Sign in to follow this  
yellowarmy

Lee in and Hoolahan out

This would be a backward step. I would like to get Lee but not at the expense of Hooly. We should be investing in young talent rather than replacing it with players with only a couple of years left in them.

[quote user="ForeverYellow"]

isn''t LEE out of contract in the summer ?

i thought he was, and this cant be true, if we stay up we will be keeping players such as HOOLAHAN.

[/quote]I don''t think he is. I''m pretty sure he has 1 or 2 years on his contract.Either way, replacing Hoolahan with Lee would be a scaled-down version of replacing Earnshaw with Cureton.....enough said.

Personally I think Lee is an ideal player for the championship and us, and if we''re really skint Hoolahan is a luxury we can''t afford. I''d be happy to keep both but I''d choose Lee if we can only have one.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Personally I think Lee is an ideal player for the championship and us, and if we''re really skint Hoolahan is a luxury we can''t afford. I''d be happy to keep both but I''d choose Lee if we can only have one.
[/quote]Would love to keep Lee here but i would be against the sacrifice of Hoolahan to do this we need to add to are stronger players not replace them, 

I completely agree with Lincoln and Yellow Rider, but note with caution that the story is pure speculation. Until it''s confirmed by NCFC then I won''t get too distressed.

As others have said, we need to move forward as a club and players like Wes are part of our future. I am not against Lee staying, but not at the expense of sacrificing a player with genuine talent who could be with us for a long time.

Christ alive, weren''t we all saying not so long back that we needed someone big and powerful up front to help score goals?  Lee, whilst not everyones cup of rosie lee is big, strong, scares the c**p out of most defenders, and can score goals and what''s more wants to play for us, regardless of which league we are in.

Hooly as talented as he is IMHO a good player, who has talent, but big and strong he isn''t.  Would Hooly stay with NC if we were to drop down a league?

Let''s all wait and see what happens in the summer with regard to transfers.

I''d pay for Hoolahans taxi to Croydon to keep Lee even without Hucks. Lee and Hucks back next season would be fanbloodytastic. Whatever divison we''re in next season we have to keep Lee. On the Gow issue i''d rather have Mooney if its either or. Shacks must stay as well. Cant see Wolves wanting him in the prem and surely they must still owe us some fee installments so hopefully they''ll just forget them and let us keep him.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Whilst I like Hooly, the last few games he hasn''t done much to impress.  Mind you neither has many of the team lol.

If we have to sacrifice Hooly for Lee then I for one would be pleased.

[/quote]

hooly has not played thats why!!!!

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Typical Norwich if it happened. 1 step forward and 2 steps back.[/quote]

exactly. this must stop!

[/quote]providing they maintain their Championship status.There''s just no learning for some people is there?This one line confirms to me that if we go down we will be consolidating the Club for life in the Third Div rather than making an effort to come straight back up. Prem syndrome on a much smaller scale. Chuck away the chance of millions more in Champs income rather than risk fielding a quality competitive but slightly dearer team next year. A team that sells on relegation is in financial trouble make no mistake.

''City boss Bryan Gunn has plenty of left-sided cover - although not all of the players are club assets: David Carney is on loan from Sheffield United, Ryan Bertrand is a Chelsea player and Alan Gow is here on a short-term deal from Rangers''.

So according to the article we do in fact have NO left sided cover after the end of this season. Therefore I''d say what a stupid idea to get rid of Hoolihan.

As much as I want Lee to remain a permanent member of this club, it cannot be at the expense of Hoolahan, who is without a shadow, one of the best players at this club. I think a fully settled Hoolahan, playing as he did prior to his injury, will be a huge asset to us. I for one, would not entertain any thought of him leaving the club.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]As much as I want Lee to remain a permanent member of this club, it cannot be at the expense of Hoolahan, who is without a shadow, one of the best players at this club. I think a fully settled Hoolahan, playing as he did prior to his injury, will be a huge asset to us. I for one, would not entertain any thought of him leaving the club.[/quote]

Totally agree - it''s a stupid idea.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]As much as I want Lee to remain a permanent member of this club, it cannot be at the expense of Hoolahan, who is without a shadow, one of the best players at this club. I think a fully settled Hoolahan, playing as he did prior to his injury, will be a huge asset to us. I for one, would not entertain any thought of him leaving the club.[/quote]

I will be very disappointed if Hoolahan leaves. We are already resigned to losing Clingan, probably to Fulham, and probably Croft, and this is precisely the lack of ambition that convinced me not to renew my season ticket.  We should be adding quality to the squad, not losing it !!!   

