Sign in to follow this  
Raymond De Waard

Upper barclay fight after Watford match

Did anybody who was walking out of upper barclay block E see the fight between city fans coming down the stairs after the match?  Just wondered how this kicked off?  Was pretty bad, proper full on punches being thrown, kicking each other, some woman got smacked too.  Don''t usually see that much action in the upper barclay!

[quote user="crabman84"]

Did anybody who was walking out of upper barclay block E see the fight between city fans coming down the stairs after the match?  Just wondered how this kicked off?  Was pretty bad, proper full on punches being thrown, kicking each other, some woman got smacked too.  Don''t usually see that much action in the upper barclay!

[/quote]

tickled me

I was there right behind it and one of the lads sits two seats from me.It all started as a bit of fun but then got really silly when the word silly pr*** was used and the lad took exception too it.As you say the punches were full on and i had to move me lad out of the way in case he got hurt,it went all the way down the stairs and was stopped by the police.Must say the two female stewards were absolutelly useless.Hope noone gets banned from the ground,really surprised at the lads reaction who sits nxt to me as he is a nice lad.

[quote user="crowey66"]by the police.Must say the two female stewards were absolutelly useless.[/quote]

they didnt think to ask for assistance from PC plod then?

jas :)

[quote user="crowey66"]I was there right behind it and one of the lads sits two seats from me.It all started as a bit of fun but then got really silly when the word silly pr*** was used and the lad took exception too it.As you say the punches were full on and i had to move me lad out of the way in case he got hurt,it went all the way down the stairs and was stopped by the police.Must say the two female stewards were absolutelly useless.Hope noone gets banned from the ground,really surprised at the lads reaction who sits nxt to me as he is a nice lad.[/quote]

I wonder if they''ll get 7 months in nick for it? Yet again it seems ''nice lads'' can get in trouble when provoked.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[quote user="crowey66"]I was there right behind it and one of the lads sits two seats from me.It all started as a bit of fun but then got really silly when the word silly pr*** was used and the lad took exception too it.As you say the punches were full on and i had to move me lad out of the way in case he got hurt,it went all the way down the stairs and was stopped by the police.Must say the two female stewards were absolutelly useless.Hope noone gets banned from the ground,really surprised at the lads reaction who sits nxt to me as he is a nice lad.[/quote]

I wonder if they''ll get 7 months in nick for it? Yet again it seems ''nice lads'' can get in trouble when provoked.

[/quote]Your refering again to the "Leceister 9" aren''t you Arthur?Are they really such nice lads though?Having had a encountered a few of these Norwich "casual" types in the past (although none of the 9) they seem like nice guys when they are sober but once they get a few drinks inside them they are just  looking for someone to say or look at them in the wrong way to give them a chance to "start". Not really such nice guys.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]That''s the thing though. Everyone knows how unfair the law can be. You simply have to have the self-control to not be provoked into doing anything.

The Leicester 9 - I went to school with 2 of them and knew a third - they were thugs at 15 and were involved in hooliganism then - 25 years ago - so that does away with the " nice Lads " explanation

[quote user="the duke of norfolk"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

Your refering again to the "Leceister 9" aren''t you Arthur?

Are they really such nice lads though?

Having had a encountered a few of these Norwich "casual" types in the past (although none of the 9) they seem like nice guys when they are sober but once they get a few drinks inside them they are just  looking for someone to say or look at them in the wrong way to give them a chance to "start". Not really such nice guys.
[/quote]

Just like the lovely chavs down Prince of Wales who start on people for no reason, get put in a cell for the night to sober up and cautioned and sent on their way.?

[quote user="the duke of norfolk"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

Your refering again to the "Leceister 9" aren''t you Arthur?

Are they really such nice lads though?

Having had a encountered a few of these Norwich "casual" types in the past (although none of the 9) they seem like nice guys when they are sober but once they get a few drinks inside them they are just  looking for someone to say or look at them in the wrong way to give them a chance to "start". Not really such nice guys.
[/quote]

Just like the lovely chavs down Prince of Wales who start on people for no reason, get put in a cell for the night to sober up and cautioned and sent on their way.?

