Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Forest V Coventry & Reading V Barnsley

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]charlton down...saints look dead aswell...........COME ON READING!!!!!!!!1[/quote]

Looks like the charlton can match our points so despite needing a sghed load of goals it is not mathamatically sure

[quote user="St.John Cooper"]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]charlton down...saints look dead aswell...........COME ON READING!!!!!!!!1[/quote]

Looks like the charlton can match our points so despite needing a sghed load of goals it is not mathamatically sure

[/quote]

Don''t be so ridiculous!!

oops just seen charlton on got a draw...doh!

Question

when we play them on the last day and no doubt need a result will the fact the are already down

1. mean they roll over and we win easily?

2. relax and and play great football giving us a beating?

back in the zone again, we must get something tomorrow

Barnsley''s game in hand would be against useless Coventry as well!

[quote user="St.John Cooper"]

[/quote]They can''t finish above Barnsley or Forest so are mathematically down.

Who knows? Surely you should realise by now that you can''t predict anything in football except that we''re more than likely to suffer an embarassing no-show in any games of real performance...

[quote user="ITFC or NCFC......NCFC"]Have Setanta really got the Chelseaa - Arsenal game instead of Sky, ITV or BBC, I cant f''in believe that I was looking forward to watch that game!![/quote]I''m going to be watching online hopefully, if i find a link i''ll post it on here. Try checking www.atdhe.net, they normally have browser based streams so u dont have to download anything, or justin.tv is another good bet.

Indeed everyone is still very much in the thick of it, although with their run in I cant see Forest going down. Now we have to be capeable of doing waht Barnsley did AT LEAST when we play Reading.

[quote user="CT "][quote user="cityangel"]

Updated table

19Plymouth Argyle 44131120435550-12
20Nottingham Forest 44121319466349-17
21Barnsley 43121120415547-14
22Norwich City 43121021536146-8
23Southampton 44101420436444-21
24Charlton Athletic 4371422466935-23

[/quote]

Dont worry yourself gal- 3 points tomorrow''ll help [Y]
[/quote]

I hope it is the case but I predict losing tomorrow, beating reading and then.....well it will be D Day

Sweet Lord, this is not good. I''m still looking forward to tomorrow but that knot at the pit of my stomach is getting bigger and bigger!! To top it off just got the shock of my life at work, walking past a copy of John Warks biography that was on my trolley of childrens books to be put away!! Scared the living crap out of me!

That goal difference could be so important for us come the end.

The best we can hope for when Useless Coventry (their new name) play Barnsley is a draw I think, so three points tomorrow would be very well received indeed!

the fact that on the last day of the season Forest v Soton and Plymouth v Barnsley is our only saviour

having said all week we need 5 points to stay up, now i''m thinking more like 7. it''s a massive ask.

just done a BBC predictor thing and had Plymouth and Soton relegated by 1 point (that''s with us getting 7). Blackpool, Watford, and Coventry are all very much still in the mix as well!

I''ve also just done the BBC Predictor thing too. I had us surviving on goal difference on 51 pts. We beat Ipswich, and draw Reading and Charlton. Barnsley draw Charlton, shock everyone by beating Wolves and then lose to Plymouth to go down with the Saints.

I have to say though, we MUST win tomorrow, as now Reading have a lot to play for, contingent on them not picking anything up midweek to Derby. Forest will probably survive now. And Coventry City are really letting us down. Barnsely could go their and win. We really have to hope Coventry have sufficient pride to see the season out. Not convinced at the moment. Oh, and Wolves could well lose at Barnsley - it being Mick McCarthy''s home town, and with only 1 point away from the title. Whatever happens, win our last 3 games, and we''re safe. Win our next 2, and we could even sit easy come May the 1st.

I suggest you all bin the BBC predictor. Our fate will be decided by what we and the others do on the pitch, not what a computer programme spits out. Between now and 5 o''clock on May 3rd a lot of strange things will happen, but the bottom line is, and always has been, that we have to do the job, not rely on others to do it for us. We are where we are because time after time we have failed to stand up and  be counted when we needed to. If, Heaven forbid, we do go down it will because of that, not because Coventry or anyone else let us down. If we go down it will be because we let OURSELVES down, consistently, over a long period. The table doesn''t lie over 46 games and we have to get results. If we don''t, we can''t blame anyone but ourselves.

[quote user="Canary Poirot"]

I''ve also just done the BBC Predictor thing too. I had us surviving on goal difference on 51 pts. We beat Ipswich, and draw Reading and Charlton. Barnsley draw Charlton, shock everyone by beating Wolves and then lose to Plymouth to go down with the Saints.

I have to say though, we MUST win tomorrow, as now Reading have a lot to play for, contingent on them not picking anything up midweek to Derby. Forest will probably survive now. And Coventry City are really letting us down. Barnsely could go their and win. We really have to hope Coventry have sufficient pride to see the season out. Not convinced at the moment. Oh, and Wolves could well lose at Barnsley - it being Mick McCarthy''s home town, and with only 1 point away from the title. Whatever happens, win our last 3 games, and we''re safe. Win our next 2, and we could even sit easy come May the 1st.

[/quote]

Did the predictor ages ago and got 51 when that seemed hugely optimistic. Now we may need more than that. So much for the 50 point safety mark, think it will be 52 now. I had us down to beat Reading and draw with Ipswich and Charlton and it still may be down to goal difference.

[quote user="Beauseant"]I suggest you all bin the BBC predictor. Our fate will be decided by what we and the others do on the pitch, not what a computer programme spits out. Between now and 5 o''clock on May 3rd a lot of strange things will happen, but the bottom line is, and always has been, that we have to do the job, not rely on others to do it for us. We are where we are because time after time we have failed to stand up and  be counted when we needed to. If, Heaven forbid, we do go down it will because of that, not because Coventry or anyone else let us down. If we go down it will be because we let OURSELVES down, consistently, over a long period. The table doesn''t lie over 46 games and we have to get results. If we don''t, we can''t blame anyone but ourselves.[/quote]

Well said. We win our last three games, it doesn''t matter what anyone else does. I really believe we can win tomorrow.

[quote user="Beauseant"]I suggest you all bin the BBC predictor. Our fate will be decided by what we and the others do on the pitch, not what a computer programme spits out. Between now and 5 o''clock on May 3rd a lot of strange things will happen, but the bottom line is, and always has been, that we have to do the job, not rely on others to do it for us. We are where we are because time after time we have failed to stand up and  be counted when we needed to. If, Heaven forbid, we do go down it will because of that, not because Coventry or anyone else let us down. If we go down it will be because we let OURSELVES down, consistently, over a long period. The table doesn''t lie over 46 games and we have to get results. If we don''t, we can''t blame anyone but ourselves.[/quote]Spot on Beauseant! [Y]