Sign in to follow this  
Willmeister

David Marshall on Canary Call

Just listening to him makes me certain that it wasn''t a penalty. The poor bloke sounded close to tears and there was genuine pure bewilderment in his voice as to why the penalty was awarded. I know we weren''t good enough today, but referee''s decisions this season have cost us dear, have we had one dubious decision go our way this season?

[quote user="Croft Has Fcuked Up A Cross Again"]Doesn''t your signature make you feel slightly sick?[/quote]No just sad, because obviously the players can have some pride at times.

absolutely spot on u could tell from his voice that he felt the referee was clueless. Its nice to hear what is said from a referee to a player in situations like this, and when he said the referee said " well he kicked the ball away from goal" and marshall replied "yes" but then responded with " but its still a foul" you have to wonder how he can justify giving a penalty which should only be given when a clear goal scoring chance is denied. Absolutely mad

[quote user="SpanishCanary"]absolutely spot on u could tell from his voice that he felt the referee was clueless. Its nice to hear what is said from a referee to a player in situations like this, and when he said the referee said " well he kicked the ball away from goal" and marshall replied "yes" but then responded with " but its still a foul" you have to wonder how he can justify giving a penalty which should only be given when a clear goal scoring chance is denied. Absolutely mad[/quote]Not going to justify the refs decision as I haven''t seen the incident but will pick you up on something. It''s a red card for a foul resulting in denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity, the foul and the fact that a goal scoring chance is denied are seperate. It is possible (like the ref gave today) to have the foul without the goal scoring opportunity being denied

I heard him too, he sounded genuinely gutted about the decision. I saw the replays not long ago and there seemed to be very little, if any, contact at all, and it certainly didn''t look like Marshall had denied any goal scoring opportuinity. I reckon we''d be safe if it wasn''t for all the  poor decisions by referees that have cost us so many point this season. Maybe they''ve all just decided amoungst themselves to ruin ncfc?? I doubt it, but it would seem that they''ve played a huge part in keeping us at the wrong end of the championship table.