That fight was 9 on 2, the two being season ticket holders I go with every game. One of their lot started it, my mates tried to walk away, but when one of their lot tried to push my mate down the stairs his brother stepped in and it all kicked off. Twice after that the two tried to walk away only for their lot to come after them again. I am pleased to say my mates came away without a scratch and it was the thugs who took the worst of it (yes including a woman with them, she clashed heads) and thanks to some witnesses my mates got released by the police soon after, no ban. Don''t know about the other lot though, absolute head cases, should be banned for life.

[quote user="JTG"]That fight was 9 on 2, the two being season ticket holders I go with every game. One of their lot started it, my mates tried to walk away, but when one of their lot tried to push my mate down the stairs his brother stepped in and it all kicked off. Twice after that the two tried to walk away only for their lot to come after them again. I am pleased to say my mates came away without a scratch and it was the thugs who took the worst of it (yes including a woman with them, she clashed heads) and thanks to some witnesses my mates got released by the police soon after, no ban. Don''t know about the other lot though, absolute head cases, should be banned for life.
[/quote]

I rest my case!

[quote user="Henning Berg"]

if you think them lads are chavs, you really dont have a clue.

Your the type of person that sees Aquascutum as Burberry, but you just assume.

[/quote]

Someone please explain it to him, i really can''t be arsed.

BTW i own an Aquascutum shirt that i puchased from Chads....

Didn''t see the fight but I saw a really drunk fella coming down the stars of DU just shouting OTTSEMMOOOBOOORRRRR at the top of his voice. Was quite funny!

i own 3 items of scutum and people look at me like "your a chav"

similair with the stone island, if you wear stone island your automatically a football hooilgan. I''ve seen Elliot Omozusi in the city one night with a stone island jumper on!

[quote user="Henning Berg"]

similair with the stone island, if you wear stone island your automatically a football hooilgan. I''ve seen Elliot Omozusi in the city one night with a stone island jumper on!

[/quote]Are you aware how chavvy what you just wrote is? ;)

Saw the incident outside. One bloke was having to be restrianed by about 4 policemen who were struggling. Another bloke "skinhead" looked like he''d dtaken a whack in the face. he was surrounded by about 5 or 6 other people and being spoken to by police. The gut being restrained by the police had wlaked off at one point but then came back twice to try and have another go at the skinhead guy before being hauled off by the police. No idea who had started it all.

[quote]So what was the joke they started laughing at or w/e? What were they saying just before it kick off?[/quote]Basically one of the big chaps jumped on my mate''s back and hung on to his neck. My mate told the bloke to get off and he kept saying something along the lines of "don''t be grumpy, we won", followed by name calling, my mate said something like "I''m not being grumpy I just don''t like some twat grabbing my neck and jumping on me", when they got to the stairs they tried to push my mate down the stairs at which point it all kicked off.

[quote user="crowey66"]THATS SPOT ON,HE WAS BEING REALLY ANNOYING AND I WOULD HAVE HIT HIM IF IT WAS ME.[/quote]The problem was when we got to the bottom of the stairs with the police it was just their lot with all the injuries (hopefully they''ll think twice before picking fights in future) so it didn''t look good on us, but thankfully like I said there were plenty of witnesses and their lot were kicking off at the police. So all''s well that ends well......... Hopefully lol.

i''m still in shock that someone is trying to justify owning something aquascutum!! ROFLBurberry =chavaquascutum =chavresult??? CHAV

[quote user="DGC"]i''m still in shock that someone is trying to justify owning something aquascutum!! ROFL

Burberry =chav
aquascutum =chav

result??? CHAV
[/quote]

That makes me a 72 year old chav!!

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"][quote user="Henning Berg"]

[/quote]

Are you aware how chavvy what you just wrote is? ;)
[/quote]

I think I saw this parked near to the stadium yesterday, was it yours HeavinBerk.....I think it''s called a Vauxhall Chavalier or summat?