Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

another roeder clanger ...

just reading tonights eastern evening news i see everton are preparing a 3 million pound bid for joe lewis .

this idiot makes me so angry , why could everyone including my dog see this lad was going to go a long way .

this money would have been handy for squad rebuilding , why being the loan ranger didnt he lend him out for a season then look at the situation in a season .

how much money has roeder cost us ?

We''ve had this out a thousand times. He wasn''t going to increase in value playing for the reserves was he? So, that means he had to move on. Personally I think 400 grand plus a 25% (I think) sell on clause was a damn good deal for a totally unproven keeper. And as for any deal from Everton, I''ll believe it if it actually happens.

why couldnt they have loaned him out to the posh ?

if he had a good season then sold him on and kept the money , if he had a bad season sold him for what we did .

lets face it , if a premiership club has someone with his sort of quality , would they sell him or loan him out to gain first team experience , then put a price tag on him ?

i would say that is a major financial loss in such a short time

I would be shocked if everton offer £3m for Lewis. He''s not very highly rated by a few Peterborough supporters I know and has dropped alot of clangers in the second half of the season. A good young goalkeeper with potential but certainly not a £3m pound goalkeeper just yet.

[quote user="BIC"]We''ve had this out a thousand times. He wasn''t going to increase in value playing for the reserves was he? So, that means he had to move on.

Personally I think 400 grand plus a 25% (I think) sell on clause was a damn good deal for a totally unproven keeper.
And as for any deal from Everton, I''ll believe it if it actually happens.
[/quote]

If 25% sell on is true that would be pathetic.

Could have loaned Lewis out rather than sell him.

my thought tangible , we were quick enough to take many loan players , im sure if any of the ones we have here had a great season it surely would benifit the parent club .

why didnt we do that ?

if it happens posh will be laughing all the way to the bank , even if we loaned him out for two seasons , had a look at him and sold marshall and kept lewis surely that would have made more sense .

roeder was quick enough to loan out martin and spillane , im glad he didnt sell them for peanuts as well , i dont think this was thought through properly considering norwich are hardly in a financial position to do so .

then to buy a keeper who is not highly rated as back up for marshall was nothing short of crazy really .

Maybe Roeder could''ve loaned him out, but frankly, when offered that 400k that we desperately required for team rebuilding after the Grant disaster, not to mention a hefty sell-on clause for a keeper that isn''t really all that good... yet (if you read the opinions of P''boro fans), then in all likelihood Roeder felt it was an opportunity that was too good to miss.I still think Roeder made the right decision, especially as it was rumoured that he rated Rudd more highly

[quote user="On the way to Yeovil"]

Rudd will end up a far better keeper than Lewis

[/quote]

Spot on, and I think that that was a major factor in the decision, as well as the much needed cash that BIC mentions. I know a lot of regular Posh fans, and they are very unsure of Lewis. I think it was a good piece of business by Roeder, because keeping him would have hindered Rudd''s progression.

This has been done to death fellas - try and keep up. What was it Man U were about to Offer £4m???

You''re assuming all Posh & the kid would have taken a loan deal as well....

Its the same stuck record.... blaming Rodent (why not the board while you''re at it?) for getting rid

Same old same old.

We did the kid, us, and posh a favour

the board done some good , they got rid of roeder ... im hardly going to blame the board for a decision roeder made ,

if you dont like the thread , its easy dont answer it !!!

Can''t see him getting a premiership move yet but assuming Posh go up again this year, there''s a good chance he might attract that kind of money next season.

25% of 3 mil is 750k. Added to the 400k, then i don''t think you can argue with over a million pound return for a teenage goal keeper with next to no first team experience other than a loan spell at Morecombe. Because of that he was never going to displace a keeper with Champions League experience that we''d just paid a million for already.

If we generated a million pounds from all the academy players that left us we might not be in such a mess financially!

We also have to remember that any transfer fee is not based on the quality of the player but the value of the player to their parent club. If Joe was contracted to Norwich still then regardless of loan spells his valuation would largely be limited by the fact that he would be our number 2 goalkeeper behind David Marshall - we simply couldn''t demand £3 million for our back up goalkeeper, especially given our financial situation. By contrast since he is the number one goalkeeper at Posh he is a vital part of their team and as a consequence has a much higher value.Frankly I think we got a perfectly good deal for Joe back in 2008, and it was certainly a good move in terms of his career; the sell on clause means that if he ever is the subject of a big money move then City will have had a great return on him.

I know Joe well and I know he was desperate to stay at City, but he was getting to the age where he needed to play first team football, he''s enjoying himself at Peterborough and is really keen to play us next season in the Championship.

Every time the tabloids mention him going to any club he laughs at it, especially the Man Utd story - believe me when I say he will be at Peterborough for the next 12 months at least (assuming they do gain promotion.)

it''s a load of bull... why would the toffs go for hiim when they already have ruddy and turner on their books... not to mention nash is it as their sub keeper? it''s agent talk.