Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

QPR vs Plymouth next Sat....Huge game!!

Apolgise if this was already common knowledge but I''ve only found out that it is Plymouth v Barnsley on the last game of the season.

After Plymouth''s disastrous 3-0 defeat today, that puts us 6 points behind them, with a game in hand, and a better goal difference, ''IF'' Qpr can win this match next Sat, the fact that they play Barnsley on the last day means that we could stay up with just two wins?

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Apolgise if this was already common knowledge but I''ve only found out that it is Plymouth v Barnsley on the last game of the season.

After Plymouth''s disastrous 3-0 defeat today, that puts us 6 points behind them, with a game in hand, and a better goal difference, ''IF'' Qpr can win this match next Sat, the fact that they play Barnsley on the last day means that we could stay up with just two wins?

[/quote]

According to my reading of the League table we''re only four points behind them.

We''re nailed-on then ?

[quote user="Helsinki canary"]I reckon we need 5 points from the last 3 and our goal diff will save us then.
[/quote]

I think this is likely to about right. 5 points and our goal difference will see us home. Win two of our last three, starting tomorrow to reduce nerves, and we should be home.

don''t expect cov to help us , they never have before and i hate them .

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

thanks for posting this, and you''ve cheered me up a bit, especially after Forest winning and Barnsley drawing. We have to hope/believe that Southampton are gone with Charlton, which leaves the one remaining relegation slot. I just can''t see Barnsley or Forest doing badly enough for us to get more points than them. Think Forest will get a draw at Blackpool and win against Southampton = 53 points. Barnsley win against Coventry, draw against Wolves and Plymouth = 52 points.If Plymouth do lose away at QPR, then they will be scrapping away like mad last game of the season against Barnsley, which could result in a draw, leaving them on 51 points. Two wins from 3'' leaving us on 52 points will be enough I reckon, and would very much like 1 of those to be tomorrow!