Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

ADD A RULE!

I would add a rule that the linesmen are allowed to kick the ball back to the player rather than leave it to roll away ...

[quote user="singing canary"]a bit boaring i know , ban the offside rule ...[/quote]

that would be a rediculous rule.. you''d have games finishing about 20-20 and players just standing by the goal post all match.....

i agree with previous poster Re the linesman.

also, i''d go down the rugby rule and only allow the captains to talk to the referee.. any of this crowding a ref and bullying him (ala chelski) results in an automatic booking for every player involved... get a bit more respect in the game.. Ashley cole would never get a game through suspension!

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Ashley cole would never get a game through suspension!

[/quote]

Excellent. Suits me!

[quote user="singing canary"]a bit boaring i know , ban the offside rule ...[/quote]

that would be a rediculous rule.. you''d have games finishing about 20-20 and players just standing by the goal post all match.....

also, i''d go down the rugby rule and only allow the captains to talk to the referee.. any of this crowding a ref and bullying him (ala chelski) results in an automatic booking for every player involved... get a bit more respect in the game.. Ashley cole would never get a game through suspension!

[/quote]Agree with all this Jas, I don''t know what that guy was thinking about when he said ban offside!  Funny thing though, the linesman did actually kick the ball back to the Watford keeper yesterday at one point!I''d also introduce bookings for anyone who dives on the ball when trying to get a free kick, whether they are rewarded a free kick or not I believe it should be a yellow card.

I wouldn''t ban the offside rule but I''d simplify it for sure. If you''re offside and on the pitch, defenders and keeper are considering you and you should therefore be deemed to be "interfering" with play so no need for interpretative decisions.

I''d throw a system of requested technological challenges in too; maybe 3 per bench. E.g. if a goal should have been disallowed of someone''s spotted something which is missed - the benches have 3 opportunities to refer the decision to a 5th official at a monitor...

I also completely agree with Jas on the captains only rule. Mic em up and throw in some post match bans for unruly or disrespectful stuff too. Oh and simply ban Ashley Cole full stop!

[quote user="Phil Keenan"]I wouldn''t allow goalkeepers on the subs bench[/quote]

thats not actualyl a rule anyway.. Neil Warnock often doesnt name a keeper on the bench.

whats the betting if Norwich did it every week then sooner or later it would bite us on the backside!?

[/quote]

Not quite true jas, they took the off-side rule away in hockey and everyone thought the same, but actually whilst the scores have increased slightly, teams have adapted their systems and tactics to suit this.

I would introduce rolling substitutions where players can come on and off as frequently as they like.

I can think of several changes i would like introduced  [1]  a sin bin  [2]  a line painted on the pitch  for the 10 yards rule , this has been tried and worked the spray can line dissapeares after approx'' 30 secs   [3]  offside only inside each penalty areas and not when just crossing the halfway line  [4] video help for these inept officials [ what does the forth official really do ]  [5] a correct time keeper instead of 1 min first half  4 mins second half  as seems the norm for  99%  of matches  [6]  the size of goals made larger as keepers these days are far taller than previous decades  [7]  5 points for an away win 3 points for a home win and only 1 point for the draw this would encourage more attacking play .

No back passing to the goalkeeper from outside the penalty area.Force the defenders to play the ball under pressure with the inevitable mistakes, should be good for a few extra goals over the season.

A little OT here but didnt want to start a new thread about this-

Does anyone else find it odd that a player will get booked for going to the crowd during a celebration, but are fine to go into the crowd to retrieve a ball (a la one of their players yesterday)?
Just seemed a bit double-standardsy to me

On that note, Id I would introduce a more lenient view on celebrations, as its becoming ridiculous as to what the players are getting booked for.

[quote user="Orange Crush"]

A little OT here but didnt want to start a new thread about this-

Does anyone else find it odd that a player will get booked for going to the crowd during a celebration, but are fine to go into the crowd to retrieve a ball (a la one of their players yesterday)?Just seemed a bit double-standardsy to me

On that note, Id I would introduce a more lenient view on celebrations, as its becoming ridiculous as to what the players are getting booked for.

