Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

ADD A RULE!

Also down the rugby line... if any player shows dissent after a foul has been awarded, the place where the free kick takes place is moved 10 yards further forward, even if this does result in a penalty! That''ll stop them.

An extra player on each team - a "goal hanger" who is never allowed to leave the penalty area.

The banning of U2 Beautiful Day from being played within 5 miles of a football ground especially if it is not switched off until the very second the game starts!

Basketball style out of bounds rule!

The ball is only out of play if it bounces over the line, a player touches the ball whilst over the line, or the ball touches an object over the line (eg the croud or a stand).  This would prevent the arguement about whether a corner went out before ir curled back in, or whether a clearance down the line curled out before coming back in again.  Alot of the time tese decisions are pure guess work by the officals!

When fielding a team against Norwich at Carrow road all rival team players are to buddy up with a team mate.The 2 players have thier boots tied together ala 3 leg race and are limited to 10 men due to the 11th not having a buddy.The rival team can choose to untie 5 players boots but this is at the expense of 6 of thier 11 players.

any swearing at a match official  instant red card no exceptions i`d love to see alex ferguson trying to reorganise his 8 remaining player.. if  only the refs had the balls to stand up to the big teams [:D]

The addition of a sin bin for offences that might otherwise be classed as ungentlemanly conduct. So you get a yellow card still for persistent fouling and a red card for violent conduct. But in between these there is an orange card for diving, time wasting, deliberate handball and those cynical professional fouls that stop teams breaking away quickly. Let''s see how many keepers want to waste time or how many players want to try and ''earn'' a free kick/penalty if they know that they might get ten minutes in the sin bin.And I would also take time keeping duties away from the referee. They have enought to deal with [:D]

Get rid of the continuous clock. Time stops everytime the ball goes out or play stops. Time-wasting finished.

One rule that really needs sorting - let the players celebrate with the fans or by taking their shirt off. Now if a player takes off his shirt in the adrenaline rush of scoring an important goal, or simply gives the front row fans a couple of high fives and a hug he gets booked... ridiculous

This has probably been mentioned a few times, but...well, I''m going to again.

There should be a match review committee to stamp out diving. Videos of each game are checked, and if anyone is seen to be diving in an attempt to get a free kick or penalty gets a ban.

Bans, would get worse for more offences. First offence, 2 games, second offence 5 games, Third offence 10 games, and so on.

I don''t think this would be that hard to implement. This would get rid of what I believe to be the worst aspect of Football. It would also mean Christiano Ronaldo would play 5 games a year.

Respect the Ref, only the Captain can talk to him.

It a rule that can apply from kids footy to the Prem. The gobby attitude of some 10 year olds I see on the pitch is shocking.

The FA are wasting money on the Respect campaign when they overlook the actions of Man U, Chelski etc in the Prem. Where do they think kids get it from.

I think if players go into the corners of the pitch they should be allowed a certain amount of time to bring it out, and can only stay in their for a certain amount of time. This would stop the ridiculous time wasting in the corners!

1) Shielding should be banned - Unless a player actually touches the ball, they should not be able to stop another player reaching it.  It would get rid of the ridiculous situation these days where a defender can stand in front of the ball with his arms out and physically hold off an attacker; however, if the attacker makes any attempt to get the ball its a foul (watch some of the old black and white games to see defenders hoofing it into the crowd - it hands the initiative back to the attackers, which can only be a good thing).2) Referees should be trained properly so they can consistently apply even the simplest rules3) Referees should all be forced to have regular eye tests4) Get rid of those electronic substitute boards that can''t be read in strong sunlight and seem to completely baffle those who have to use them (what was wrong with the old flip cards anyway?)5) ''Assistant referees'' should be called ''lines men'' and there should be 4 of them.  When the ball is kicked one can press a button and the one further up the pitch can then look down the line to see if anyone is offside.6) All the suggestions about post match reviews including being able to give and take cards is great as are those about respecting the ref.

