Sign in to follow this  
city-till-i-die

anyone else on here been a naarich mascot???

i was lucky enough to be one when i was 11 yrs old...long time ago...have pik of me and chris woods and dave watson in the center circle...anyone else been so lucky???

I was a mascot in the game against Crewe (promo season) and right before kick off i said to hucks ''make sure you score darren'' and he did......It was the day that Hucks truely became a legend in my eyes....

[quote user="CT "]I was a mascot in the game against Crewe (promo season) and right before kick off i said to hucks ''make sure you score darren''
and he did......

It was the day that Hucks truely became a legend in my eyes....
[/quote]nice [Y]

Both my kids have, in the long distant past, both really enjoyed their day, one a home game, one an away game. It took a long time for their turn to come, and both of them can say that the club bent over backwards to make their day special. Sure it''s helped with them both bonding to the club and becoming life long fans like me!!

[quote user="CT "]I was a mascot in the game against Crewe (promo season) and right before kick off i said to hucks ''make sure you score darren'' and he did......It was the day that Hucks truely became a legend in my eyes....[/quote]I was also Mascott in our promotion season, against West Ham with the opening of the new Jarrold Stand. I remember walking around the pitch as Iwan took a blow in play, and resultantly crunched the player at the next oppotunity saying to the ref "I got the ball!". I assure you he really didn''t!

[quote user="missing in action"]4 times

1) away at bristol city (1999?)
2) palace away on a tuesday night
3) pompey at home, tuesday night
4) fulham away...yes that game...
[/quote]now thats just greedy...lol

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Both my kids have, in the long distant past, both really enjoyed their day, one a home game, one an away game. It took a long time for their turn to come, and both of them can say that the club bent over backwards to make their day special. Sure it''s helped with them both bonding to the club and becoming life long fans like me!![/quote]glad they had  a great day[:)]  its such a buzz when you are young....i also in febuary 2008 had the pleasure of starting of ON THE BALL CITY infront of 24,000+

big thnx to the barclay for joining in really quickly[Y] also a brilliant day..we beat preston 1:0  rusty 30 yrd LEFT foot

yeah! it was amazing! was on the waiting list during our last 90''s prem season, hoping to get leeds, due to living near there. but didn''t get through ballot til next season in the endssleigh, vs huddersfield. Was amazing tho, despite us losing 3-2 and O''Neill leaving the following week due to Windass not signing. Eadie was a legend, had a great chat with a young Akinbyi when the others were having the prematch talk, and put a few past Gunny wit Marshall whipping them in! Only problem, the huddersfield programme editors spelt my favourite player''s name wrong, Ashley Wood! At least i gave him luck tho, he scored twice!

I was a ball boy back in the day.  Robert Chase gave us a little speech on not throwing the ball back too quickly to the opposition if we''re nearing the end of the game and we''re winning.  Remember we never got to keep the tracksuits which was rather sad for us all. Can''t for the life of me remember which game it was - remember it being utterly freezing and this was back in the day when gloves were certainly not on the agenda!!

I was at Sheffield Utd about 5 years ago

i was outnumbered 1 to 5! but that didnt matter cause we won 1-0 thanks to Paul Mcveigh! I can remember it was an appearance landmark for Iwan as he was skipper for the day

My daughter Gemma has been the Norwich away mascot twice in the last two seasons, both times at QPR, and is due to complete her hatrick at Charlton on the last day of the season. Hoping it will be a memorable day.

I''m wearing my best brown trousers just in case.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="missing in action"]4 times1) away at bristol city (1999?)2) palace away on a tuesday night3) pompey at home, tuesday night4) fulham away...yes that game...[/quote]now thats just greedy...lol[/quote]i filled in at pompey and fulham for cancelled people and they knew im a regular...not a lucky one mind!

My daughter was mascot on Boxing Day 2003 - the day Huckerby signed permanently!  What a experience that was with Huckerby introduced on the pitch before the match against Notts Forest - which we won 1-0.  He obviously wasnt playing but we met him in the changing rooms before the game - a day we will never forget.

My claim to fame is that I was the first ever Norwich Premier League mascot at Carrow Road in August 1992, won 2-1 v Chelsea. Met the likes of Mike Walker, Chris Sutton, Gunny, Ruel Fox, David Phillips, Crooky, Mark Bowen, Ian Butterworth et al. It was a fabulous experience, especially putting one past Gunny pre-match which was greeted by cheers from the Barclay. I even met Robert Chase who showed me and my dad ''behind the scenes'', including the trophy ''room'' (shelf). He was a really nice fella. I also met my all time hero - Flecky - who had just joined Chelsea but couldn''t play as part of a "gentleman''s agreement". A truly wonderful experience - one I''ll never forget.

Oh, was also mascot v Bristol City in Jan 1992 in FA Cup - won that 2-1 as well. Luck o'' the Irish! 

Mascot way back in 1982, home game against Leicester City (finished 0-0 as I recall), got my pic taken with my hero Chris Woods in front of the Barclay.  Great day.

Yep, I''ve been a mascot too.Great day, it was away at Birmingham, somewhere around 1996 or 1997, 3-2 win with a Neil Adams penalty, smashed into the roof of the net proving decisive.. Blues treated me and the family fantastically, was really impressive, in contrast to Wolves, where my brother was a mascot and had a totally sh*t experience compared to mine. For instance, my whole family came with me for the whole day at Birmingham, at Molineux only one person was allowed to accompany the mascot, pathetic.Only downside of the day was that I only got one shot at Gunny, who was Scotland international goal keeper at the time. One shot, and the b**tard dived full length and tipped it round the post. Oh well, all is forgiven if he keeps us up!!

I was when we played away at Reading - was their last game at Elm Park (Cant remember the year) before they moved to the Madjeski. Robert Fleck was in the reading team at the time so Jim Faulkner knocked on the reading changing room door and asked if he''d come out and meet me - he did - Legend.

Scored my pen past Andy Marshall. Bellamy was by far the nicest - along with Matt Jackson. I also embarrassed Erik Fugelstadt because i told him that my sister fancied him, all the lads gave him banta for that.

[quote user="Leela"]

How do you go about becoming a mascot, would love my two boys to be mascots![:)]For home games you have to be a season ticket holder.I think there was a box you had to tick to enter on the form you fill in to purchase your season ticket.You are then entered into a draw and if you''re lucky enough to get your name pulled out - then you are mascot!

[/quote]

I was macot back in 1984 ,the Saturday after the main stand got burnt down at home to QPR!  Just my luck as prior to that I understand the mascots got a tour of the changing rooms, trophy cabinets etc before each game, I however had to get changed in one of the bars behind the river end and then go and meet the players in front of the portakabin they got changed in before the game.

I''ve still got a photo of me taking a penalty at Chris Woods, with the wreckage of the main stand in the back ground from the fire three days previously.

Many a year ago away at Crystal Palace. A 1-0 win if i remember, thanks to a lovely Robert Fleck volley.

Never forget going to get the players autographs before the game and having to pass my autograph book under the bog door to Robert Ullathorne!

My daughter was mascot in the year we got promoted against West Brom. A chilly Tuesday evening, warmed by the ''camaraderie'' (I think that''s the word) in the dressing room pre-match. It was all good fun and things got a little raucous at one point - daughter was wandering around getting pics and autographs and Nigel came over to me and said "sorry, it''s a bit badly behaved in here before a game". "You just keep doing what you''re doing" I replied.So that night was a draw, but they did keep doing what they''d been doing to see that season out![;)]