Sign in to follow this  
McNamees attitude

Rumours Concerning Norwich and Luton

[quote user="MCWILL"]Same here the site is a bit dodgy! Some of the rumours turn out to be reliable though, They got Clingan to us right last year.[/quote]

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day [O]

[quote user="MCWILL"]

Hey, just a few rumours I''ve heard.

Martin to be sold to Luton price unknown.

Daley to be loaned to Luton for the season.

Asa Hall to join Norwich for £500,000.

Source: www.football-rumours.co.uk

OTBC!!!

[/quote]

A couple of immediate thoughts to that...

Why would Martin want to join a non-league team - he may or may not be as good as we first thought when he first came onto the scene, but he''s better than that standard!

If we did want Hall, I can''t believe it woul take 500k to prize a player from the non-league?

[quote user="MCWILL"]

OTBC!!!

[/quote]

Ha ha, yeah right.  I posted the other day that I thought we should help out Luton by loaning them Luke Daley to them next season. I think that it is more likely that a browser on here thought that it would be a good rumour to post on there.

Or, maybe Cam is secretly also paid to give them a load of half rumours that arent good enough for the Star (jokes.... ).

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="MCWILL"]

OTBC!!!

[/quote]

Ha ha, yeah right.  I posted the other day that I thought we should help out Luton by loaning them Luke Daley to them next season. I think that it is more likely that a browser on here thought that it would be a good rumour to post on there.

Or, maybe Cam is secretly also paid to give them a load of half rumours that arent good enough for the Star (jokes.... ).

[/quote]

Jokes?

OTBC

[quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="MCWILL"]

OTBC!!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

If Football Rumours paid we would almost certainly work for them but they don''t and so they are off our radar.   But, as with news, in football one man''s reject can be another man''s story.  Funny old business, journalism/football.

Kevin Nicholls is the only Hatters player to come out and say he wants to stay next season - Asa I have no idea about, Martin is under contract to you.

No news on McVeigh, who they have tried unsuccessfully to offload all season, without a single enquiry for sale or free as he honestly admitted.  McVeigh has rarely made the team recently - he and Harford don''t get on (no idea why) and McVeigh is a Harford leper.  He had them at Colchester as well. 

Someone in League Two might come in for McVeigh I think but it wouldn''t surprise me if he packed it in.  We spoke to him earlier on in the season when he was making the team and he was depressed enough then................

Jarvis: anyone''s guess I think.

Spillane appreciated and wished well across all the Luton boards - "always gave it his best" etc etc. Less miffed about Martin (he missed the Chesterfield game - too many yellows) and some concerned about his mouth which was certainly very active in the Lincoln City v Luton spectacular against his own team mates.   If it was possible for a game to end -0 v -0 that is the one the one this season.

He obviously deserves better.

I blame Roeder.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="ryan85k"][quote user="MCWILL"]

OTBC!!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

If Football Rumours paid we would almost certainly work for them but they don''t and so they are off our radar.   But, as with news, in football one man''s reject can be another man''s story.  Funny old business, journalism/football.

Kevin Nicholls is the only Hatters player to come out and say he wants to stay next season - Asa I have no idea about, Martin is under contract to you.

No news on McVeigh, who they have tried unsuccessfully to offload all season, without a single enquiry for sale or free as he honestly admitted.  McVeigh has rarely made the team recently - he and Harford don''t get on (no idea why) and McVeigh is a Harford leper.  He had them at Colchester as well. 

Someone in League Two might come in for McVeigh I think but it wouldn''t surprise me if he packed it in.  We spoke to him earlier on in the season when he was making the team and he was depressed enough then................

Jarvis: anyone''s guess I think.

Spillane appreciated and wished well across all the Luton boards - "always gave it his best" etc etc. Less miffed about Martin (he missed the Chesterfield game - too many yellows) and some concerned about his mouth which was certainly very active in the Lincoln City v Luton spectacular against his own team mates.   If it was possible for a game to end -0 v -0 that is the one the one this season.

He obviously deserves better.

I blame Roeder.

[/quote]

Dodgy rumour here... Paul McVeigh''s girlfriend is best mates with one of my friends at uni. In random conversation (as she told me she was off out clubbing with them last weekend) I said that he must be rubbish now as he can not even get in the Luton team. She then came back to me on Monday having asked him, and he told her that it would cost them too much money to give him a game and was cheaper not to play him, whilst they are trying to offload him, in the time being.  I am not saying this is true, but maybe if he did have appearence fees in his contract and goal bonus''s etc there may be something in it!

Luton''s assumption that most of their players will stay is rubbish - they are a non-league club so most players will want out. Most footballers are too thick to be sentimental. Martin, despite his faults, is far too good to be plumbing the depths in that Division.

I don''t think Luton will be buying anyone, even if players are sold

their only new signings are likely to be freebies and loanees

[quote user="San Miguel"]

I don''t think Luton will be buying anyone, even if players are sold

their only new signings are likely to be freebies and loanees

[/quote]

Sounds familiar.

OTBC