Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

After today's results.....

IMO it is a must win tomorrow, and I hope Gunn''s team selection reflects that. There were sugguestions in the EDP this morning that he may go with a similar formation to that of Swansea away- with one up front, well I hope that has now been put to one side, it simply has to be an all out win.

I believe you have to assume that Barnsley will win their game in hand at Coventry on Tuesday night, so it''s win or bust.

Completely agree. Attack is always the best form of defence. Sitting back just invites pressure and Norwich have rarely been good at surviving periods of pressure. We have to believe we can go there and win and that means a positive line up.

Today I had the pleasure of watching the worst game I have seen this season - Reading v Barnsley - if both teams play the same way for the remainder of the season we should be fine. Reading looked clueless and nervous, their players didn''t seem to want to shoot and they mustered very few decent chances and Barnsley were time wasting from kick off and efforts on goal were restricted to long range shots which were closer to the corner flag than the target.

[quote user="Berkshire Canary"]

Today I had the pleasure of watching the worst game I have seen this season - Reading v Barnsley - if both teams play the same way for the remainder of the season we should be fine. Reading looked clueless and nervous, their players didn''t seem to want to shoot and they mustered very few decent chances and Barnsley were time wasting from kick off and efforts on goal were restricted to long range shots which were closer to the corner flag than the target.

[/quote]

barnsley played for a point and got it.. that says more about them then it does about Reading.. their resilience could well see them ok...

dont underestimate Reading.. they arent assured a playoff place and next week are going to come out all guns firing.. this seasons hero, Leroy Lita, could well turn out to be the villain of the peice.

jas :)

Do you think Coppell will pick Lita? He''s not match fit and I tihnk he would have divided loyalties, especially as he''s leaving at the end of the season.

A win tomorrow and we drag Plymouth and possibly Derby and Blackpool into the mix too.

But lose and i think it''s all over for us!

Looking at the table, Coventry really need to beat Barnsley on Tuesday to put them out of any danger of relegation. If we win tomorrow, then Coventry will be looking over their shoulder!

Come off it, Coventry are safe already. Just hope they want to make an effort against Barnsley as it''s a home game.

Obviously hoping we win tomorrow would put us on 49pts,which leads us to tuesdays games in hand.If Coventry can ever do us a favour and beat Barnsley, then Reading remember how to score and beat Derby, it would leave Reading needing a point at Carra Rud to guarantee a playoff spot which in my eyes is the best they can hope for now.If Wolves (who can win the championship) beat Barnsely next saturday it would leave us also needing a point for guaranteed safety giving us the luxury of not needing anything at Charlton(exception Barnsley win 10-0 or something) And hopefully giving sky t.v just what they deserve for depriving us of our ritual last home game knees up a boring 0-0.

[B] So let''s stuff the binners then make a party of our safety on t.v next monday [<:o)]   

We dont win very much when we are on tv but we must win this time

[quote user="HIT"]

[/quote]The last 3 times we have been on TV we have so your wrong

[quote user="kiwiNCFC"][quote user="HIT"]

[/quote]The last 3 times we have been on TV we have so your wrong

[/quote]

Played twice this season Forest away won 2-1, Scum at home won 2-0 do you call this not doing well on TV?

You''d have to say the other teams results were OK for us today....Its in our hands and we have dragged Plymouth back into it!

Win tomorrow: we''re staying up!

Loose tomorrow: we''re going down!

For me its that simple and this is the biggest game for 10 years!

OTBC