why bother?

[quote user="ncfc90"]Yes Maldini, then when you try and stand-up you get some arrogant tosser behind you, telling you to sit down, which i think if you don''t like people standing at away games, why bother?[/quote]Yep. I was at Sheffield earlier this season, not back row but the one in front and stood. Bloke behind taps on shoulder asking me to sit. It was unreserved seating as well. Why go to back row if you want to sit? We swapped seats in the end so all was well. Still crap atmosphere  as the majority sat and didn''t sing.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Herman "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t think I have ever seen so many things rain down onto the pitch[:@]..... however many of them went home with one shoe??? [:D]

[/quote]

He never meant it,honest guv!!! Whatever did happen to him? I know we got a surprisingly large sum for him but nothing since!

Last I heard was that he broke his leg playing on loan for Hull a few seasons ago. I always thought he blew hot and cold for us and I remember him having a right sulk after being subbed up at Burnley one night. I guess the bad blood between him and Watford stems from his Enfield days! Small town rivalry or what??[:O]

But with Luton gone I guess that''s all their rivals now Non-League! [;)]

[quote user="ncfc90"]Yes Maldini, then when you try and stand-up you get some arrogant tosser behind you, telling you to sit down, which i think if you don''t like people standing at away games, why bother?[/quote]

Yes, how stupid to pay £20+ for a SEAT and expect to be able to use it. If you want to stand go be a scarecrow.

[quote user="crafty canary"]

[quote user="ncfc90"]Yes Maldini, then when you try and stand-up you get some arrogant tosser behind you, telling you to sit down, which i think if you don''t like people standing at away games, why bother?[/quote]

Yes, how stupid to pay £20+ for a SEAT and expect to be able to use it. If you want to stand go be a scarecrow.

[/quote]Lucky you didn''t go to aways 20 years ago. You''re what''s wrong with 21st century football fans.

Have you ever been to vicarage road (watford''s ground) there even worse there!...The away fans tend to be the ''hardcore'' fans, the ones that make the noise....I''ve been to watford 3 times, twice with norwich, once with palace for a cup game...worse fans by far

In particular the palace game, it was a cracking cup game which they won 4-3 and besides the goals being scored i kid you not they did not make a sound

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]I must have imagined the Doncaster and QPR games when a lot of us stood for the entire match.[/quote]You''ve picked 2 games out of 21.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]And? You said our away support always sits down. Which is quite obviously wrong.[/quote]Obviously when I say always I mean the vast majority. Stop nitpicking. I''d rather our away support stood every game but it doesn''t happen for about 85% of away games and that is true.

Yes Smithy, we all wondered about that, they were so polite, bit of clapping and a few songs, but disappointing really, seeing they had almost filled the away end (compared to most away teams this season). I suppose they didn''t have much to play for and they are not renowned for being the loudest and most passionate fans in the world, but come on!!! If they are the most vocal element of Watford''s support we can only imagine the atmosphere when they play at home.

[quote user="maldini"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]I must have imagined the Doncaster and QPR games when a lot of us stood for the entire match.
[/quote]
You''ve picked 2 games out of 21.
[/quote]

Add Blackpool to that, and the ones towards the back at Birmingham...

[quote user="The Walking Man"]Add Blackpool to that, and the ones towards the back at Birmingham...[/quote]

I was impressed with the Stewards at the Birmingham game, at the beginning they were going to seperate the group of youngsters from the top corner but decided to let them be and stand throughout which led to a lot better atmosphere as they wouldn''t stop singing.

20 years ago you could choose to stand or sit. I would choose to stand now too if it was an option on a proper terrace area but if I''m in a seating area I''d rather sit. It''s not the same standing with all those seats in your shins.

The terraces are gone and to be honest sitting here watching the Hilsborough parents it''s the right thing that they are.

They were fun but all seater is the rule and it makes sense. If you want to stand in a seated area go to the back. If you want to be further forward sit down.

[quote user="The Walking Man"]

[quote user="maldini"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]I must have imagined the Doncaster and QPR games when a lot of us stood for the entire match.[/quote]You''ve picked 2 games out of 21.[/quote]

Add Blackpool to that, and the ones towards the back at Birmingham...

[/quote]Yeah fair enough I wasn''t at those 2 so I''ll take your word for it. Just annoys me when people like gazzathegreat slate other peoples away support when most of the time ours ain''t much better.

Got hemmed in by a family group of Watford fans in the station coffee place after the game. I said, ''thanks for the points'', and one of them said ''you''re welcome''. Nice manners, but I couldn''t help thinking it was a long way to come to not care alot about losing!

[quote user="kiwiNCFC"]Nottingham away was the only time EVERY one stood up this season.
[/quote]

Not QPR then?

Thing about it is while it makes for a good atmosphere we do sometimes need to be more considerate of all our fans. There was an old guy at QPR (even older than me[:O] ) who couldn''t have seen any of the game at all. He just spent the whole game looking at peoples backs. There was nothing I could do to help him and if the guy in front of him had sat down it would have meant both of them wouldn''t have seen the game. This guy must spend a fortune travelling around the country watching Norwich, because I see him whenever I go. I''m afraid I don''t know the answer to this problem. At Carrow Road the old guy wouldn''t have a seat at the back of the Lower Barclay but at away games we are all mixed. He was towards the front of the Lower tier that day but there were still quite a few rows standing in front of him.

[quote user="maldini"]So what. Our away support always sits down as well. As annoying as that is.[/quote]

Not strictly true, I stood up for the full 90 at QPR.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="kiwiNCFC"]Nottingham away was the only time EVERY one stood up this season.[/quote]

Not QPR then?

Thing about it is while it makes for a good atmosphere we do sometimes need to be more considerate of all our fans. There was an old guy at QPR (even older than me[:O] ) who couldn''t have seen any of the game at all. He just spent the whole game looking at peoples backs. There was nothing I could do to help him and if the guy in front of him had sat down it would have meant both of them wouldn''t have seen the game. This guy must spend a fortune travelling around the country watching Norwich, because I see him whenever I go. I''m afraid I don''t know the answer to this problem. At Carrow Road the old guy wouldn''t have a seat at the back of the Lower Barclay but at away games we are all mixed. He was towards the front of the Lower tier that day but there were still quite a few rows standing in front of him.

[/quote]Thats why away ends should always be unreserved. That way if your old or just boring and want to sit you can go to the front and not have your view impeded.