Sign in to follow this  
bradley11

David Carney.....

Just interested to know what people''s views are on him as a player? Personally I feel he has been the weakest loan signing of late, however he has shown some nice touches and passing ability which given the chance I feel could destroy a fair amount of teams... Possibly not the type of player you need in a battle at the foot of the Championship.

I think he''s been poor thus far - wanders around to no apparent purpose and doesn''t appear to have much stomach for the fight. That being said, I thought Gow was a bit iffy after his first couple of appearances... I''m happy to say I was wrong. Perhaps I''ll be able to say the same about Carney after he waltzes through the Scum backline to score a 93rd minute winner on Sunday...

[quote user="Croft Has Fcuked Up A Cross Again"]Better footballing brain than Croft.[/quote]I''ve got a better footballing brain than dear old Crofty, but I wouldn''t pick me ahead of him...

I think Carney is also suffering from being at the club on loan at the same time as people like Lee and Mooney who show a lot of passion and enthusiam for the game and NCFC.  He has not done this so far and as such sometimes seems like he does not want to play for us.

From what I have read, most players at our level want to play for us as the training facilities and attendances are better than most champ clubs. 

[quote user="Croft Has Fcuked Up A Cross Again"]Better footballing brain than Croft.
[/quote]

Really?

I don''t think Carney has really done anything to show that. I''m not saying I think Carney isn''t any good because I do think he has shown some good moments for us.

But you''re only really saying that because you''ve got it in for Croft.

I mean apart from some inconsistent crossing Lee Croft plays his football the right way, which is obvious if you open up your eyes and actually watch what he does. Rather just doing your best to overlook all the stuff he does well because you''re so determined to be down on him.

Lads, I''m not saying Carney is better than Croft. In all honesty, I think Croft is more of a threat than Carney.

Croft just frustrates me. If he had the brain of Carney and the ability to put at least 1 good cross in per game, I''d like him.

When Croft is good he is good, but when he''s bad he might no as well be on the pitch. His heart is there most times he plays, but sometimes he looks disinterested and it''s as if he can''t wait for his contract to end soon enough.

Another note on the contract; I see numerous people have heard that he''s demanding 9k a week. If he really loved Norwich he would''ve singed a contract months and months ago in my opinion. And 9k a week?????? Ridiculous!

But I suppose we don''t know the in''s and out''s of what is happening with the contract do we.....I for one won''t be concerned if he decides to leave.

You say that....but how many times did Carney just punt a ball over the top straight to the Watford goalkeeper on Monday?? Too many for my liking.Maybe bring back Clint Easton or Mark Rivers [;)]

I thought Gunn and Crofty have both said any contract negotiations are on hold till the season ends?

Although Dave has many flaws in his game, his main strength is in his dribbling. If he moved here permanently, it would be interesting to see if he could be made into a better player.

Not the most flattering fan vid I''ve seen, but there are glimpses of why Everton wanted him as a trainee.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvrkuL-YP5Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvrkuL-YP5Q[/url]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="crowey66"]IN A WORD SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITE![/quote]

A somewhat crude reply, but I do agree with it.

[/quote]But, then again, he might have a Sunni disposition .....

[quote user="San Miguel"]Carney - average player, not that excited to see him, esp not in place of Croft[/quote]

I agree, and I am disappointed that he has not carried on from where he started with an impressive display away at Wolves. If we can get him on a free at least he will bulk up the squad and I hope that he will improve over time. I don''t think it is right to write him off so early and I wish him luck.