[/quote]I just think that it should be at the ref''s discretion. Having to book that Italian lad at Utd for getting over excited is silly and I don''t think the ref wanted to do it. But if (please let it be so) Alan Lee scores at P''oo road and goes ott at the Ipswich support then yeah maybe it would be appropriate to rein him in?

Cant think of anything better than the suggestion about only captains talking to the ref;   instant yellow (probably best supported by a sin bin) for any back chat.  

Rule makers to insist on it lasting a season and not being influenced by some early season games finishing 9 v 10 players,  as the gobbier ones take time to learn - in thepast these crack downs last until Oct then the ''being sent off for ''trivial offences'' is spoiling the game faction kicks in'';   no actually,  its your players breaking the laws that is spoiling the game!

The hounding is the bane of football and if the big clubs have to learn the hard way, tough.

I''d stop the stupid rules that makes a player go off after receiving treatment if they are genuinely hurt. It it''s blatantly obvious that they aren''t hurt (e.g. time wasting) I''d make them stay off for 5 minutes! Then we''d see how many people go down......

also, i''d go down the rugby rule and only allow the captains to talk to the referee..

[/quote]I''ve thought this was a great idea for a long time.I''d bring in the sin-bin yellow card too.

Definately up for the rugby rules. I''d also like to see the ref miked up as they are in rugby, so everyone can hear his decisions/explainations to the players. For that matter, hearing him addressed as "sir" would be good.  As for the only the captain thing, with the way footballers are spread out this may be inpractical.  I would say only the player directly involved, the captain or another player that the ref calls over in his place should be allowed to approach the ref.I also like idea of a hawk-eye challenge system - it works in tennis and cricket, but should be limited in some way - maybe only when there is a break in the play immeadiately after - so it can''t be used to interupt a breakaway move.

The other one I  like - if a player needs treatment as a result of a fowl, both players involved must leave the pitch for the duration of treatment.

For me there are a few.

1. Goal line technology. Simple case of adding a sensor and a green light for goal and a red light for no goal.

2. Sin bin. It''s not right that assault and kicking the ball away and celebrating a goal should be deemed the same. Sin bin seems the logical answer.

3. Technology. I think each team should be allowed three challengers each. The decision is shown to someone viewing a screen and they have the power to make the decision. I think the game can be stopped whenever an appeal should be made. I don''t see this as a problem because the game stops constantly anyway and it can be added to injury time.

4. Offside. I think it needs to be simplified. Maybe go back to the old system. If someone is offside he is offside. This active/non-active stuff is just too complicated.

5. Loans/transfer window. Change it loans should be put back to 5 a season. Transfer window should remain open throughout most of the season. The current system is a restriction of trade.

1. Goal Line Technology. Just whether the ball has crossed the line for a goal, no more.

2. The stupid rule that makes players leave the pitch and come back on after treatment. What a load of tosh that is.

Two to combat time-wasting.

Ideally a change in halves to two lots of thirty minutes of the ball actually being in play - at the moment I think the average time the ball spends in play is something like twenty six minutes so it shouldn''t make the matches too long. Only drawback would be the problem it would bring to policing it in the grass-roots game. Part of football''s magic is that the rules they play in the World Cup Final are the same as on Hackney Marshes, so a rule change such as this is unlikely to happen.

What could be done though is to stop any substitutions after eighty minutes of play. Would stop the farcical trot from the far touchline that''s all to frequent in today''s game. If a player''s injured, too bad - play with ten men for ten minutes!

this is a sensible one....a player doe''s not have to go off after treatment.

a silly one....the ref should be put in stocks and rotten fruit/veg thrown at him if he has had a shocker!!!

How about a rule where if the team playing "US" blatantly handles the ball in the box or if they wipe out one of our players whilst in their area with no intent to win the ball. THE BLO0DY REF GIVES US A PENALTY!!!!! Just a thought.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]How about a rule where if the team playing "US" blatantly handles the ball in the box or if they wipe out one of our players whilst in their area with no intent to win the ball. THE BLO0DY REF GIVES US A PENALTY!!!!!

Just a thought.

[/quote]LMAO.....BRILLIANT[Y]