Sign in to follow this  
siforest65

Forest Fan here - your thoughts on who will go down

Talk about tight at the bottom. Just wondering what your thoughts were?.I''m hoping (obviously) that it won''t be Forest and also yourselves. I spend alot of time  in Norfolk up on the coast at Happisburgh and also deal alot with the lads at Norwich Airport who do the aircraft maintenance at KLM Engineering. So have a fair amount of affection for Norwich.I think Southampton could be a surprise package and cause a few fluters as they seem to be hitting a bit of form.My heart says it will be Barnsley but tbh in my head I reckon Forest could blow it. Our 3 remaining fixtures don''t look too bad but at this stage of the season anything can happen.

I think Barnsley too, losing Earnshaw is obviously a big blow for you but I think Barnsley have a harder run in and less quality.

I think Barnsley have a tough run in, but that does not mean much at this stage.

I do have a sneaking suspicion that Southampton will escape so think both Forest and us are still in the mix

If you had a fit earny  I would back you all the way.

It is two from Barnsley, Saints, Forest and us.

Lottery time I reckon....but I hope it is Norwich and Forest who survive, as I have always had a soft spot for them

[quote user="siforest65"]Talk about tight at the bottom. Just wondering what your thoughts were?.

I''m hoping (obviously) that it won''t be Forest and also yourselves. I spend alot of time  in Norfolk up on the coast at Happisburgh and also deal alot with the lads at Norwich Airport who do the aircraft maintenance at KLM Engineering. So have a fair amount of affection for Norwich.

I think Southampton could be a surprise package and cause a few fluters as they seem to be hitting a bit of form.

My heart says it will be Barnsley but tbh in my head I reckon Forest could blow it. Our 3 remaining fixtures don''t look too bad but at this stage of the season anything can happen.

[/quote]

As long as wolves are promoted and win the title this week....our good man Sir Mick will help out his home town club Barnsley the week after

so sorry guys Barnsley will shockingly gain 3pts vs wolves

[quote user="we8wba"]As long as wolves are promoted and win the title this week....our good man Sir Mick will help out his home town club Barnsley the week after

[/quote]Capital letters! Hmmmm!........

we8 you ''aint !!

[quote user="we8wba"]

[quote user="siforest65"]Talk about tight at the bottom. Just wondering what your thoughts were?.

I''m hoping (obviously) that it won''t be Forest and also yourselves. I spend alot of time  in Norfolk up on the coast at Happisburgh and also deal alot with the lads at Norwich Airport who do the aircraft maintenance at KLM Engineering. So have a fair amount of affection for Norwich.

I think Southampton could be a surprise package and cause a few fluters as they seem to be hitting a bit of form.

My heart says it will be Barnsley but tbh in my head I reckon Forest could blow it. Our 3 remaining fixtures don''t look too bad but at this stage of the season anything can happen.

[/quote]

As long as wolves are promoted and win the title this week....our good man Sir Mick will help out his home town club Barnsley the week after

[/quote]

I think you could be right. I posted along these lines on another thread recently but it was ignored. I''m not suggesting that Wolves would ''throw'' the match of course but if there''s nothing to play for and Mick tells them to ...''go easy''!! Lets face it McCarthy is as much a Barnsley fan as Michael Parkinson so I''m very concerned at that match. Most Norwich fans are automatically assuming three points for Wolves - we could be in for a nasty shock!

Those of us with long memories still recall how Coventry stuffed Everton in 1985 (Everton were Champions that season and rested a number of players).  Going back to end of 80-81 season when were also relegated, we lost at home to Leicester while Sunderland escaped by winning at Liverpool who were virtually unbeatable in those days at Anfield. Guess where Bob Paisley was born? I''m not normally into Conspiracy Theories but if Barnsley beat Wolves, don''t be surprised!        

Whats this about Earnalot. Is he out for the rest of the season? Heres hoping, oh happy days!

Barnsley and Saints would definitely be what my heart says. I went to the game at Forest and had a great time so will be disappointed if we can''t do it again next year. My head says I haven''t got a clue!

People seem to assume that Barnsley, just because they''re Barnsley (and because we always beat them!), don''t have any quality.

But they have Teymourian, Kozluk and Macken, all of who have premiership experience, plus Campbell-Ryce and Mifsud who attracted premier league attention while at Coventry. With the exception of Earnshaw and at a pinch Blackstock, i see less quality in the Forest side (no offence to the Forest fan who posted this!).

[quote user="a1canary"] With the exception of Earnshaw and at a pinch Blackstock, i see less quality in the Forest side (no offence to the Forest fan who posted this!).[/quote]Oh believe me you are not far off with that statement. Forest can be a dire side to watch and the only thing in our favour is Billy Davies produces teams that can roll their sleeves up and battle. On his day Lewis McGugan can show flair, but only when he can be bothered.

I think Barnsley will struggle to avoid the drop, and, if there is any justice Saints will be scuppered by the points deduction anyway. I think Forest have enough fight ( and a decent run in ) to get out of it, but we still have a lot of work to do. It''s anyone''s guess at the moment, but I think I''d just about go for us and Forest to survive.

Wolves are taking 6,000 fans to Barnsley and have Ebanks-Blake back again... I don''t see them going too easy - with any luck it will be the game they need to win for the title.

[quote user="siforest65"][quote user="a1canary"] With the exception of Earnshaw and at a pinch Blackstock, i see less quality in the Forest side (no offence to the Forest fan who posted this!).[/quote]Oh believe me you are not far off with that statement. Forest can be a dire side to watch and the only thing in our favour is Billy Davies produces teams that can roll their sleeves up and battle. On his day Lewis McGugan can show flair, but only when he can be bothered.[/quote]young midfielder, anderson, looks like a touch of class?

I remember Coventry and Everton Yellow Rider, and for that reason haven''t liked either club much since. I don''t think any of the games for us, or our relegation rivals are certain and it''s too tight to predict which club will eventually be relegated along with Charlton.