Hoolahan will be off whatever division we are in next season. Coming here has been a big disappointment for him - he obviously didn''t envisage scrapping around the bottom of the Championship and everything else that has happened.

I''d like him to stay, but he is sure to leave, so best of luck to him. The shambles that is NCFC is not doing him any justice.

And this has been the problem with the club over the last couple of years. Ambition with prudence only gets you so far, it wasn''t long ago that Huckerby was going on about the sale of Etuhu etc. If we stay up, this summer could see us turn the tide of struggling for survival and bring in much needed replacements and build a strong team. Selling Hoolahan is not the way forwards a midfield including him, Clingan, Gow and Croft/Huckerby will really push us up the table. With Clingan i feel we have found a a play who can fill the boots of Gary Holt whose role hasn''t been filled since leaving, Etuhu looked like he could be that player but never had the commitment.

I believe we can get Lee cheap enough in the summer along with maybe Gow/Shackell, however Mooney is a luxuary i can''t see us affording. If Reading don''t make it through the play-offs they will lose a number of players and Mooney could be brought in to start. The other one to look at if Shackell is too much would be Taylor again, he hasn''t played much recently since Febuary and with promotion he might be up for sale.

You never know exactly how serious someone like Neil Warnock is being, remember he is the master at winding up other managers.

Erm, no-one said that we didn''t need that? But we shouldn''t have to sacrifice our best players to get it, yes one of the few players that we actually own.[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Christ alive, weren''t we all saying not so long back that we needed someone big and powerful up front to help score goals?  Lee, whilst not everyones cup of rosie lee is big, strong, scares the c**p out of most defenders, and can score goals and what''s more wants to play for us, regardless of which league we are in.

Hooly as talented as he is IMHO a good player, who has talent, but big and strong he isn''t.  Would Hooly stay with NC if we were to drop down a league?

[/quote]

I''d much rather retain the services of both. If I had my balls trapped in a vice and my questioner/torturer forced me to make a choice between the two or else he''d castrate me, I''d probably decide on Lee. But only just!

A disgrace if we are even contemplating swapping the most talented player at the club for a run of the mill striker who is putting in a little bit extra because he wants to sign for any club thats close to his Suffolk home, and he is worth no more than £300,000 at the very most. Would be a terrible deal and must not happen.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Erm, no-one said that we didn''t need that? But we shouldn''t have to sacrifice our best players to get it, yes one of the few players that we actually own.
[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And if Hooly wants to leave?  Like I said before let''s just wait and see.

[quote user="komakino"]Hoolahan will be off whatever division we are in next season. Coming here has been a big disappointment for him - he obviously didn''t envisage scrapping around the bottom of the Championship and everything else that has happened. I''d like him to stay, but he is sure to leave, so best of luck to him. The shambles that is NCFC is not doing him any justice.[/quote]

So when did he tell you all this?

That would be completley stupid, are most talented player, given away, surley he is only worth 2/300k we must be able to afford that

[quote user="paul moy"]

I will be very disappointed if Hoolahan leaves. We are already resigned to losing Clingan, probably to Fulham, and probably Croft, and this is precisely the lack of ambition that convinced me not to renew my season ticket.  We should be adding quality to the squad, not losing it !!!   

[/quote]

We should be ideally be adding quality to those ''attempting'' to run the club, and off-loading those inept members of the NCFC Board - and that''s including the CEO....

It''s not going to happen though....As long as 17,000+ are willing to troop down to Carra to witness the whatever? Those at the rudderless helm will carry on as normal....Yup, 17,000 butts on seats is a sign of success in their business....And, if the team does well? That''s a business ''bonus''..... I honestly thought after our close-run survival of last season it would have given the board the ultimate boot up the jacksie to realise things need changing and addressing.....They haven''t, or hadn''t - or won''t....So here we are, with 3 games to go, and hey look! Deja Vu!

I know we should be keeping our best players, but it''s never that simple. If you were Hoolahan or Croft or Clingan, would you want to keep here when the view doesn''t look atall rosy?

It''s been desperate stuff for a few years now.

The fact that we have such a loyal fan base ultimately means nothing, it''s what happens on the pitch and it hasn''t been happening for years!