Sign in to follow this  
AJ

Would Ipswich actually WANT us to go down?

Just a thought, with their play-offs bid all but over, would they really want us to go down?The two derbies each season obviously pocket both clubs the most money, would Ipswich want to lose this?I wouldn''t know the exact financial differences, but I can imagine it''s quite a difference from other games across the country.

[quote user="AJ"]Just a thought, with their play-offs bid all but over, would they really want us to go down?

The two derbies each season obviously pocket both clubs the most money, would Ipswich want to lose this?

I wouldn''t know the exact financial differences, but I can imagine it''s quite a difference from other games across the country.
[/quote]

They and their motley mob of supporters would be delighted for years if they helped send us down AJ.

i do really think norwich will be up for the game more than ipswich ,i see your point but i cant see the scummer faithfull thinking the same , they would love it if we went down .

[quote user="AJ"]Just a thought, with their play-offs bid all but over, would they really want us to go down?

The two derbies each season obviously pocket both clubs the most money, would Ipswich want to lose this?

I wouldn''t know the exact financial differences, but I can imagine it''s quite a difference from other games across the country.
[/quote]

Let''s look at another way, AJ. The roles are reversed and we could send the scum down with a win. Would you have any reservations? I suspect that answers your question!

Two points i''d like to make.

The first one is most of the ipswitch fans want us to stay up! The two derby games, home and away are the biggest games of the season! If we went down this can''t possibly happen.

The second point is, if we beat them today, it puts huge pressure on the ipswitch board to sack Magilton.  Many Ipswitch fans want him out now, and if they lose to us today, they may well get their wish!

Ipswich and their fans will want nothing more than a win and would love to see you get relegated no doubt, but come next season and getting the fixture list and without seeing the norwich - ipswich fixture they will be disappointed you are no longer in the same league, because i''d imagine the fixtures between you 2 clubs would be the first both sets of fans look forward too, and as its your only real derby game they''ll miss you lot. I know i''ve missed the derby games vs derby for the last 2 years and the ones vs forest for the past few seasons and will be delighted to be played both of them next season, aswell as coventry.so short term they''ll be delighted, long-term they''ll be gutted, i''m sure.you''ll have no problems beating them today, though! Big Smile [:D]

yep... the foxes didnt stay down there too long !!! , if if happens to us lets hope we bounce straight back , this club is too big like yourselves to be there !!

[quote user="STAR IN THE HOOD"]IMO Ipswich fans would love nothing more than to see us get relegated.

It would be exactly the same if the roles were reversed.[/quote]Yep... that''s the truth I''m sure.

[/quote]

I think you have your answer.