Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Rider

Most important Old Farm for 30 years!

Lets face it an Old Farm derby in the league is usually a matter of local pride but with little by way of significance outside that. Sunday is different for us, very different! The fact that it''s Ipswich is irrelevant for me, all that matters is the result v those involving Saints, Forest and Barnsley. After Sunday time is virtually up.

Is there honestly any Canary who would take a win on Sunday if that meant relegation ''cos I sure as hell wouldn''t! Conversely I would take a defeat (hard to accept I know) IF we then won our last two games and stayed up in dramatic style.

For Ipswich this is local pride and the prospect of inflicting an almost fatal blow to our chances of staying up but for us the implications are huge. Yes, I know we could lose and still stay up and vice versa. If we do lose AND the others pick up wins then I think we are all but down. I can remember nothing like this in the league since April 1981. We were fighting a deseperate last ditch battle to stay in Div. 1 whilst they were still in contention for the League Championship! City won 1-0 (Justin Fashanu) but we still went down on the last day of the season. So that''s just short of 30 years ago. Has any league game come close in terms of REAL significance since as far as we are concerned? Forget the Mac Double in 2003/2004, that double for us was great but neither result will carry the weight of Sunday.  

Today I was very fortunate to land two tickets for Sunday so I''m thrilled yet hellishly nervous about the prospects. Nothing less than the quality we showed away v Wolves and Brum + the passion of the Cardiff and Watford home games will do. I would certainly play Crofty instead of Carney who is far too peripheral and lightweight for this struggle.         

[quote user="CT "][quote user="Dan-NCFC"]I''d go as far as saying the most important derby in the clubs history.[/quote]

Expect a no-show from the boys in yellow then :(- Fulham away anyone?
[/quote]

That''s my main worry too CT !

[quote user="Gentleman Jim"]

[quote user="CT "][quote user="Dan-NCFC"]I''d go as far as saying the most important derby in the clubs history.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

same!!!

[quote user="Mr. Norwich City"][quote user="Gentleman Jim"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

same!!!

[/quote]

and i was there!!

[quote user="Mr. Norwich City"][quote user="Mr. Norwich City"][quote user="Gentleman Jim"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

same!!!

[/quote]

and i was there!!

[/quote]

it was awful

That was my lowest day as football fan. I remember just feeling totally drained, i''m praying that feeling doesn''t come back within the next 3 weeks!

[quote user="Mr. Norwich City"][quote user="Mr. Norwich City"][quote user="Mr. Norwich City"][quote user="Gentleman Jim"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

same!!!

[/quote]

and i was there!!

[/quote]

it was awful

[/quote]

it was worse than thattt!!

[quote user="Gentleman Jim"]

[quote user="CT "][quote user="Dan-NCFC"]I''d go as far as saying the most important derby in the clubs history.[/quote]Expect a no-show from the boys in yellow then :(- Fulham away anyone?[/quote]

[/quote]Pull yourselves together!If Gunny can''t motivate them to give it some against the scum, no one can.Not going to blindly predict an easy win, far too cynical for that, but we will compete, of that I''m sure.

we have to win! end of!

by the end of play today its likely we are going to be back in the bottom 3... not nailed on but very likely...

lose tommorow and we will play a Reading team who are possibly trying to cling on to a play off place and are going to come out all guns firing....defeat against the binners is going to knock the stuffing out of fan and player alike.. its unthinkable! WE MUST WIN tommorow, not draw, not play well and lose, WIN at all costs.....

nothing else is acceptable.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

we have to win! end of!

by the end of play today its likely we are going to be back in the bottom 3... not nailed on but very likely...

lose tommorow and we will play a Reading team who are possibly trying to cling on to a play off place and are going to come out all guns firing....defeat against the binners is going to knock the stuffing out of fan and player alike.. its unthinkable! WE MUST WIN tommorow, not draw, not play well and lose, WIN at all costs.....

nothing else is acceptable.

jas :)

[/quote]I bet we''re out of the bottom 3 by K/O tomorrow...