Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

stability

We have needed stability since dropping from the Prem. And I am certain that the ludicrous number of players and managers in and out since then has been the major cause of our downfall. Which is not good news...

...cos it looks like we will need another huge turnaround this summer whatever division we are in. Loans will return, Fozzy, Curo and Patty will be sold.

NCFC MUST start building a settled squad to play together over several seasons...that is what builds spirit and leads ot success. What we cannot afford is another overhaul of playing staff...alas it looks likely.

[quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]

What we cannot afford is another overhaul of playing staff...alas it looks likely.

[/quote]

So the alternative is few players in the squad for next season.  Thats doesn''t make sense. 

We must sign a number of players on perm terms this summer and then do what you suggest, let the squad stabilise 

A lot of people on here seem to have a problem with loans in general, which i don''t really get.

Let''s be honest, we all want to see quality players signing permanent deals with City, but how many quality players are going to be willing to sign for a side that, at best, will have just avoided relegation to League 1, and is quite liable to struggle again next season?

If it takes loan deals to bring in quality players then i''m happy to go with that. However, we need to make sure we get the right players in on loan this time, and not some of the useless dead-wood we''ve seen for the last two seasons.

More Shackells and Gows, and less Sibierskis please!

[quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]

We have needed stability since dropping from the Prem. And I am certain that the ludicrous number of players and managers in and out since then has been the major cause of our downfall. Which is not good news...

...cos it looks like we will need another huge turnaround this summer whatever division we are in. Loans will return, Fozzy, Curo and Patty will be sold.

NCFC MUST start building a settled squad to play together over several seasons...that is what builds spirit and leads ot success. What we cannot afford is another overhaul of playing staff...alas it looks likely.

[/quote]Sold, don''t make me laugh. Who the hell is going to pay for them. Firstly they are not worth anything and secondly it quite apparent that they are not in favour here and clubs who may wish to acquire there services will be well aware of that. Released or on a free is what will happen to them.

We can''t afford another overhaul of playing staff. We can''t afford not too more like. If, if we remain it the Championship it will be by the skin of the skin on our teeth. Why because of the players we have simple as that. Not good enough, not consistent enough and is some cases not committed enough. The last overhaul was poor and so we have been poor. I see nothing to suggest that just because the play together more they will become any better. We follow false dawn after false dawn but the truth is much of our team isn''t good enough. I’d scrap all but a small handful and be quite happy to cash in on overrate wanabies like Clingan (that will make me popular) but honestly £3m to Fulham don''t make me laugh. He ok in this league but £3m I rip their arm off.

I agree with you in part. Most successful sides are made up of settled players. That is certainly how we were successful in reaching the playoffs and winning the league.

The problem is you need the right blend and from time to time you need to move players out. However, I would like to see city bring in some good perm deals over the summer. Continue to bring youth players through and use the loan system well. My that I mean lets bring 4 or 5 players on season long or long tern loans and leave it like that. i.e not bring players in all through the season.