- Referee''s should be wired up to the PA system so you can hear them justify their reasons - like in Rugby.- Modern technology should be used in the game to judge crucial decisions. I know that it''s football for some things to be judged wrongly, but blatant goals not counting/stonewall penalities are a bit ridiculous sometimes.- Norwich should be given automatic promotion....

" Shielding should be banned - Unless a player actually touches the ball, they should not be able to stop another player reaching it.  It would get rid of the ridiculous situation these days where a defender can stand in front of the ball with his arms out and physically hold off an attacker; however, if the attacker makes any attempt to get the ball its a foul (watch some of the old black and white games to see defenders hoofing it into the crowd - it hands the initiative back to the attackers, which can only be a good thing)".

Totally agree with that, when a play stands between a man in possession with no intention of playing the ball it''s obstruction

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"]Whoever is fouled for a penalty has to take it. If it''s handball it''s the player who played the ball.[/quote]

I think that would be fun, it would be a nightmare for me! but surely that is dissadvantaging the team that has the penalty and this is not really fair.

I think they should introduce topless lineswomen, just to avoid the conflict and abuse! doubt it will happen.

My new rule would be that goal scorers would be entitled to invite a randomly selected member of the crowd for a celebratory, candle-lit, five-course meal on the touchline. Think about it - it could be you!

This rule would boost crowd attendances and therefore solve football''s financial problems at the same time.

The goal scorer would be allowed back on the pitch after the dessert course.

[quote user="Danny G"]Have no goal keepers in the match ! but you can only score goals from inside the box .[/quote]Yes that would really enhance the beautiful game. Who needs 35 yard screamers like Ronaldo just scored when you could be watching a  packed penalty box scramble followed by a 2 yard tap in.

[quote user="Lincs CR"]One rule that really needs sorting - let the players celebrate with the fans or by taking their shirt off. Now if a player takes off his shirt in the adrenaline rush of scoring an important goal, or simply gives the front row fans a couple of high fives and a hug he gets booked... ridiculous[/quote] Ban all the silly dancing goal celebrations altogether.

One I made up and 1 from an advert I liked the idea of...

1) Multi-ball! Why have just one football when you can have 2 or 3! We all love goals,  we all want more goals, where he is your answer!

2) In cricket they have POWERPLAYS, well in Football, the manager can play his POWERPLAY whereby if his teams scores in the next 10mins, they get rewarded 2 goals instead of one!

All Ref''s and Assistant Ref''s should have played the game at a decent level....Not some power crazy ''the 90 minutes is all about me! Spotty gangly pigeon toed power crazed fools who were never picked for playground kick-abouts because they lacked any co-ordination in all their bodily movements - and were quite frankly $hit at all sports - wimpy wah wah''s - and who would run like Penelope Pitstop from Wacky Races and when adjudicating matches - strut around like arrogant peacocks when dishing out punishment to naughty footballers''....

i think the goal line technology thing has to come into it - you know when theres a bit of a brawl or theres a debatable sending off decision the ref goes and talks with the lino, instead of talking to a linesman why cant they be talking to someone watching it on a tv so they can see what is directly happening, what is the difference? apart from the lino has seen it once and has to make a decision and the other guy can watch it many times and can make a valid decision.

or how about the manager has to take a pen and has to celebrate wildly, stripping out of his suit or whatever if he scores then united wouldnt do so well fergie would dislocate his hip in the run up

If we''re going to be silly then at least try Monkey Football rules!

If the ball goes out of play, it is returned in one of these forms- Beach ball, normal ball, fairly small but very bouncy pink rubber ball or large, fairly heavy exercise ball.

Score with a beach ball, 2 goals
Score with the pink ball, 3
The exercise ball is just for laughs

No fouls

Everyone has to wear a hat with a flashing light on it, colour of their team

Makes for a more interesting setup anyway