Sign in to follow this  
James Kent

Doc and Shax derserve all the appulse

For me the decision to bring Shackell back, might be what keeps us up. I think he and Doherty have been immense.

Yes, players have scored goals, but those two have kept games tight. Also, Butterworth deserves credit for working on the defence.

I really hope a way is found to bring shax back on a permanent deal. We will need a solid spine and keeping these two players together will be crucial.

I see that **** ( who''s name I mustn''t mention) says in his interview yesterday that it was a ridiculous decision to let Shacks go, who agrees with him?

[quote user="Jim Kent"]For me the decision to bring Shackell back, might be what keeps us up. I think he and Doherty have been immense. Yes, players have scored goals, but those two have kept games tight. Also, Butterworth deserves credit for working on the defence. I really hope a way is found to bring shax back on a permanent deal. We will need a solid spine and keeping these two players together will be crucial.[/quote]hold the applause for a 3 more games...but agree they have been superb

[quote user="cityangel"]I see that **** ( who''s name I mustn''t mention) says in his interview yesterday that it was a ridiculous decision to let Shacks go, who agrees with him?[/quote]seems like im being picky but, i think if shackell stayed he would revert to his old self, good in patches but just not great.i would dearly love to be proven wrong thoigh.

Pre-Roeder Shax was pretty good - post Roeder Shax has been very good - it''s just the bit in the middle which coincides with Roeders tenure which wasn''t so good - thinking about it, did any player play well for more than a couple of games under Roeder - Kind of shows what a totally, totally cr@p manager Roeder was!

could you imagine alan lee coming in and giving it all for roeder ? i think gunny should take some credit for the choice of player he`s bought in including shax  and the way he`s made most of them bleed yellow and green and give their all almost instantly [:D]

[quote user="pennywise "]could you imagine alan lee coming in and giving it all for roeder ? i think gunny should take some credit for the choice of player he`s bought in including shax  and the way he`s made most of them bleed yellow and green and give their all almost instantly [:D][/quote]spot on PW[Y]

[quote user="Jim Kent"]For me the decision to bring Shackell back, might be what keeps us up. I think he and Doherty have been immense.

Yes, players have scored goals, but those two have kept games tight. Also, Butterworth deserves credit for working on the defence.

I really hope a way is found to bring shax back on a permanent deal. We will need a solid spine and keeping these two players together will be crucial.[/quote]Totally agree